Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Next tuning pass for mages?

What are your predictions, I think Arcane will get nurfed like all hell. Comet Storm will probably get nurfed, frostbolt might get a buff. And I hope fire gets buffed all over.

Nerfed? All mage specs are far below the good specs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=90

Clear haves and have nots. All mage specs need buffs.

im not sure where youre getting your predictions but they arent based on any reality. all mages specs are mediocre in raids, and the only reason frost is any good in m+ is because of comet storm. arcane also already got nerfed because they killed arcane pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    What are your predictions, I think Arcane will get nurfed like all hell. Comet Storm will probably get nurfed, frostbolt might get a buff. And I hope fire gets buffed all over.
    Here are my hopes.

Buff arcane.

Arcane Construct - conjures an arcane construct that acts as a turret to fire at ones enemies

Arcane Barrier - Conjures a barrier of arcane energy that pushes enemy melee back if they try to cross

Buff Frost.

Frost Caltrops - Mage conjures a nova of caltrops on the ground of sharp frost shards that cause bleed damage to any enemy that crosses them, removes stealth

Frost Cage - Places a cage around the target that lasts for 10s or until enough damage is done to the cage to destroy it. Hunter Pets damage to cage reduced by 50%

Nerf Fire! By removing it and replacing it with... CHRONOMANCY !!!!!

go big or go home guys
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Tuning pass at the end of the week I believe. Surprised there isn't at least one good mage spec, usually hunters and mages are always good in terms of ranged. feral, elemental, spriest, moonkin in their customary places at bottom where there will receive 2 or 3 tuning passes before they become good. I hate how blizzard passes shit ass buffs, they need to be more aggressive with their tuning if we're to take them seriously. They already gave feral druid 2 buff hotfixes and people laughed their asses off.

Yeah, if they could just revert Arcane Missiles back to how it was before the expansion that would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    im not sure where youre getting your predictions but they arent based on any reality. all mages specs are mediocre in raids, and the only reason frost is any good in m+ is because of comet storm. arcane also already got nerfed because they killed arcane pressure.
    Well I'll admit I hadn't seen the most recent parses from Uldir, my predictions are based on personal experiences. Perhaps Arcane is mostly good in PvP rather than PvE, that disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Nerfed? All mage specs are far below the good specs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=90

More likely we'll see the top specs nerfed and maybe fire buffed
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2018-09-06 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    I think mage is pretty fine where it is honestly. Fire needs buffs, that's about it. There are other specs out there *cough* rogues *cough* that needs severe nerfing.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way frost is getting nerfed. Doing some burst aoe with CmS doesn't make the spec op.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Legion was almost the same.... Outlaw started super strong and was nerfed to medicore for the rest of the expac.. Shadow has a perfomance curve like bitcoins.

Also Elemental was the thrash monster in Legion and that hasn't been changed until the end of Legion. So most likely Frost AOE will stay that way and have it a bit ower on ST. That's how Blizzards likes it. Arcane is somewhat in the middle and by it's performance index is more likely to be buffed than nerfed.

Fire ist in a hopeless state currentl and it will get buffed sooner or later. Sometimes devs also wait it out a bit to see how classes develop with higher item level...

10+ Year Old Account

So what makes you think Blizz won't end up nerfing Mages

Most likely, blizz will just look at overall statitics and draw compeltly flase conclusions from that just as they did in Legion. Case in point, firemages in emerald nightmare being nerfed...

My guess is that all classes that are used to do mechanics (liek running with orb on ghuun) will be buffed because it makes them look bad on statistics.
    So i think we can look forward to increased singletarget dmg for all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Most likely, blizz will just look at overall statitics and draw compeltly flase conclusions from that just as they did in Legion. Case in point, firemages in emerald nightmare being nerfed...

My guess is that all classes that are used to do mechanics (liek running with orb on ghuun) will be buffed because it makes them look bad on statistics.
    I mean, mage doesn't touch the top specs on any fight in the instance.

Deleted
    We really need a buff , as a dps class we should have got more damage than many other classes . Also having less cc than other classes with less damage done from them doesnt make sense to me . (im not saying frost and arcane aren't good , they slightly need a small buff )

Deleted

Arcane and frost will be buffed, fire will be nerfed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    So what makes you think Blizz won't end up nerfing Mages
    I think he must be new

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

If that's the case then we will be buffed, because all statistics say we are bottom Tier (fire) or middle of the pack (frost/arcane). So nothing to worry.

They may buff fire. I doubt they buff arcane or frost to any great extent right now.

My hope wouldn't be for simple coefficient buff for frost but some help with haste, even though I know it won't come. We already pay a haste penalty generating icicles to pay for GSpike, but my cast is 2.7 seconds with 12% haste and I feel like its a bit long.

Deleted
    Considering it looked mostly the same in Antorus and all they did was fix a bug (ignite bug fire), which ended up as significant nerf (wasn't compensated for some time) I would guess based on the data we have so far, that all three mage specs are in for some nerfs in one form or another.

If they finally managed to hire some people, who are able to read numbers we might get some smalls buffs (though significant buffs would be called for when it comes to PvE especially for fire), but I am not really optimistic so far.
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2018-09-06 at 04:51 PM.

I really wish fire to be just average and will be happy about it. The spec is complete garbage right now and does less dps than some tanks on trash. Really pathetic.