Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    as far as i can see on forums etc its the opposite a lot of people hate rastakhan and not actualy liking him ... hell after that Ion stream many players actualy begged the alliance to finally kill him ..and i have to say i don't like rastakhan as a character either he is just here for the bwonsandi deal otherwise he is pretty irrelevant
    I only saw one edgelord that begged alliance "to deal with him" and it was here on mmo-c forum.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

He let the blood infidels let loose on our lands, he deserves death. At least Blizz its getting him killed in an heroic way and not like Vol'Jin who got killed by a trashmob.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Dat mon gunna die.

He had a sword of Damocles hung up above that throne and when Talanji came into the story they cut the last string.
    However I would like Blizzard to really explore into his past, possibly as some form of Talanji's personal development. Because as of now Talanji is pretty bland and my Zandalari troll will be definately a follower out of necessity not because he wants to follow some priest pup. If he wanted to do follow a priest pup he could've joined the Alliance long ago.
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It was nice having a flawed but likable character (At least one that gets development) while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Dat mon gunna die.

He had a sword of Damocles hung up above that throne and when Talanji came into the story they cut the last string.
    However I would like Blizzard to really explore into his past, possibly as some form of Talanji's personal development. Because as of now Talanji is pretty bland and my Zandalari troll will be definately a follower out of necessity not because he wants to follow some priest pup. If he wanted to do follow a priest pup he could've joined the Alliance long ago.
    That is entire point of this thread. To postpone his death in order to explore him.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    He was never meant for greatness. An old fool who couldn't protect his people nor himself. An old coward who foolishly bent the knee to a god of death. Good riddance. He is not a true king, and he will never be a true king. I hope there is a special place waiting for him in the Void.
    "Lady alleria's cringe RP corner" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I'm writing this perhaps in vain but I have to give it a try.

A lot of people grown to like King Rastakhan and began to voice their protest of losing him early. He is flawed character but he still have lots to show and this is why possibility of losing him this soon will feel underwhelming and unsatisfying because for such an anticipated character (legendary ruler of Zandalar) much more should be done.

I know that since Rezan was disposed Rastakhan will eventually go to the Other Side to Bwonsamdi, but after all this trouble he went through I believe he should be given time to fix some of his matters before it happens. I know that you're setting up Talanji to be the next ruler but doing it this fast would make people backlash on her and blame her for replacing her father and I'm sure that was not your intention.

In order to avoid it, I'd suggest to make Rastakhan survive the raid and make him remain alive preferably til the end of expansion. This will not only be less predictable given the WoW story foreshadowing record but it would also provide more room for in-depth development. Give him time to show the wrath of Zandalari for assaulting his city, show him realizing that he should've put more trust in people that love him unconditionally - like his daughter rather than a councilor who had amazing gift but turned out to be untrustworthy.

Let him nominate Talanji to be in charge of the remaining fleet and orchestrate counter attack (so she will still have the active role), and join her later to share with her some remaining time and knowledge, it would be much more meaningful for him and for her. Show Talanji's love for her father, how she dreads losing him and her anger directed at people that wanted to take him away from her and for assaulting her home.
    This way she will lose this "strong woman leader that needs no man!" tag people accuse her of.
    Let them have a serious talk about Bwonsamdi being nominated to be prime loa of Zandalar now.

This would be much more satisfying writing because you'd allow further exploration of the character, letting us see how they change and grow. Seeing Rastakhan bonding more with Talanji as father and daughter would benefit both for them and make Talanji's ascension less forced.

How to handle it raid mechanic wide?
    - maybe at 5% let Rastakhan throw entire alliance party from top of pyramid with some Loa powers (like Pa'ku?)
    - make Talanji appear to save him or Rokhan - it would show Horde in less incompetent view.
    - Bwonsamdi opening a deathgate which would actually be a passage to safety. In the end Bwonsamdi appeared to like Rastakhan in last cinematic so I'm sure he would like to keep him for a bit longer even if it would be for sheer amusement.

That is up to your liberty, but Rastakhan should be with us for a bit longer.
    So, you want to address the writers of Blizzard on a non-official forum? Genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It was nice having a flawed but likable character (At least one that gets development) while it lasted.
    What is this heresy ? It must be purged.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    So, you want to address the writers of Blizzard on a non-official forum? Genius.
    They're reading mmo-c I also posted it via twitter and on eu forums.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

this is war people die. i have no problem with him dying.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

He gon' die along with Gelbin and it will be glorious!

They're reading mmo-c I also posted it via twitter and on eu forums.
    Rarely tbh.

Deleted
    I mean he's on borrowed time anyway and it's obvious that Talanji is his successor and that she's been in that seat since the expansion launch.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Rarely tbh.
    Still this forums have better moderation than the official ones, and have far less shitposters.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    I mean he's on borrowed time anyway and it's obvious that Talanji is his successor and that she's been in that seat since the expansion launch.
    I know this is why this is about postponing his death in order to develop him and his daughter more. Do people only read title of the thread?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    Hundereds of years old troll this dense. I say he had it coming.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

I know this is why this is about postponing his death in order to develop him and his daughter more. Do people only read title of the thread?
    no. he should die defending his kingdom like is already planned.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

You are a strange individual OP. You clearly adore the Zandalari, and yet you would keep a failure like Rastakhan on the throne? A fool who would have been the end of Zandalar if the Horde had not arrived in time, a fool who sold his family's soul to a nefarious Loa of Death? That is madness, why would you choose Rastakhan over his slightly more competent daughter, the Princess Talanji?

Unfortunately Rastakhan has no charms. He is just a weak-minded prick who cast his lot with dangerous dark powers that will soon ravage his soul. He clearly lacks the mental fortitude and stamina to restrain himself.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

No, down with Patriarchy! Princess wussername will be the new monarch!!

Seriously, Rasta'mon is a piss-poor loa-awful leader, a worse father, and serious levels of retard when it comes to critical thinking when it comes to his, and by extension, the Zandalari Empire's decisions. Having him get wasted would be a gift from the Alliance and it will make Bwonsamdi chuckle.