Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wasn’t much of a fan of the last movie, if I’m being honest, so I don’t think I’ll see the next in theaters. I really disliked how much they downplayed the characters strengths/powers so they could explain why they couldn’t defeat the main antagonist. There was so many ”why didn’t they just do this” moments in the film, that I honestly found myself fairly annoyed with the whole thing.
    A thousand times this.

There is a "How it should have ended" video where one of the four possible suggested strategies made a LOT of sense. They suggested that right after Thanos shows up and Dr. Strange says "Oh yeah... you're MUCH more of a Thanos", he could have basically used his cloak to pull up Thanos' arm, dropped him through a portal and then snapped it shut as his arm was passing through, severing the arm with the Gauntlet. Same as what happened to Thanos' minion on Earth.

Sure, in reality it would have been a LOT harder to coordinate, but cmon... it's Super Heroes. Seems as likely as anything else that would have been done.

Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    My biggest fear for Avengers 4 is the villain and the motivation there.

Thanos wasnt evil he just wanted to balance everything out cause of what he saw on his home planet so it gave him a psychopaths logic and he completed his goal

Thanos is now content and prolly wounded from the axe and his glove looked pretty fucked up and he has no way to get a new one so where does Thanos go from here?

He never wanted to rule the galaxy just bring balance to it which he did so why would we need a massive team of superheroes to take him down? Is it just so they can steal the gems and somehow reverse everything he did?

All of Thanos henchmen are dead he is just a broken husk now with a broken gauntlet that yes still has the gems but the gauntlet looked pretty fucked so i doubt he could weld it that well now unless reasons in the next film.

I must say i cant wait for Avengers 4 it could be the icing on a epic cake of awesomeness and i do have confidence they will deliver but its just a nagging feeling i have in the back of my mind.
    He can still use the gauntlet, he just can't use them all together anymore. Notice how he ported away after getting Stormbringer to the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My 12 year old, who didn’t see the HISHE video, said the same thing - “Why didn’t they just cut his arm off with the portal like the other guy?”. Hell, Strange could have made a magical blade and just chopped his arm off instead of struggling to pull it off.

If kids are seeing the bad writing, they’ve got a problem.
    Some movies you can pick apart plot holes cause they are bad movies and its fun but when you have a good movie like Infinity war sometimes you need to give it some slack.

I mean look at the Back to the Future movies? They are prolly some of the best movies of the 80s but how many paradoxes can you count in that film?

Hell i could ask why can Thanos speak English? Why can his henchmen speak English? But sometimes you have to ask yourself its a comic book movie and like comic books you have to give it some leeway and just enjoy the ride which i did immensely with Infinity war.

Now i said leeway it doesnt mean the next movie can take that leeway and make it into a fucking 12 lane HIGHWAY!! I understand these movies are basically comic books onscreen but even with comic books you cant stray away too much from the boundaries of the universe also if the movie is boring and unfunny but it makes perfect sense but bores the living shit out of me then it fails hard IMO
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-09-26 at 06:16 AM.

Deleted
    Some movies you can pick apart plot holes cause they are bad movies and its fun but when you have a good movie like Infinity war sometimes you need to give it some slack.

I mean look at the Back to the Future movies? They are prolly some of the best movies of the 80s but how many paradoxes can you count in that film?
    Time travel isn't an exact science and in back to the futures case it uses a it's own version of the science

there's 3 types that are widely used

back to the futures you stsrt to phase out of you change something

the whole Paradox idea that you're reffering to

or everything that happens has always happened so if for example you went back to change something you'd end up setting those events in motion instead
    Last edited by mmoce026f1ce64; 2018-09-26 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    Time travel isn't an exact science and in back to the futures case it uses a it's own version of the science
    Neither is comic book logic!

Look at Thor and his magical weapon!!

Now i could answer Winter Blossoms question about Thanos glove by saying its as magical as Thors hammer and it was cause it was made in the same Forge and i could say it could be enchanted where it couldnt be cut off and seeing how Thanos was able to use it to shield everything Tony Stark threw at it.

Its comic book logic and sometimes you just gotta go with it.

Deleted
    If you dont like Avengers; Infinity Wars thats no problem, you're entitled to YOUR opinion, but please, dont tell others that they should think the same as you when its clear most people loved it.

To me, who got to experience the golden age of comics, its a dream come true to see all my heroes come to live on the big white screen and frankly, most of the actors seem to have been made for their roles.

- - - Updated - - -

logic... hmm, well, what seems logic to you might not be for the next, imagine logic if this was a perfect world, we wouldnt need superheroes so we wouldnt need to make movies about them, you can use logic into the absurd.

best thing when watching a movie is, sit back and enjoy it, if you cant enjoy it then dont watch it and dont comment on it, let others enjoy it without feeling the need to break it down. there's plenty other movies that would fit your logic, try teenage mutant ninja turtles, or pitch perfect, or shallow hal, to much to name.

Deleted
    Neither is comic book logic!

Look at Thor and his magical weapon!!

