How to find out if I've earned enough CP for pvp chest?

So, I understand you need to "cap your CP" to get loot from the weekly chest... But what exactly does this mean?

For instance, I earned only 200 cp last week, this week I've earned a further 400... Which has gotten me the item reward.

Now, does getting the item reward count as capping, or do you need to earn a minimum of 500 cp? If it's the latter, then is there anything in that game to indicate how much CP you've earned this week?

10+ Year Old Account
    500 conquest and a single rated win and you're good for the week

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    500 conquest and a single rated win and you're good for the week
    You dont need a rated win of any kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    You dont need a rated win of any kind.
    I think you need a game, if you want to get a reward based on your rating, otherwise it shows this weeks rating as 0.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I think you need a game, if you want to get a reward based on your rating, otherwise it shows this weeks rating as 0.
    Which means you get the same iLevel reward as somone with the lowest ratings.

Deleted
    Which means you get the same iLevel reward as somone with the lowest ratings.
    Which means you won't get the reward for your rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still get the chest though, even if you have no rating at all, which is all the OP asked about.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

..you keep making the absurdly flawed assumption that these people have ratings of any kind. I max CP every week. You couldnt pay me to participate in the canerous sewage pile that is rated PvP.

You couldnt pay me to participate in the canerous sewage pile that is rated PvP.
    pvp is actually pretty good right now.

its better than any incarnation of legion pvp.

have fun keyboard turning and clicking your skills in LFR

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    pvp is actually pretty good right now.
    ... lolwut? Balance is completely fubar. Warriors hit 15-25k globals and Warlock DoTs hit for 800. Warlocks cant even be healed. Hunters were a trainwreck until a hotfix ago, and now are heading down to "useless".

PvP is a garbagefire.

its better than any incarnation of legion pvp.
    WHich doesn't make it good. Legion PvP was an abysmal total failure, so saying something is better than that is rather like saying "Well, herpes is better than HIV". Its a pretty low bar to clear.

have fun keyboard turning and clicking your skills in LFR
    ... so, because i dislike rated PvP (as, historically, has the VAST majority of the PvP playerbase) im a keyboard turner? 'kay.

Your reasoning skills leave a lot to be desired.

PvP is a garbagefire.

3/36 specs = GARABAGE FIRE

chill... do you actually play pvp? I have 1000+ games this season, its really not that bad. Most fun ive had in arena for a few xpacs.

i didnt say it was perfect, obv it isnt, its not supposed to be and never will, but its pretty good atm.

anyways you prob do 1 bg a week and then get killed in warmode doing turtle quests lol

15+ Year Old Account
    ...get killed in warmode doing turtle quests lol
    Epic comment...
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

3/36 specs = GARABAGE FIRE

chill... do you actually play pvp? I have 1000+ games this season, its really not that bad. Most fun ive had in arena for a few xpacs.
    You seem to have this problem recognizing that "PvP" doesn't mean "Arena". At no time in WoW's history has Arena ever been anything other than a side-show for PvP (or rated anything, really). Best it EVER did was 15% of the PvPing population at end-game. In one season. Most seasons it never cleared 10%. Most people who PvP, even people who PvP seriously, couldn't give a single solitary fuck about Arena.

And that's when ~48% of the entire max level player base did enough PvP to full outfit themselves in Conquest gear. Every Season.

i didnt say it was perfect, obv it isnt, its not supposed to be and never will, but its pretty good atm.
    No, it really isn't.

anyways you prob do 1 bg a week and then get killed in warmode doing turtle quests lol
    Why would i turn Shitmode on?

Anyways, nice attempt at an ad-hominem to distract from the fact that you have no point. I accept your concession that you're wrong.

This system is more confusing than the vendor system of picking the gear you want via earning CP. Trying to make it easier on new players in PVP but it is causing far more confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This system is more confusing than the vendor system of picking the gear you want via earning CP. Trying to make it easier on new players in PVP but it is causing far more confusion.
    Dude how is it confusing? You are always popping in these threads saying weird stuff like that. How could it be any easier:

1. Cap Conquest
    2. Get chest

Literally there is nothing to understand there, like if you find that confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by slalmon View Post
    Dude how is it confusing? You are always popping in these threads saying weird stuff like that. How could it be any easier:

1. Cap Conquest
    2. Get chesto

Literally there is nothing to understand there, like if you find that confusing...
    Because that will only get you the no-rating iLevel. If you want gear at your rating, youll have to play rated to establish a rating for that week.

You seem to have this problem recognizing that "PvP" doesn't mean "Arena". At no time in WoW's history has Arena ever been anything other than a side-show for PvP (or rated anything, really). Best it EVER did was 15% of the PvPing population at end-game. In one season. Most seasons it never cleared 10%. Most people who PvP, even people who PvP seriously, couldn't give a single solitary fuck about Arena.

And that's when ~48% of the entire max level player base did enough PvP to full outfit themselves in Conquest gear. Every Season.

No, it really isn't.

Why would i turn Shitmode on?

Anyways, nice attempt at an ad-hominem to distract from the fact that you have no point. I accept your concession that you're wrong.
    Source please?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Source please?
    Source of what?

And if you want the math behind the percentages of players, no, im NOT going to dig through the forum posts here where it was already discussed and proven out via math more than a dozen fucking times.

The actual data comes straight from the Armory, via achievement tracking, and the Blue posts that tell how many Gladiators there were in any given season (since it is a pyramidal ladder system, you can do the math and figure out EXACTLY how many people were on the ladder that season) - though that info is also available in the Armory (as they will have the Gladiator achievement for that season).