Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

8.1 Destro buffs

what do you think about shadowbolt return to destruction lock?

Been begging for it since Wrath. Not going to happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by endlessking View Post
    Dnno what role you'd imagine for it. Just adding shadowbolt seems pretty pointless especially when there's so much stuff you could add that makes more sense: Baseline coil, howl or shadowflame. Fel flame for mobility. Baseline shadowburn execute. Curses? So many things that could make us more versatile and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Dnno what role you'd imagine for it. Just adding shadowbolt seems pretty pointless especially when there's so much stuff you could add that makes more sense: Baseline coil, howl or shadowflame. Fel flame for mobility. Baseline shadowburn execute. Curses? So many things that could make us more versatile and fun.
    Fun really isn't a part of Blizzard's m.o.

destro hasn't been shadow-based for a while now, i'd be happy if they just made demo's SB hit hard again without a fucking PVP talent.
    otherwise, "bring back MoP" might as well be my signature.

we never did get SB volley.
    Last edited by Malikath; 2018-10-07 at 07:02 PM.

I very much doubt it's actually coming back to Destro (though yes I am aware it is in the 8.1 patch notes). Locks have Shadow Bolt from level 1 and then if they pick Destro at level 10 they lose it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    I very much doubt it's actually coming back to Destro (though yes I am aware it is in the 8.1 patch notes). Locks have Shadow Bolt from level 1 and then if they pick Destro at level 10 they lose it.
    yeah thats why i asked it says that it returns

If Shadow Bolt is in Destruction's datamining, it's either one of two things: the level 1 ability that you have before it gets replaced by Incinerate, or the ability that is visible in the greyed out tabs of the other specs in the spellbook.

This happens literally every PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sacrifice back to what it was in WoD.

And no, no Shadowburn - I totally don't wish to be balanced around the faulty assumption we get shitton of shards each fight.

Aside from that, Destro won't get buffs, because it does not need *buffs*. It can use some talents balancing and that's about it at this point.

Heck, I hope they won't nerf it, because it legit scales pretty hard now.

Deleted
    Sure but if they unprune one spec they need to do so for all specs of all classes, or destro would be OP.

yeah thats why i asked it says that it returns
    You have a link? I missed this.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Imagine blizzard putting resources into giving incinerate a new animation just to replace it with shadowbolt, not logical /never happening.

On a side note though I really wish they'd add some proc for destro, nothing rotation altering, just something like instant incinerate or something extra to do/ something to look forward to ( I'd say the same about nightfall for affliction being baseline), rotations feel so dull and flavorless ( not that the prior changes would fix any of that but give us something dammit).

I fucking hate incinerate’s animation. That swerve shit is pathetic af

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I fucking hate incinerate’s animation. That swerve shit is pathetic af
    You're right they could fix this by increasing the scale size of the spell however, then itd look much more impactful

Don't really think our weakest filler ability needs to be that impactful.

This animation also looks ridiculously cool when you have FnB... only if there were a reason to ever take FnB...

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You have a link? I missed this.
    Shadowbolt shows up all the time in PTR datamining because it turns into Incin for Destro; it's not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    If Shadow Bolt is in Destruction's datamining, it's either one of two things: the level 1 ability that you have before it gets replaced by Incinerate, or the ability that is visible in the greyed out tabs of the other specs in the spellbook.

This happens literally every PTR.
    And this discussion happens everytime some datamining is released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Imagine blizzard putting resources into giving incinerate a new animation just to replace it with shadowbolt, not logical /never happening.

On a side note though I really wish they'd add some proc for destro, nothing rotation altering, just something like instant incinerate or something extra to do/ something to look forward to ( I'd say the same about nightfall for affliction being baseline), rotations feel so dull and flavorless ( not that the prior changes would fix any of that but give us something dammit).
    I do wish Incinerate had some synergy with the rest of our kit aside from generating embers.

Our main spammable is a swerving flame. Why? What is the point of its appearance? What makes it different from a mage's Fireball? I know I'll never be satisfied with that, and that it is just there to be *different* but it has always bugged me.

Wouldn't hurt to give it a little synergistic flavour, such as... On cast has a chance equal to your mastery of reducing Conflag's CD by a second, or extends immolate, or every 3rd cast is instant, or something that is more than throwing fire at an enemy so you can cast something that actually has an impact later on.

Of course anything that is interesting you know blizz will just shove it in an azerite trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Shadowbolt shows up all the time in PTR datamining because it turns into Incin for Destro; it's not coming back.
    I know, I just didn't see it mentioned in anything. Quite possible I just automatically tuned it out because I'm used to it.

You don’t ask for much

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You don’t ask for much
    I meant out of all these things why ask for shadowbolt ;p