Poll: What did you prefer

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

How do we go from too much content at the start of legion to non and all in BFA

How do we go from too much content at the start of legion to non at all in BFA

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you consider content. There's still technically content available as I doubt you've fully cleared mythic Uldir, nor have you collected every pet mount/achievement in the game. Content varies from person to person so technically there's always content since I doubt anyone has fully finished every aspect of this game.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Depends on what you consider content. There's still technically content available as I doubt you've fully cleared mythic Uldir, nor have you collected every pet mount/achievement in the game. Content varies from person to person so technically there's always content since I doubt anyone has fully finished every aspect of this game.
    You could also make the same argument about WoD if you start listing every thing there is to grind, but the question is; how many fun things are there to do?. This is subjective of course but the intangibles are often times the most important parts of what makes something fun and worth doing in a video game.

There's more content at the start of BfA, then there was at the start of Legion.

So this is another dumb thread. Good job OP!
    Last edited by ablib; 2018-09-23 at 04:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Sigh. Uldir is Uldir. The varying difficulties with minor tweaks in mechanics is not additional content.

Oh look, I added a handkerchief, so that means my suit is now a completely different suit. /facepalm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSnoopy View Post
    What did you have at start of legion?

Basically it is the same plus island expeditions and warfronts. And dont tell me timegated suramar with 10 min quests every few thousand of grinded rep were the big content. It was a nice addition but didnt last for long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Sigh. Uldir is Uldir. The varying difficulties with minor tweaks in mechanics is not additional content.

Oh look, I added a handkerchief, so that means my suit is now a completely different suit. /facepalm
    I see it more as mythic is like wearing the whole suit and doing lower difficulties is like wearing individual pieces of the suit like wearing the jacket but not wearing the shirt, pants, socks, belt, and shoes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

No it isnt. Mythic raiding is a different level. Actually everything below mythic was just added so that worse players can see the story. Until the end of BC you only had mythic difficulty.

I think he missed the memo that blizz were gonna pace the release of content instead of having so much front loaded content then have broken shore happen again.

Mythic uldir is just 7-9 hours a week..

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    One thing I've found weird is that I loved WQs in Legion, running them all the way up to the last day just as something to putter around doing ... and in BfA I loathe to do even one. I'm not sure what's changed other than no flying and they've somehow made them take longer and be more tedious than fun.
    I think a part of that was/is paragon chest. Most of the Legion WQ are like BfA ones, kill this rare, kill X dudes, collect X items. Once those are reintroduced you might find yourself WQ-ing again....or you’ll feel the same way, who knows.

Gutting WOD and a particularly long wait between WOD and Legion. Here they did not gut Legion and released BFA earlier, leading to less content and more bugs.

Also there is significantly less time gating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally prefer too much to do; anything I can't get to while that patch is current, I can knock out late in the expansion during the last-patch content lull. That being said, content-rich expansions like MoP and Legion still had their missteps (5.3 and 7.2, respectively) that ended up a bit content-light (5.3 due to time constraints leading to lots of related but side-story content like pushing the Kor'kron out of the Undercity and helping Rexxar in the Barrens being cut, 7.2 because they botched the timing and put in too many filler quests), so if BFA launch being a bit on the lean side means meaty content patches the whole way down, I can cope with that--I'm not thrilled, but I can cope. But if we get another WoD where a lean launch offering was followed by a patch with almost nothing to it, one lean content patch, and total abandonment to focus on the next expansion, that's going to be a big problem.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The premise of your thread is wrong. What content did you have in Legion that you didn't in BfA?

Because whenever people are asked this all they can usually say is Order Halls. Which seems more like an error in perception if anything. Order Halls were no doubt fun, but they didn't add 100s of hours of content like people's rose-tinted googles seem to recollect

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    How is there less content than Legion exactly? Im confused.
    There isn't

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The content is there. You just don't like it.

Island Expeditions, (sometimes) Warfront, World PvP achievs, etc. What was there at the start of Legion? Emissaries, and the hope that a cool Legendary would drop. Oh, and I couldn't properly play my off-specs. LOOK AT ALL THAT CONTENT

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    No it isnt. Mythic raiding is a different level. Actually everything below mythic was just added so that worse players can see the story. Until the end of BC you only had mythic difficulty.
    Yeah nah, raids had the difficulty curve inside of them at that point, only really the endbosses had the "mythic" difficulty mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    How is there less content than Legion exactly? Im confused.
    Because legendaries. They were extremely good for motivating people to play, and would be amazing to have again if only they were balanced/only utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I generally prefer too much to do; anything I can't get to while that patch is current, I can knock out late in the expansion during the last-patch content lull. That being said, content-rich expansions like MoP and Legion still had their missteps (5.3 and 7.2, respectively) that ended up a bit content-light (5.3 due to time constraints leading to lots of related but side-story content like pushing the Kor'kron out of the Undercity and helping Rexxar in the Barrens being cut, 7.2 because they botched the timing and put in too many filler quests), so if BFA launch being a bit on the lean side means meaty content patches the whole way down, I can cope with that--I'm not thrilled, but I can cope. But if we get another WoD where a lean launch offering was followed by a patch with almost nothing to it, one lean content patch, and total abandonment to focus on the next expansion, that's going to be a big problem.
    It appears 8.1 has quite a bit of content to come, two raids (one delayed a bit, which I think is very smart, even if it is only two bosses). Race quests, NPC character stories.

I always find things to do that don't feel like 'work'. Alts, mount hunting, transmog runs. And while it may be an affront to some players, I've been running both sides. My main side is Horde, I've been a Horde player since BC, minus a bit of a stint last expansion when my old guild washed up and I changed to play with a friend on the Blue side. Each faction has it's own content, their own stories. And I can tell you, each zone has a distinct flavour in it's questlines, look and lore. And for those interested, two more races to work towards. I did the Mag'har Orcs questline and it was fantastic, I can't wait to see the Dark Iron questline.

I'm especially interested in Saurfang, Vol'jin and Tyrande's questlines, as well as Blood Elf heritage armor.

Deleted
    M+ was much better in Legion. It dropped meaningful amounts of artifact power too, and getting artifact power actually meant you could upgrade your artifact. The chase of powerful traits was real. There is no real chase this time. M+ feels devoid in comparison, affixes feel more stressful/imbalanced because toolkits have become pruned even further, etc.

So yeah, you can say that there is similar amounts of content or even more, but it is not as meaningful... Which, to be honest, IN ESSENCE really means there is less content. Game developers know it best.

So in BFA there is just more waiting for the weekly chest and there is even less that is in player´s own control.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2018-09-23 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amathricus View Post
    I can't wait to see the Dark Iron questline.
    Other than a run through the supremely-unimpressive MOTHERLODE dungeon, the Dark Iron questline is a treat. Easily my favorite of the Alliance unlocks (though all three were fun so it's like, the cherry on top of a fudge sundae).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!