Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Thor gets cancer!
    Spiderman comes out as trans
    Captain America defects to china!
    Lucy Lu is now Hawkeye
    You know there is actually one story line from a Spiderman comic where it urns out Mary Jane gets cancer from Peter Parker's radioactive semen.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    You know there is actually one story line from a Spiderman comic where it urns out Mary Jane gets cancer from Peter Parker's radioactive semen.
    Lex Luthor also gets cancer from carrying around kryptonite 24/7 in one story line. DC character but still.

the thing about the superhero genre and why they're a good story telling format is because you can do literally anything.

Imagination is allowed to mirror real life and they're not constrained by the limits of normal story telling either. But it requires a talented writer and they often fail to get them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lex Luthor also gets cancer from carrying around kryptonite 24/7 in one story line. DC character but still.

the thing about the superhero genre and why they're a good story telling format is because you can do literally anything.

Imagination is allowed to mirror real life and they're not constrained by the limits of normal story telling either. But it requires a talented writer and they often fail to get them
    I know that's why i love comics. In a comic literally anyone can be anything they want the story to be. My dream since I was a kid was to own my own comic cooks and collectible's store.

Yep theres also one where aunt may sleeps with her brother and is actually petes dad but they never mention it anymore. Sures its in the main marvel universe but people hated the idea so much that its just ignored now even though its true.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Yep theres also one where aunt may sleeps with her brother and is actually petes dad but they never mention it anymore. Sures its in the main marvel universe but people hated the idea so much that its just ignored now even though its true.
    I love how comics can be soap operas, dramas, comedies, action or really anything else you can think of.

That's a non-canon story, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I like how you say all of this as if it isn't exactly what happened with the prequels (and yet fans still came back for more a decade later...nevermind that they somehow managed to convince themselves that ep.III was any better than II). But hey, if you think these problems are somehow unique to Disney, I won't try to dissuade you.
    The prequels spawned a movie that flopped? They killed further installments in the franchise because they were so poorly recieved? Really? Huh. I must have missed that.

Really digging this. I'm glad that they've gone serious with the tone - at least from the trailers - and are trying to capture the gravity of what happened.

Also nice to see that they might spent at least some time showing the world with half its population gone.

I do wonder though - there must also be some "lucky" people who basically survived with their entire families intact. For these people, the new world would be great - half the people, their loved ones still around them.

Quote Originally Posted by kakasniper20202 View Post
    Really digging this. I'm glad that they've gone serious with the tone - at least from the trailers - and are trying to capture the gravity of what happened.

Also nice to see that they might spent at least some time showing the world with half its population gone.

I do wonder though - there must also be some "lucky" people who basically survived with their entire families intact. For these people, the new world would be great - half the people, their loved ones still around them.
    I hope these, as well as people who didn't have anyone to lose in the first place, are shown as Thanos supporters.

This is like, the plot of The Leftovers on HBO. Which is far better as a media than anything the MCU is gonna do with Endgame and the true insanity of losing half the universe's population. In The Leftovers, I think they only lost 3% of the world's population, and it was devastating on a humanity-altering level.

It seems amusing to me (and I hope it is) how Rocket is kinda stranded on Earth and I want to see the "oh god, you guys are so backwards" shit he has to go through. Although I'm surprised Thor didn't rainbow bridge him back to a planet or back to the Ravagers.

And is that Thor in Thano's farming hut?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Haven't watched a capeshit movie in 10 years but the darker theme looks alright. Though the massacre of the star wars franchise has turned me off these types of fantasy and sci fi films in general.

Are there any good 'thinking' movies of this half of the decade that doesn't follow the same handful of generic templates in a '3 act play'?
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is like, the plot of The Leftovers on HBO. Which is far better as a media than anything the MCU is gonna do with Endgame and the true insanity of losing half the universe's population. In The Leftovers, I think they only lost 3% of the world's population, and it was devastating on a humanity-altering level.
    I think Marvel and comic book movies in general do a pretty poor job of showing the real-world impact of superbeings walking around us.

The biggest issue, I think, would be Thor. That's a "real" God actually worshipped for thousands of years by an entire civilization. If he is real, then wouldn't Scandinavians start going back to paganism? Wouldn't other pagan religions follow suit? If Thor is real, why wouldn't Zeus or Osiris be real too?

At the same time, it would start some sort of hunt for Jesus too. Because in a universe where Thor and Odin exist, Jesus must too as well, right?

At the same time, it would start some sort of hunt for Jesus too. Because in a universe where Thor and Odin exist, Jesus must too as well, right?
    Or it could point to the opposite? Nearly all religious dogmas insist that their god/gods are the real ones and more importantly, they are the only ones. So If another god was proven real it would mean a lot of questions would be asked of the other religions.

I think Marvel and comic book movies in general do a pretty poor job of showing the real-world impact of superbeings walking around us.

The biggest issue, I think, would be Thor. That's a "real" God actually worshipped for thousands of years by an entire civilization. If he is real, then wouldn't Scandinavians start going back to paganism? Wouldn't other pagan religions follow suit? If Thor is real, why wouldn't Zeus or Osiris be real too?

Think this was from Spider man: Homecomming, but you can see the Koren Church of Asgard here.
    https://fsmedia.imgix.net/46/92/08/7...ss&dpr=2&w=650

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok my review thus far coming from someone here who is old and lame, but liked the first Infinity war.

I have to say so far, I've seen nothing exciting, and the prospects of anything that would make me pay to go see the follow up is low.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I think Marvel and comic book movies in general do a pretty poor job of showing the real-world impact of superbeings walking around us. The biggest issue, I think, would be Thor. That's a "real" God actually worshipped for thousands of years by an entire civilization. If he is real, then wouldn't Scandinavians start going back to paganism? Wouldn't other pagan religions follow suit? If Thor is real, why wouldn't Zeus or Osiris be real too?
    It was given a couple of issues of consideration back during Simonson's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    It seems amusing to me (and I hope it is) how Rocket is kinda stranded on Earth and I want to see the "oh god, you guys are so backwards" shit he has to go through. Although I'm surprised Thor didn't rainbow bridge him back to a planet or back to the Ravagers.

And is that Thor in Thano's farming hut?
    rainbow bridge is buggered.

Heimdall used his dying breath to send hulk back, no more magic bridge