Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I think that to bridge the current MCU into the post-Avengers 4 one, which has the X-Men in it (which will be the big money maker one day), involves an in-universe retcon of sorts.
    Now that would be one crowded movie universe, after adding mutants and F4.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I think that to bridge the current MCU into the post-Avengers 4 one, which has the X-Men in it (which will be the big money maker one day), involves an in-universe retcon of sorts.

The big problem with introducing mutants at this stage is we logically would have seen them by now if they already existed in the MCU.

I think the fix is to make it so however Stark and Capt undo the finger-snap, be it going into the past or just getting the gauntlet for themselves and simply undoing it... the process is imperfect as a mortal will be the one who did it. Reality is rebooted. It brings everyone back, but some things are different. Some people have an X-Gene, a literal accident of creation. History may have been retconned so that it's always been there in the post-Snap MCU (but not in the pre-Snap). Not everyone is a mutant or has an X-gene... maybe 1 in 10,000.... but now mutants exist as the legacy of the Infinity War.

I think that's the most elegant way to introduce such an important concept rather than "oh by the way they've always been here but hiding".

Secondly, after credit's scene... I'd like them to adapt one of my favorite seens from the last 10 years of Avengers. Stark "Uncreates" the Infinity Stones using the Gauntlet. As far as everyone believes, they're destroyed. But really, they're not. The end-credit's scene would be Stark, Doctor Strange and the Black Panther standing in a room, secretly dividing three among themselves and deciding who to bring into the fold to give the other gems (of course, Black Bolt would be here if the Inhumans show wasn't trash).

The Illuminati are born.
    Yeah I think if they want X-Men/mutants to stick close to their conceptual roots, they'll have to do something like this, and it would work out quite nicely. The ideal time is "right now" but I dunno if the timing of the Fox deal was such that they could give us something in AV4 (post credits feels like the best bet if it's anything).

Illuminati... not sure we'll see it. Too many missing players right now and I think they'd be hard pressed to come up with reasonable surrogates for Reed, Xavier, Namor, and Black Bolt while still keeping to the fundamental theme of the Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Now that would be one crowded movie universe, after adding mutants and F4.
    Yes and no, it all depends on how they handle it.

This does speak to a thought that played around my mind a bit when they first got the rights to do a Spider-man movie. Basically, the more characters that exist int eh MCU, the longer "sagas" will take to play out because we'll only reasonably get so many movies a year from Disney. It's already impressive we get three a year, to be honest. I guess maybe 4 per year is possible but feels unlikely. Anyway, so when I heard they were making a Spider-man movie I was happy and sad - happy because I knew we'd get a good Spidey film, but sad because it meant other MCU films would have to be moved to make room.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Yeah I think if they want X-Men/mutants to stick close to their conceptual roots, they'll have to do something like this, and it would work out quite nicely. The ideal time is "right now" but I dunno if the timing of the Fox deal was such that they could give us something in AV4 (post credits feels like the best bet if it's anything).

Illuminati... not sure we'll see it. Too many missing players right now and I think they'd be hard pressed to come up with reasonable surrogates for Reed, Xavier, Namor, and Black Bolt while still keeping to the fundamental theme of the Illuminati.
    So I'm gonna answer the second part first. With regards to the Illuminati... I think it's a great avenue to introducing those characters, though I believe there is some complications with Namor. I'm there could be a stand in for the "difficult" member if his rights are still screwed up. Maybe even Doom himself would be one.

Reed Richards... it depends how they do the fantastic four. My personal preference would be almost the Captain Marvel route, but in the 1960s. They're the greatest explorers nobody's ever heard of. Richards greated much of SHIELD's technology, but they (and Doom) have been lost for years. Richards should be a very established actor in his 50s, and not a 30 or 20 something year old. He should be the next Tony Stark.

Black Bolt... well this one is easy. Retcon the terrible Inhumans show out of existence. The Netflix shows have questionable continuity (as in, fully expect a new Dardevil shown Disney+ in five years). Agents of Shield should be treated as selectively cannoical (basically only where things intersect with the Avengers). Basically, do Inhumans right.

Xavier is the hardest character of them all because introducing Mutants out of the blue finds its greatest problem in him and Mangeto. He can only be a mentor to younger mutants and form the X-Men if had an entire life of learning to be a mutant before being crippled and returning to Westchester. And similarly, Magneto's origins, deeply linked to World War II, would make him over 100 years old by now.

If the MCU can figure out how to do Xavier and Magneto without making it seemed stapled on, they figure out mutants.

I really think though that the entire Illunmanti thing, if they did do it, would naturally lead to a MCU-style Secret Wars / Final Incursion.And that itself may be the way forward. Perhaps the best route rather than retrofitting mutants into the MCU is to have them basically take the place of all the Ultimate Universe heroes for the Final Incursion, and have them fight the MCU heroes as the world ends, before the post-Secret Wars universe brings them into the MCU.

However they do it, I think the take away is that introducing mutants is going to be very difficult without seeming bolted on. I don't envy the writers. But I agree with the Russo Brothers. Secret Wars has to be done. It's the only thing bigger than Infinity War.