Now i could answer Winter Blossoms question about Thanos glove by saying its as magical as Thors hammer and it was cause it was made in the same Forge and i could say it could be enchanted where it couldnt be cut off and seeing how Thanos was able to use it to shield everything Tony Stark threw at it.

Its comic book logic and sometimes you just gotta go with it.
    i know it's comic logic, I'm not disputing that what i am disputing is you applying different timetravel science to back to the future

in comics it's varies from writer to writer like a few months ago before the big batman wedding issue there was a booster gold cameo in a story that made no sense at all based on any time travel theorys at all ( even for a screw up like booster he would of known what he was doing was fucking stupid)
    Last edited by mmoce026f1ce64; 2018-09-26 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    i know it's comic logic, I'm not disputing that what i am disputing is you applying different timetravel science to back to the future

in comics it's varies from writer to writer like a few months ago before the big batman wedding issue there was a booster gold cameo in a story that made no sense at all based on any time travel theorys at all ( even for a screw up like booster he would of known what he was doing was fucking stupid)
    I know my back to the future was a bad analogy and i shouldve used another one for my point about comic book movies.

Chris Evans has wrapped up his filming as Captain America after 8 years. Farewell, Chris. We’re going to miss you.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I'm sure this has been said a million times elsewhere, but the idea I had to bridge the current MCU into the post-Avengers 4 one, which has the X-Men, involves a kind of intentional retcon.

The big problem with introducing mutants at this stage is we logically would have seen them by now if they already existed in the MCU.

I think the fix is to make it so however Stark and Capt undo the finger-snap, be it going into the past or just getting the gauntlet for themselves and simply undoing it... the process is imperfect as a mortal will be the one who did it. It brings everyone back, but some things are different. Some people have an X-Gene, a literal accident of creation. History may have been retconned so that it's always been there in the post-Snap MCU (but not in the pre-Snap). Not everyone is a mutant or has an X-gene... maybe 1 in 10,000.... but now mutants exist as the legacy of the Infinity War.

I think that's the most elegant way to introduce such an important concept rather than "oh by the way they've always been here but hiding".

Secondly, after credit's scene... I'd like them to adapt one of my favorite seens from the last 10 years of Avengers. Stark "Uncreates" the Infinity Stones using the Gauntlet. As far as everyone believes, they're destroyed. But really, they're not. The end-credit's scene would be Stark, Doctor Strange and the Black Panther standing in a room, secretly dividing three among themselves and deciding who to bring into the fold to give the other three (of course, Black Bolt would be here if the Inhumans show wasn't trash).

The Illuminati are born.

The title has gotten leaked by Mark Rufflao:

Avengers: Annihilation

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The title has gotten leaked by Mark Rufflao:

Avengers: Annihilation
    Has he been fired for doing that?

According to twitter the Russo brothers have fired him

https://twitter.com/Russo_Brothers/s...fkUxiDlXK.html

https://www.hindustantimes.com/holly...fkUxiDlXK.html

Not sure if you can fire someone on twitter or that this might be a red herring
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-10-06 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

No it was a joke. What he did on the show was planned, a skit.

/facepalm

Cant believe people think these mistakes are real and are not just more marketing. He accidentally forgets about his phone recording once and now its a meme and the suits know it, so they milk it for all its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    /facepalm

Cant believe people think these mistakes are real and are not just more marketing. He accidentally forgets about his phone recording once and now its a meme and the suits know it, so they milk it for all its worth.
    Yeah, Ruffalo even tweeted before the show aired about it to make sure folks tuned in...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Sorry seems like with the BLEEP removed from Mark Rufflao he doesn't say Annihilation he says: Avengers: The Last Avenger
    https://youtu.be/O8CtH9Almoo?t=151

/facepalm

I do feel like a bit of a tit for falling for it but in this day and age you can never tell.

We have a President who pretty much decides world policy from Twitter and seeing how i dont watch these late night shows i just googled Infinity war Annihilation and got a shit ton about how Mark Ruffalo was fired.

I guess i dont know what to make of anything in this crazy fast paced world we live in but damn things was so much simpler back in the day
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-10-09 at 04:02 AM.

I do feel like a bit of a tit for falling for it but in this day and age you can never tell.

We have a President who pretty much decides world policy from Twitter and seeing how i dont watch these late night shows i just googled Infinity war Annihilation and got a ton about how Mark Ruffalo was fired.

I guess i dont know what to make in this crazy fast paced world damn things was so much simply back in the day
    Its fair man, my reaction was a bit overboard, not everyone follows the instagram/twitters.

Mark Ruffalo and Tom Holland are the new marketing stooges though with staged "leaks"

Its fair man, my reaction was a bit overboard, not everyone follows the instagram/twitters.

Mark Ruffalo and Tom Holland are the new marketing stooges though with staged "leaks"
    No worries and you are right anything those 2 will say in the next 6 months i shall take with a whole mountain of salt!

I'm picturing an alternate ending to the first Captain America...

"The controls are damaged! You're going to have to steer the plane into the ice or a ton of people are going to die!"

Captain America: "Sorry guys, I don't trade lives."
    *Jumps*