Thread: Prot Buffs

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Prot Buffs

Well boys, it looks like the devs are looking at buffing prot in the next few weeks. What buffs do you think they have in mind?

I anticipate;

-25% buff to ignore pain via either a larger absorb or a lower rage cost.
    -buff to devastator to generate rage
    -buff to Vanguard to increase stamina by 40% instead of 35%
    -removal of ignore pain from the GCD

I also expect a nerf to Unstoppable Force. Damage dealt by TC increased by 50% instead of 100%

I'm not so much looking for a wish list but how do you think Blizz will buff prot?

They will not remove anything from the GCD. I'm pretty sure blizzard is taking a firm stance on that. Though I would really fucking like if they did.

Deleted
    Just reducing the gcd like monks have on expel harm would help trendemously

change rage gen to what it was pre-bfa would be fucking fantastic. i don't like taking several unmitigated hits in a row and have no rage until my SS comes off cd feels awful. maybe even taking free revenge off the gcd so i dont accidentally spend rage trying to get the damage/SS cd reset in. it may be a l2play issue, but some slacking the skill floor might be helpful, because right now i basically have to play perfect to be on par with my pally co-tank.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Acog View Post
    They will not remove anything from the GCD. I'm pretty sure blizzard is taking a firm stance on that. Though I would really fucking like if they did.
    I've always been a bit of a conspiracy theorist so with that said I think that Blizz wanted to take abilities off the GCD to reduce the usage of macros, their explanation about choices is bullshit. There is a significant rage cost to use IP so you cant really just macro it to another button. I remain hopeful for that reason.

Deleted
    they wont change talents or abilities, just slap on a couple % modifiers here and there. anything more then that is too big for a balance hotfix and will have to wait till 8.1. most of all they will probably pull the good old "we want to be conservative and not overbuff so nobody will feel like they have to reroll" so don't get your hopes up.

Deleted
    source?
    /10chars

I know this is a prot warrior post ! but wait till you see the new arms warrior pvp nerfs that comes this monday oh yeah ! if you have heart isses dont go to wowhead

Deleted
    thank you

I expect ignore pain to be on the GCD still. All I hope for at this point is Ignore Pain is stackable so in raid we can prepare during tank swap, before big hits or at the end of the pack in mythic+ to prepare for the next pack. Making ignore pain scales better would also be great. If either of these happen, I'm content. The nerf to AoE damage sounds very likely as well. While it's really fun to see your number on the damage meter, I would rather be taking less damage during boss fight like a tank At this point, Blizzard testing has been such a mess and they are still actively conceal their intention for the class design, we can't expect any meaningful change. Number shifting would be the most realistic expectation for now.

They removed crit block.

Deleted
    From blue posts it sound like warriors will potentially fixed some time in future when blue say this.
    Regarding this upcoming tuning pass, I wouldn't expect it to be something that solves every Prot Warrior grievance, but it should hopefully help while we look into potential further adjustments.
    I wouldn't expect much so if you want to play high level m+ just roll dk or if you prefer raid tanking then monk.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtt View Post
    They removed crit block.
    There's no way its actually being removed. Unless they're reworking the mastery entirely. Those data-mined changes are clearly not finished being filled out.

What I'm hoping for is 2-3 seconds off the CD of shield block and rework of ignore pain. The block thing alone would basically solve all the issues I have, which is extended periods of tanking.

For ignore pain, maybe work it into revenge, remove the free cast and have it just be a CD reset. Adjust the rage cost/cd to compensate for the uptime.

15+ Year Old Account

Datamined from PTR.

But nah we don't need buffs. Scaling is too good already from the gear.

Honestly my #1 hope would be taking IP off gcd, but it probably won't happen. It feels insanely clunky to have to choose between generating rage or spending rage on a defensive ability in the same gcd. I don't mind having to choose between generating rage or spending rage on a damaging ability, but when you use a gcd to put a full IP up with shield block and the whole IP gets chewed through in 1 hit, that feels bad. Wouldn't mind it as much if I didn't have to use a global just to put it up.

Deleted
    Taking IP off the GCD and increasing the absorb amount (making it scale better) would be a huge on its own that may fix our issues. None of the buffs are on the PTR yet as Blizzard mentioned it will take a week or two. Any datamined stuff is already in the game right now (primarily just tooltip fixes).

15+ Year Old Account
    IP off the GCD and/or increasing the absorb amount would make us OP. Making that an issue in itself for our class, which is NOT whats needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    IP off the GCD and/or increasing the absorb amount would make us OP. Making that an issue in itself for our class, which is NOT whats needed.
    Are you suggesting Prot Warriors are completely fine now and it's a L2P issue instead? That's the vibe I get from your posts (mind you, for LFR content and low level keys we are completely fine, I agree with you there.).

Let's suppose that is indeed what you mean, why did you think Blizzard mentioned the need for some buffs then?
    Last edited by mmoc368da16e88; 2018-09-23 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangdingow View Post
    Well boys, it looks like the devs are looking at buffing prot in the next few weeks. What buffs do you think they have in mind?

I anticipate;

-25% buff to ignore pain via either a larger absorb or a lower rage cost.
    -buff to devastator to generate rage
    -buff to Vanguard to increase stamina by 40% instead of 35%
    -removal of ignore pain from the GCD

I also expect a nerf to Unstoppable Force. Damage dealt by TC increased by 50% instead of 100%

I'm not so much looking for a wish list but how do you think Blizz will buff prot?
    This would still make us pretty shit in high keys, vs dks and dhs pulling 35k hps on teeming pulls.
    I feel prot is just destined to be a dumpster spec forever now.