They should just get Ghostrider to use penance stare on thanos.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    They should just get Ghostrider to use penance stare on thanos.
    They did that in the comics,he laughed and made Ghost Rider his personal lackey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    They did that in the comics,he laughed and made Ghost Rider his personal lackey.
    Yeah, because the author of that stupid ass story was fucking clueless about how the penance stare actually works. The way that dumbass wrote it was as if the penance stare just SHOWED you everything you had ever done. And Thanos enjoyed getting to see it, which is why he was not affected.

Thing is, that is NOT how the penance stare works. The way the penance stare actually works is, you FEEL all the pain you ever caused, all the suffering ever caused, essentially, you feel every, single thing your victims ever felt. You beat a person to death? You feel like every one of those punches, kicks, etc you threw is hitting YOU. You burned a planet from orbit? You feel yourself burning to death..millions of times over. Crushed someone's skull? You feel the pain of YOUR skull being crushed. It does NOT just show you fucking images of what you did. Donny Cates should not be allowed to go anywhere fucking NEAR Ghost Rider after that shitty ass writing.

Xavier is the hardest character of them all because introducing Mutants out of the blue finds its greatest problem in him and Mangeto. He can only be a mentor to younger mutants and form the X-Men if had an entire life of learning to be a mutant before being crippled and returning to Westchester. And similarly, Magneto's origins, deeply linked to World War II, would make him over 100 years old by now.
    I do think they'll most likely just do a massive "reality shift" to explain mutants, but it would be neat if they instead lead off with Magneto and Professor X killing each other, and with Xaviers death you find out he's been psionically removing mutants actions from folks minds for the last 50 years. Now suddenly everyone realizes they've been messed with and the hysteria would make Sikovia a fond memory. Move right into anti-mutant clamp downs, though not into the real wasteland/dystopia stuff.

I really think though that the entire Illunmanti thing, if they did do it, would naturally lead to a MCU-style Secret Wars / Final Incursion.And that itself may be the way forward.
    I think they should just take a step back and tell some smaller stories myself. Introduce some new heroes, decide which heroes will be moving forward, then figure out the next meta-arc.

However they do it, I think the take away is that introducing mutants is going to be very difficult without seeming bolted on. I don't envy the writers. But I agree with the Russo Brothers. Secret Wars has to be done. It's the only thing bigger than Infinity War.
    I mean, it's pretty much a given that the Fox "continuity" is gone, right? So I wonder if they'd move forward with an alternate realm Xmen movies that doesn't reference most of the Avengers at all, then merge the two later with Secret Wars or whatever other random realm shattering event they want.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh, forgot Valkyrie! That would be a cool exchange!

Ugh, why do I have the feeling Captain Marvel is going to be shoe-horned everywhere?
    Cause stronk womyn and all that.

Trolling isn't allowed. Post constructively or not at all. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-12-17 at 01:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    lol this thread.

So who saves Tony. Pepper Potts, himself or....Cap....Marvel?

Personally I would like to see it be himself and Ironman1 his way out.

But I feel its more likely gonna be a Thor crashing into guardians type deal. And who better than Tony to introduce Marvel to the gang when they arrive back on earth....especially now that fury is dust

I don't know if they can really get away with that more than once. Stark getting saved by random chance would be pretty stupid imo. I think Rocket is the best candidate.

He is going to need something to do in the movie. He is the only Guardian on earth and doesn' know the rest of the Avengers. It would make sense that he would want to find Quill's ship. In the first movie we already learned of his fear of being alone. So he is going to want to find the rest of the Guardians, and hope they weren't dusted. Instead he find Tony and Nebula.

But i mean. there are half a dozen people it could be it seems like so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    ^

CinemaSins used to be interesting, as his very first EWW Avengers video was fun and mainly pointed out trivia, but then he transformed into a mean spirited guy who has to ruin everything he touches, so I stopped watching.
    I think what happened is he went from a 3-5 min format to a 15-20 min format despite only really having 3-5 min of good content. So he got more nitpicky an less fun. I used to watch all his shit, now none.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, no. I will watch them. Sorry (not sorry). So, when they pointed out that it was dumb that fully gemmed gauntlet couldn't blast away Thor axe, they were wrong?
    God knows what the deal with the magic ax is, god knows exactly WHAT Thanos shot at the ax. The gauntlet being fully gemed doesn't mean he used the full strength of it.

I gave up on CS when they started nitpicking the shit out of movies to justify a 20 min video where a 5 min video used to be perfect.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The most anticipated movie of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by arthurmicheal View Post
    Is How to Train Your Dragon 3 and John Wick 3 for me.

I wonder if there will be an interest drop in the MCU after Endgame releases as the exhausted Infinity Stone storyline will be over, Captain America will be finished and Tony Stark will fade into the background.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurmicheal View Post
    sure if you ignore lion king

So I'm gonna answer the second part first. With regards to the Illuminati... I think it's a great avenue to introducing those characters, though I believe there is some complications with Namor. I'm there could be a stand in for the "difficult" member if his rights are still screwed up. Maybe even Doom himself would be one.

