Weird Issues on MOTHER and Vectis as DH Tank

Hey all,

I figured I'd ask it here. This may boil down to "We are bad" but I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this issue. It has only been happening in our raid with our DH tanks and does not happen every single time. This is on heroic. These issues did not happen on Normal.

1) MOTHER: I tank the bloods and as soon as my first group goes into the first room, MOTHER immediately tries to run into the room and fight me like the boss tank lost all threat. I did not taunt and did not even hit MOTHER to test this. She will also occasionally try to do the same thing later on in that room, as well. There is no issues when moving to the third chamber.

2) Vectis: When I was tanking, Vectis would randomly turn and punch a melee in the face and kill them. He would then be right back on me. A couple seconds later would punch another melee in the face and back to me, regardless of whether I taunted or not. I thought maybe I was just abysmal (this is true) so I had one of our DH DPS try tanking and the same thing happened to him. It does not happen every pull but every few Vectis decides to randomly punch melee. No threat meters change. The health bar doesn't go purple to show threat loss (ElvUI). He just turns and 1 shots them. The issue does not happen to the DK tank.

These were just some weird things that were happening. Like I said, it may boil down to we suck, but was curious if anyone else had seen strange things like this happen in Uldir.

Thanks all

Deleted
    Not had either of those issues on normal or heroic. It would probably be helpful to post logs if you have them so people can take a look at what's happening.

Only things I've come across are the bloods on Mother somehow using fracture charges but not generating any pain or souls and when I try to use throw glaive on them quite often get some weird message about the target being obscured. I'm not actually quite sure how Blizzard has made them behave so strangely to be honest, done lots of add pickup duties in raids for years and never seen anything like it. Although I guess the adds on Maloriak randomly flying back up only to respawn a few seconds later comes close...

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    1) MOTHER: I tank the bloods and as soon as my first group goes into the first room, MOTHER immediately tries to run into the room and fight me like the boss tank lost all threat. I did not taunt and did not even hit MOTHER to test this. She will also occasionally try to do the same thing later on in that room, as well. There is no issues when moving to the third chamber.
    Same thing happend for me on Mythic MOTHER. Im the DH add tank, Paladin tanks the boss. When we stack up to transition into second room I get threat on the boss without touching it. I do not outthreat my co-tank, I don't taunt, I recieve no mds etc, paladin does not bubble, nothing. This happend on EVERY pull.
    Logs show no threat fluctuations, but it was clear there was an issue in-game. We got used to it so my co-tank taunted whenever it happend:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...23&type=threat
    Last edited by NoxxusKT; 2018-09-26 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    This is confusing as fuck, I've had it happen when I started tanking the boss as BrM and our pally ran into the other room, there was a taunt animation on the boss and everything but the logs show the pally didn't didn't taunt! So freaking weird (and no, she didn't have the ability that aoe taunts)

Ive seen the Mother thing you described happen as well. The off tank (a DK) and a healer were sent into room 2 about 10 seconds into pull. DK hadnt melee or used blood plague or anything on the boss and when the bloods spawn the boss aggros him and goes into the next room, no taunt or anything, and even despite the other tank (paladin) is taunting and using shield to pull her back she kept on latching onto the other one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this happen a few times last week in our guild's runs. I'd run in taunt Mother pop wings and go to town... and my DH OT that didn't do anything except Melee would get the aggro.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Our offtank couldnt attend yesterday raid and I went to cover him (Im havoc as main spec) and I had no issue at all on our progression (5/8 H). DH 360 ilvl on tank gear

Deleted
    The MOTHER bug occuredto us once as well. Our DK went to the first room and MOTHER was like "what a hot dude, ima follow him to the end of the world!" and screwed us

10+ Year Old Account
    Estrogen issues with her. What did you guys tell her before the raid started??

The issue on MOTHER seems to happen regardless of what tanks you have. The bear and monk tanks in my guild were having it happen on Mythic, and it seemed to occur the moment the flames went off. Our monk tank would just not even touch her at all before heading into the next room with group 1 and was still having MOTHER try to run in and attack him. So take heart in the fact that the place just has some wonky bugs going on, and it's probably not just you being bad or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    Regarding Fetid, you know that every fourth melee swing is a Terrible Thrash that hits the nearest target of the active tank for 300% therefore the two tanks need to be stacked so that the off-tank can soak the Thrashes and not some random melee.
    So maybe the melee was nearest and not the off-tank.
    considering he is talking about MOTHER and vectis im not sure where you got Fetid from

Can confirm the Mother threat bug happens to our DH tank as well on mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    considering he is talking about MOTHER and vectis im not sure where you got Fetid from
    Sorry, somehow misread the opening post...

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Not had either of those issues on normal or heroic. It would probably be helpful to post logs if you have them so people can take a look at what's happening.

Only things I've come across are the bloods on Mother somehow using fracture charges but not generating any pain or souls and when I try to use throw glaive on them quite often get some weird message about the target being obscured. I'm not actually quite sure how Blizzard has made them behave so strangely to be honest, done lots of add pickup duties in raids for years and never seen anything like it. Although I guess the adds on Maloriak randomly flying back up only to respawn a few seconds later comes close...
    Was having the same glaive issue as you did. Press glaive, get LoS error. Same thing with the capt merica shield on my paladin. Pally was on normal, veng was both norm and heroic.

Deleted
    you can't taunt through rooms. lmao novices.