Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

I really don't understand the hype around these trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They would rather have fans talk about this shit for months before its even out and get hyped/go see the movie aka spend money.
    ugh... It's like you're completely unaware that you just described the exact purpose of a movie trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Rather than have a better movie experience.
    Everyone was already wondering where Hawkeye was in the last movie, and it's not as if he's a character that hadn't been established at all (or really had no place being in the movie to begin with). A character whose reveal might have actually been a genuine "fuck yeah!" moment if it had been kept under wraps until the actual movie came out.
    *cough*Wonder Woman*cough*cough*
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2018-12-08 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    We know from the trailer that he’s a conflicted Stromtrooper. What are you talking about?
    no not necessarily

we see him take off a stormtrooper helmet, but luke did the exact same thing in ep IV.

it wasnt really confirmed he was a stormtrooper, that was just one theory of many.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's like you're personally offended that she just didn't react to the trailer the same way you did...
    This IS the internet...

The trailer was decent, but the IronMan stuff was sort of flat for me. Whenever they do the suspenseful "will he make it" stuff, needs to actually have a chance of happening and impacting the story. The Cap stuff was better, IMO, since it was like "how are we going to fix this". I also don't think the Ant Man reveal was really impactful. He didn't "die" in A3, and he was in Realm in AM&W, so tossing his name up as dead on a screen, then revealing he's alive didn't do much.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

More of the same boring shit. Never saw the value in these movies. I will see it on TV or somewhere else, but not in cinema, probably.

The best part of the trailer for me was definitely the Hawkeye reveal and the look on his face like you know he watched his family turn into dust before his very eyes and him being a soldier and not being able to fight is prolly chewing him up to the point of psychopathy and prolly not only blames Thanos but also the Avengers and the government.

Thats the worse feeling for a soldier is knowing maybe you couldve done something to stop what happened but you wasnt allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Why post in a thread about things you hate? I wouldn't even bother looking for a thread about 50 Shades or My Little Pony.
    Saw the trailer link in previous page. Gave it a shot, concluded to be same boring shit. I am sorry that I have triggered you by criticizing your beloved movie.

Just out of curiosity, what movies aren't "the same boring shit" to your sensitive hipster palate?
    Just checked movies of 2016, 2017 and 2018 quickly. Other than Fantastic Beasts (which is slightly above average imo), I didn't see any movie worth mentioning. I am very picky when it comes to art.

Here is my sensitive hipster palate:

The last movie that I found rather impressive is 12 years of slave. I enjoyed Hateful Eight too. Django Unchained from the same year was also a good movie. The last proper science fiction I watched was District 9 and perhaps Moon. Mad Max Fury Road was okay too.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-12-08 at 11:12 PM.

Deleted
    That's like saying "the library is literally a dictionary" or "the mall is literally a restaurant."
    And most pointless nitpick of the year goes to...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Saw the trailer link in previous page. Gave it a shot, concluded to be same boring shit. I am sorry that I have triggered you by criticizing your beloved movie.
    Didn't answer his question.

- - - Updated - - -

I am very picky when it comes to art.
    Sigh, you're one of those aren't you?

Hint: art is subjective.

Just checked movies of 2016, 2017 and 2018 quickly. Other than Fantastic Beasts (which is slightly above average imo), I didn't see any movie worth mentioning. I am very picky when it comes to art.

Here is my sensitive hipster palate:

The last movie that I found rather impressive is 12 years of slave. I enjoyed Hateful Eight too. Django Unchained from the same year was also a good movie. The last proper science fiction I watched was District 9 and perhaps Moon. Mad Max Fury Road was okay too.

So if its not sci-fi, fantasy, or a tanento film its out basically?

I didn't want to derail the thread, but here you go....I just wrote what I think of this movie is likely to be. I didn't look to this thread. I didn't read it. Just followed the link on last page, as my friend told me the trailer was out.

Not everyone is out there to get attention, and not everyone likes the facal matter fed to averagers. Not everyone likes mainstream boring shit and not every thread is circle jerk for emotionally weak interweb users.

