Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

I'm sure Disney won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    We won’t have another movie like this for awhile.
    I do wonder how the future of Marvel will play out, since I'm sure Disney will WANT another movie with numbers like this as soon as possible. Spiderman has maybe 1 more movie barring renegotiation, right? What characters do they have with charisma enough to lead a new Avengers?

GotG has done well, but it's a different animal, and I don't think they'll focus on it and try to make it the new Avengers. I like Antman & Wasp, but can't see them leading much, nor Captain Marvel or Doc Strange, I'm not sure what their plans are with Hulk.

So we have Black Panther, who I think could lead a team, but has Wakanda, so I don't see him heading off to NY to fight crime or whatever. Vision & Scarlet Witch are great followers, but can't see them leading either.

It probably belongs more in the Marvel thread than here, but I'm just not sure who else will lead to the next Endgame, whatever mega-event that might be. No immediate Xmen plans, so that's a long way off.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I meant like in cinema history. Avatar was it's predecessor then Titanic. With such big money going towards and back to these movies and all these expectations blown it's a wonder what, how and whom will beat Endgame in the next decade?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

this movie is very good movie
    Last edited by vivekdobriyal; 2019-05-31 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    GotG has done well, but it's a different animal, and I don't think they'll focus on it and try to make it the new Avengers. I like Antman & Wasp, but can't see them leading much, nor Captain Marvel or Doc Strange, I'm not sure what their plans are with Hulk.
    I could see Dr Strange fit this role tbh. Actually I'd prefer this over Marvel, Black Panther or any other. Not only he has the legitimacy for this (in terms of power level if they ever bring out "bigger threats"), but he is also charismatic enough and probably one of the smartest out there.
    He doesn't have the Time Stone to protect anymore, and I think Wong can/will take care of New York's Sanctum.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I could see Dr Strange fit this role tbh. Actually I'd prefer this over Marvel, Black Panther or any other. Not only he has the legitimacy for this (in terms of power level if they ever bring out "bigger threats"), but he is also charismatic enough and probably one of the smartest out there.
    He doesn't have the Time Stone to protect anymore, and I think Wong can/will take care of New York's Sanctum.
    Depends if Cumberbatch can attach himself to the role for the next 7-10 years, which will mean multiple movie shootings, both as standalone and group films. I also see a problem with the nature of his powers. With the exception of Thor, the Avengers were children of technology. Being a master of Mystic arts, with not so available knowledge at hands, doesn't look like an interesting leader.
    /spit@Blizzard

I meant like in cinema history. Avatar was it's predecessor then Titanic. With such big money going towards and back to these movies and all these expectations blown it's a wonder what, how and whom will beat Endgame in the next decade?
    Sure, I can see that. I do think Disney is looking for it though, and if it has to be Avengers: Secret War vs Na'vi of Pandora or Star Wars 15: Luke vs Deadpool, I'm sure they'll be dumping stuff into the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Depends if Cumberbatch can attach himself to the role for the next 7-10 years, which will mean multiple movie shootings, both as standalone and group films. I also see a problem with the nature of his powers. With the exception of Thor, the Avengers were children of technology. Being a master of Mystic arts, with not so available knowledge at hands, doesn't look like an interesting leader.
    Next generation will definitely stray further from technology though. Strange and Marvel are the two most powerful and they don't need anything. Black Panther and Spider-man will be there for fan service but not much more.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Next generation will definitely stray further from technology though. Strange and Marvel are the two most powerful and they don't need anything. Black Panther and Spider-man will be there for fan service but not much more.
    Oh, i do not disagree. I just wonder whether those heroes with mystic (not based on science) powers will be attractive enough for the mass audience. Maybe yes, maybe no.
    /spit@Blizzard

Had they not screwed over the God of Thunder for lame ass shit, he'd rank with Strange:

I do wonder how the future of Marvel will play out, since I'm sure Disney will WANT another movie with numbers like this as soon as possible. Spiderman has maybe 1 more movie barring renegotiation, right? What characters do they have with charisma enough to lead a new Avengers?

So we have Black Panther, who I think could lead a team, but has Wakanda, so I don't see him heading off to NY to fight crime or whatever. Vision & Scarlet Witch are great followers, but can't see them leading either.

It probably belongs more in the Marvel thread than here, but I'm just not sure who else will lead to the next Endgame, whatever mega-event that might be. No immediate Xmen plans, so that's a long way off.
    Now that Disney have the rights to Deadpool, and the X-Men and Fantastic Four. You could see X-Men flip into Avengers movies or vice versa.

With the time travel thing with End Game you have alternate timelines you could go down as well. (Thought I cringe at these).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Oh, i do not disagree. I just wonder whether those heroes with mystic (not based on science) powers will be attractive enough for the mass audience. Maybe yes, maybe no.
    We're getting mutants and people love mutants. I can see how 'superpowers' might be hard to work into the MCU because we've mostly been without them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney doesn't double down on mutants being ostracized as a way to make them 'acceptable' for the MCU. Make the viewer feel bad for the mutants instead focusing on their powers. See Thor and Scarlet Witch. Thor wasn't ostracized but he always struggled with reconciling his godhood with his humanity. Scarlet Witch has always been an outcast.

