Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 48 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While there's no end credits scene, the credits were good enough.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    but you would have to return gamora for it to make sense, otherwise they create a split universe with gamora gone like how the bald lady from dr strange showed talking to hulk
    Why would you have to return her. She isn't from that dimension. She hitched a ride with Thanos, and now she is so many years in the future and decided to book it with Nebula

Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    Why would you have to return her. She isn't from that dimension. She hitched a ride with Thanos, and now she is so many years in the future and decided to book it with Nebula
    i dont want to go over this over and over. Theres clear problems with taking out a guardian from their timeline and fast forwarding them into a new timeline with no repercussions on the timeline they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    And by the Ancient One's rules Steve could not have gone back to the actual MCU timeline's past, he should have been in a different branch of the timeline. The only possible way there could be an Old Steve in the MCU timeline due to time travel is if he is the product of another timeline returning the MCU's Infinity Stones to their correct place. If this is the case then it would also mean that the Thanos of the normal MCU timeline should already know the futility of his quest because he's already failed to fight the future and been snapped back to his correct temporal position.
    Unless that was the predetermined result that had already taken place in timeline a. The only way for timeline A to exist is if he went to the past to Marry Peggy. Otherwise it is no longer timeline A. Or think of it this way, the only way he creates another timeline, is if he decides NOT to go back, then it from from timeline A1 to timeline, A2.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont want to go over this over and over. Theres clear problems with taking out a guardian from their timeline and fast forwarding them into a new timeline with no repercussions on the timeline they leave.
    Oh there is reprecussions, who knows marvel might make a movie about it eventually=D

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeahhh, see this is the problem with time travel its so so tricky to write. It also kind of invalidates future convict because why not just time travel again when you lose.

Although I do like the Idea of Star Lord coming too after being knocked out and carrying on as normal like nothing happened. But he would never meet gamora and he probably still would get captured by groot and rocket but what does that mean for when hes in prison without gamora because sticking up for her means he meets drax!

*head explodes*
    What they did was introduce the multi-verse. The proper Marvel multi-verse and I think its more than fan service. I believe they are going to use as a plot device in upcoming movies. It could definitely help now that they've (Disney) has an acquired all the heroes who were part of Fox.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

You can even spell them out. Without Gamora, the Guardians don't form, Quill sells the Power stone to the highest bidder, Ronan decimates... the planet from GotG1, and probably moves on to others after that, and ultimatly, Ego consumes Quill or whatever and ends life as we know it in the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont be that guy.

"its a superhero film just open your mouth and dribble at the people flying around"

Superhero genre is like any other story telling medium, in fact its a writers paradise because you can literally do anything you just need to be consistent within your internal rules.

And time travel is a tricky subject to write in no matter what sub text if its superhero genre or a western sci fi twist.

Flash point is a good story involving time travel because its clearly a separate universe and they just have fun with it, change up the characters and do whatever then reset it back to normal at the end.
    Of course, a movie should follow its own rules. This movie has its moments where you have to suspend belief, in terms of its rules. I could fire off a bunch right now. None of that took me out of the movie, though.

And by the Ancient One's rules Steve could not have gone back to the actual MCU timeline's past, he should have been in a different branch of the timeline. The only possible way there could be an Old Steve in the MCU timeline due to time travel is if he is the product of another timeline returning the MCU's Infinity Stones to their correct place. If this is the case then it would also mean that the Thanos of the normal MCU timeline should already know the futility of his quest because he's already failed to fight the future and been snapped back to his correct temporal position.

Wouldn't it be possible, that he stayed in the separate time line until Peggy dies and then uses the suit to return to the same date and travel normaly to the final location? I think this would be the most rational explanation which keeps the logic intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You can even spell them out. Without Gamora, the Guardians don't form, Quill sells the Power stone to the highest bidder, Ronan decimates... the planet from GotG1, and probably moves on to others after that, and ultimatly, Ego consumes Quill or whatever and ends life as we know it in the universe.

I have huge respect for the Russo brothers. Winter solider, civil war, infinity war, end game. Pretty much all the best marvel movies except Ironman 1 and guardians 1 has been them

But they honestly needed a holiday after infinity war, back to back films would have been grueling.

Joss Whedon was broken with only 1 film with age of ultron.

Unless that was the predetermined result that had already taken place in timeline a. The only way for timeline A to exist is if he went to the past to Marry Peggy. Otherwise it is no longer timeline A. Or think of it this way, the only way he creates another timeline, is if he decides NOT to go back, then it from from timeline A1 to timeline, A2.
    That's not how multiverse time travel works: if the main timeline had a Steve that lived a full life with Peggy he could not have been the future version of the original timeline's Steve, that straight up violates their explanation of time travel. There has to have been an original flow of time where timey-wimey things didn't go down, the very existence of any anachronistic object means that the timeline is a branch.