Reed Richards... it depends how they do the fantastic four. My personal preference would be almost the Captain Marvel route, but in the 1960s. They're the greatest explorers nobody's ever heard of. Richards greated much of SHIELD's technology, but they (and Doom) have been lost for years. Richards should be a very established actor in his 50s, and not a 30 or 20 something year old. He should be the next Tony Stark.

Black Bolt... well this one is easy. Retcon the terrible Inhumans show out of existence. The Netflix shows have questionable continuity (as in, fully expect a new Dardevil shown Disney+ in five years). Agents of Shield should be treated as selectively cannoical (basically only where things intersect with the Avengers). Basically, do Inhumans right.

If the MCU can figure out how to do Xavier and Magneto without making it seemed stapled on, they figure out mutants.

I really think though that the entire Illunmanti thing, if they did do it, would naturally lead to a MCU-style Secret Wars / Final Incursion.And that itself may be the way forward. Perhaps the best route rather than retrofitting mutants into the MCU is to have them basically take the place of all the Ultimate Universe heroes for the Final Incursion, and have them fight the MCU heroes as the world ends, before the post-Secret Wars universe brings them into the MCU.

My personal fan theory is that the X-Men are a result of the snap reversal. The 50% that were snapped away return, but a tiny portion of those that do are altered from the infinity stones in the same way Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were.

This would mean Mutants become an entirely new thing, yet they remain the age they were when they were dissolved away. So it would essentially have to change the older mutants origins like Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto, but they'd still be old men suddenly finding themselves having control over new powers.

Sooner or later we all have to accept Magneto's origin needs to change. Personally I wouldn't mind if they made him African and a survivor of Apartheid or Rwanda. It's important to him as a character to have survived a genocide, otherwise his hatred of humanity makes him into a loony villain instead of a tragic vengeance-fueled survivor. Having him be a black apartheid or Rwandan would fit this perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Sooner or later we all have to accept Magneto's origin needs to change. Personally I wouldn't mind if they made him African and a survivor of Apartheid or Rwanda.
    No. Just no..."Max Eisenhardt" is perfect as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "I survived the Holocaust. I have seen firsthand the evilness in humanity. Join me, brothers and sisters, in moving the human race toward the next step of evolution!"

He says, stuck to a hospital bed wheezing after every syllable, because by the year 2020 should he be introduced, he'd have to be over 85 years old.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yeah, because the author of that stupid ass story was fucking clueless about how the penance stare actually works. The way that dumbass wrote it was as if the penance stare just SHOWED you everything you had ever done. And Thanos enjoyed getting to see it, which is why he was not affected.

Thing is, that is NOT how the penance stare works. The way the penance stare actually works is, you FEEL all the pain you ever caused, all the suffering ever caused, essentially, you feel every, single thing your victims ever felt. You beat a person to death? You feel like every one of those punches, kicks, etc you threw is hitting YOU. You burned a planet from orbit? You feel yourself burning to death..millions of times over. Crushed someone's skull? You feel the pain of YOUR skull being crushed. It does NOT just show you fucking images of what you did. Donny Cates should not be allowed to go anywhere fucking NEAR Ghost Rider after that shitty ass writing.
    This. Thanos would turn in to a vegetable from the feeling of half of the life in the universe dying crashing into him all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I wonder if there will be an interest drop in the MCU after Endgame releases as the exhausted Infinity Stone storyline will be over, Captain America will be finished and Tony Stark will fade into the background.
    I would say it all depends on what the future films look like, how AV4 ends, etc.

Sooner or later we all have to accept Magneto's origin needs to change. Personally I wouldn't mind if they made him African and a survivor of Apartheid or Rwanda. It's important to him as a character to have survived a genocide, otherwise his hatred of humanity makes him into a loony villain instead of a tragic vengeance-fueled survivor. Having him be a black apartheid or Rwandan would fit this perfectly.
    This is a really good point. It's literally just a numbers thing, and I could see something like what you suggest working. I definitely agree with you on the general "core" of Magneto that needs to persist into a re-imagination of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    JFC when did that become his name? How many aliases does the dude have and why can't writers just leave his name alone lol?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    JFC when did that become his name? How many aliases does the dude have and why can't writers just leave his name alone lol?
    His story was reworked about a decade ago.
    They kept most it.

- - - Updated - - -

"I survived the Holocaust. I have seen firsthand the evilness in humanity. Join me, brothers and sisters, in moving the human race toward the next step of evolution!"
    He says, stuck to a hospital bed wheezing after every syllable, because by the year 2020 should he be introduced, he'd have to be over 85 years old.
    And Steve Rogers is how old?

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I think what happened is he went from a 3-5 min format to a 15-20 min format despite only really having 3-5 min of good content. So he got more nitpicky an less fun. I used to watch all his shit, now none.

- - - Updated - - -

God knows what the deal with the magic ax is, god knows exactly WHAT Thanos shot at the ax. The gauntlet being fully gemed doesn't mean he used the full strength of it.

I gave up on CS when they started nitpicking the shit out of movies to justify a 20 min video where a 5 min video used to be perfect.
    Youtube algorithm favors 10+minute videos as well as large quantity of videos.

Its stupid and screwed over skit channels