Gotta deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    So if its not sci-fi, fantasy, or a tanento film its out basically?
    I can give you examples from different genre, but we need to go back. As I said, I am picky. I do not feel the need to have a favorite film every year. I like 12 angry man a lot.

Not everyone is out there to get attention
    He says, posting in a thread about how he's soooo much better than these movies, for the sole purpose of getting attention. Get lost.

The last movie that I found rather impressive is 12 years of slave.
    Not impressive enough to remember the title, though. Because a true appreciation of art is forgetting what it's called in the first place!

Looks like number of emotionally damaged users is getting high. I do not want to get an infraction for this shit. I am out with the following words:

Avengers series, in the core, is brain-dead, low effort GFX-fest movies. It involves nothing intellectual or interesting. If you like Avengers, it's okay more power to you but do not come forth and claim it's a fine piece of art. It isn't.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-12-09 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Not impressive enough to remember the title, though. Because a true appreciation of art is forgetting what it's called in the first place!
    I have a bad memory, what can I do?

Not sure what's up with the hate.
    Not everything has to be meaningful.
    Sometimes explosions and fights are enough.

I didn't want to derail the thread, but here you go....
    Of course you did. You basically came here in and shitpost. What did you expect to happen when that was your contribution to a multipage thread about hype for an upcoming movie?

I just wrote what I think of this movie is likely to be.
    Except you had to piss on all the superhero movies in the process.

By all means feel free to dislike them, but people can like other things. That's how entertainment works. Just because you think they're "boring shit" doesn't mean they are objectively "boring shit".

I didn't look to this thread. I didn't read it. Just followed the link on last page, as my friend told me the trailer was out.
    None of that explains why you were compelled to post.

Not everyone is out there to get attention
    True for sure, but it's hard to conclude you are in that bucket.

and not everyone likes the facal matter fed to averagers. Not everyone likes mainstream boring shit and not every thread is circle jerk for emotionally weak interweb users.
    Good job talking down to everyone that dares to like superhero movies. Comments like these really only get written to get a rise out of people. Precluding it with suggesting you aren't seeking attention doesn't change this.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like number of emotionally damaged users is getting high. I do not want to get an infraction for this shit. I am out with the following words:
    Nice job insulting people. None of us are the people that joined the thread to take a dump in it and then act like we're the ones being ridiculous though.

Avengers series, in the core, is brain-dead, low effort GFX-fest movies. It involves nothing intellectual or interesting. If you like Avengers, it's okay more power to you but do not come forth and claim it's a fine piece of art. It isn't.
    No one is saying it's a piece of fine art, so your argument here is strange and clearly just an excuse you gave yourself to crap on superhero movies and those who watch them some more.

OK has everyone stopped flirting with each other and can we now discuss what we saw?

First off i noticed that Shuri from Black Panthers face came up as one of the Missing which means either she is dust or most likely decided to disappear and maybe she has plans to grab some flower juice and a spare black panther suit setting her up as a female black panther? Sure Kilmonger burnt all the flowers but i wouldnt put it past them if the vibranium created new flowers cause this is comic books and we all know nothing stays dead or stays gone.

Secondly and this is a nitpick but how did Thanos get his armour in that scene? He clearly took it off on Thors ship then blew it up and he then fought without it all the way until Thor skewered him.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    No one is saying it's a piece of fine art, so your argument here is strange and clearly just an excuse you gave yourself to crap on superhero movies and those who watch them some more.
    It has nothing to do with my personal take on superhero movies. Compare Dark Knight with Avengers, you'll see the difference. That's what avengers is.

Alright give it a rest can we please just talk about the trailer and the future of the Avengers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Of course they don’t need to. However, when they don’t, they often are very underwhelming.
    And they are also often whelming or even overwhelming.

I think I'd prefer a underwhelming trailer to reduce expectations and being pleasantly surprised (or not surprised at all), over getting high expectations and being disappointed.

I've never liked trailers that basically tell me the entire plot and twists, like the infinity war trailers. I like the mystery, I guess.
    Hi