Oh there is reprecussions, who knows marvel might make a movie about it eventually=D
    Like shitting all over two movies worth of character development, that's gonna be fun for James Gunn to fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post

Wouldn't it be possible, that he stayed in the separate time line until Peggy dies and then uses the suit to return to the same date and travel normaly to the final location? I think this would be the most rational explanation which keeps the logic intact.
    I think the pad is required to return to your correct non-branched timeline, going forward from when Peggy dies in the branched timeline would have resulted in him going to the future where either: Tony's snap killed Thanos and all his minions or Tony's snap sent Thanos and all his minions back where they belonged and Thanos now armed with his knowledge of futility is forced to change his plan to "save the universe".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8w95xIdH4o

Seriously guys...it's a comicbook movie.

Get the fuck over it, and enjoy the ride.

That's not how multiverse time travel works: if the main timeline had a Steve that lived a full life with Peggy he could not have been the future version of the original timeline's Steve, that straight up violates their explanation of time travel. There has to have been an original flow of time where timey-wimey things didn't go down, the very existence of any anachronistic object means that the timeline is a branch.

Like shitting all over two movies worth of character development, that's gonna be fun for James Gunn to fix.

Actually it does work that way. Captain always was meant to travel to the past. He can't change the past and he didn't because he was always in this timeline going to go into the past and marry Peggy. That has always existed in this timeline. No possible way to change it. Now Steve could decide to to go to the past and stay with peggy that would be like a timeline a2 if they used the stone to do something different. The timeline we see him in which is timeline A1 is the timeline he decided to go to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post

Considering that Bruce says "as long as he wants" when referring to how long it would take yeah I think this would work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very good movie! Just makes me wonder what could be next that would be even more epic, or as epic. Everything seems to pale in comparison. Then again, I'm not really familiar on what bad guys remain.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I think the pad is required to return to your correct non-branched timeline, going forward from when Peggy dies in the branched timeline would have resulted in him going to the future where either: Tony's snap killed Thanos and all his minions or Tony's snap sent Thanos and all his minions back where they belonged and Thanos now armed with his knowledge of futility is forced to change his plan to "save the universe".
    I don't think there would be a universe where time travel doesn't exist in some form or another. MCU is technically still part of the Marvel multiverse. All universe part of the multiverse have its own version of the gems. Wouldn't that mean time travel could exist in all of them?

Actually it does work that way. Captain always was meant to travel to the past. He can't change the past and he didn't because he was always in this timeline going to go into the past and marry Peggy. That has always existed in this timeline. No possible way to change it. Now Steve could decide to to go to the past and stay with peggy that would be like a timeline a2 if they used the stone to do something different. The timeline we see him in which is timeline A1 is the timeline he decided to go to the past.

If you subscribe to the rules you're claiming to follow then it means Steve allowed this all to happen in the first place for his own happiness, that his presence is not disruptive to the timeline, he could have stopped all the bad things that happened due to his foreknowledge and just willfully chose not to.

You cannot be "always meant to time travel to the past". You do not have backwards time travel without creating a branch. They weren't even returning the stones to their own timeline, they were returning the stones to the branch(es) of reality they created so as not to fuck over everyone that existed in that branch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't think there would be a universe where time travel doesn't exist in some form or another. MCU is technically still part of the Marvel multiverse. All universe part of the multiverse have its own version of the gems. Wouldn't that mean time travel could exist in all of them?
    I'm not saying there's a universe that time travel doesn't exist. I'm saying there exists a timeline where the correct flow of time wasn't fucked with. Any time backwards time travel happens it means a new branch of the timeline was created at the destination point of the time travel, but there should exist the "pure" timeline that never had someone from the future show up in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to the midnight showing.

When Cap caught the hammer, a collective gasp went out in the cinema, and half the audience applauded from the sheer epicness of the moment. I've never seen this happen with a British audience. People were so invested.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

I was delighted that they returned Thanos's slave army so that Stark could commit genocide on them again.

They did explain why Black widow and OG Gamora didnt come back. It was just subtle, Hawkeye mentioned she CANT come back cause the red ghost guy (red skull) said they couldnt. Even then, when Hulk snapped everyone back to existence, he said at the very end before Captain America went to the past, he tried to bring Black widow back too, he really tried, but it didnt work. Creating the soul stone is permanent death for the sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Nice try (cinema staff came in and said there isn't one - so ppl left early. If there actually was one, somebody needs to die )
    Stayed till the very end even though I was told there wasn't anything, but wanted to make the most of the event and stay till they kicked us out of the screen lol.

But yeah, there's 100% nothing
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!