I just finished season 2 of Legion. I hope they leave him in that universe and give the show a good ending or give him the Netflix treatment (but on Hulu/FX) where his part of the universe but not in the movies.

Edit: Googled Legion right after posting this. Looks like the 3rd season is the last one.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-06-01 at 03:02 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    We're getting mutants and people love mutants. I can see how 'superpowers' might be hard to work into the MCU because we've mostly been without them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney doesn't double down on mutants being ostracized as a way to make them 'acceptable' for the MCU. Make the viewer feel bad for the mutants instead focusing on their powers. See Thor and Scarlet Witch. Thor wasn't ostracized but he always struggled with reconciling his godhood with his humanity. Scarlet Witch has always been an outcast.

I just finished season 2 of Legion. I hope they leave him in that universe and give the show a good ending or give him the Netflix treatment (but on Hulu/FX) where his part of the universe but not in the movies.

Edit: Googled Legion right after posting this. Looks like the 3rd season is the last one.
    Mutants are within the perception of "natural". They have abilities imbued in their genetic code. They are different than humans, yet still humans. Once we understand their nature, we accept it as reality. You can relate and accept (eventually) the difference. I'll never run as fast as Usain Bolt, but i don't consider him superhuman. He does something any human can do, but faster than all of us. Not the best of analogies (almost all humans can run, almost noone [?] can mind control), but i hope you understand the core and train of my thought.

Mysticism, on the other hand, is something not easily understandable. And what we tend to not understand, we usually not relate to it. That's why i believe Superheroes like Dr.Strange will not be a successful team leader for the MCU audience (despite being a normal human who studied his powers). Captain Marvel became TOO strong, too fast (judging by her appearance in the movies) without decent development yet. The comparison to Thor showcases this. True, Thor had more movies to be developed, but his power growing is more natural than the instabuff Marvel gets in MCU.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2019-06-01 at 10:52 AM.
    /spit@Blizzard

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vivekdobriyal View Post
    this movie is very good movie
    Really? because u guys judge it by it intertwining itself with the other movies, it time-travels nostalgia into...but, if you were to judge it without that, as a stand-alone movie. How good is it then, huh? huh? huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Really? because u guys judge it by it intertwining itself with the other movies, it time-travels nostalgia into...but, if you were to judge it without that, as a stand-alone movie. How good is it then, huh? huh? huh?
    Well thats the thing.

As the end of a 10 year arc its a good film.

As a standalone.......its got some big big issues.

I personally blame it on the Russo brothers not having a break after infinity war. The films are MAD work for the directors, Even with two of them it was still too much.

They should have taken a break and come back to it fresh, even if that ment waiting longer.

The russo brothers are amazing directors and Marvel's cast is insane. Theres pretty much 0 dead weight actors so you can do whatever you like as a director.

I think fatigue made it ok for them to hand wave the time travel stuff and cap ending etc

Also the films edit was no where near as smooth as infinity war and thats reflected in the mad run time
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-06-02 at 07:21 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Was there ever an endgame soundtrack on vinyl? Cuz I can't find it, going to buy the infinity war one, it looks amazing

We won’t have another movie like this for awhile.
    I doubt we ever will have something like this. over 20 movies building up to climax in one, I doubt I ever will see something like that in my lifetime again.

Current marvel contracts:

Brie Larson: 5 films left (signed a 7 picture contract instead of the standard 6)
    Mark Ruffalo: 2
    Scarlett Johanson: unknown (but a solo Black Widow film is in the works)
    Jeremy Renner: 1
    Paul Bettany: unknown
    Anthony Mackie (Falcon): 1
    Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier): 3
    Elizabeth Olsen (scarlet witch): unknown
    Tom Holland: 3
    Chadwick Boseman: 1
    Paul Rudd: 1
    Benedict Cumberbatch: 3
    Chris Pratt: 1 (although has publicly said he would sign on for more)
    Chris Hemsworth: 0 (although has publicly said he would sign on for more)
    Everyone else: 0 or unknown and no comments about doing more films

It seems pretty clear the new tentpole franchise is Captain Marvel.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It seems pretty clear the new tentpole franchise is Captain Marvel.
    I think there is something to her being a newer actor rather than just her being the new tentpole, though it could be that she is "that important". She's had 2 movies, so 9 total vs Boseman having 4 movies, so 5 total. Wonder if that was his decision or theirs.

The main thing I'm really curious about is Spiderman (not Holland, but the actual character) since apparently the original Sony deal was 2-3 solo movies and 3 guest stars.

65M to go..
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."