Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    That's how it worked on Nost, not how it worked on retail. Prior to TBC there was no riding skill, there were racial specific riding proficiencies, which cost 20g to train, which allowed you to use all mounts of your faction. Unarmored mounts were made unable to be purchased in 1.4, yes.
    ah my apologies, good spot sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I don't think you even know what your argument is anymore.
    - But at any rate, Nax was the only time (from what small amount I was active in raiding it) where I ever saw 40 people at once, and that was only a couple times. Show me many raids where there were 40 active, fully contributing people during a boss and I'll show you pictures of my dick (PM for more info).

I would wager this is what his responding to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I just came across a video on youtube explaining this item called Onyxia Scale Cloak and it made me realize even further why Vanilla was so awesome and i wanted to share with you guys

Onyxia Scale Cloak: Protects the wearer from being fully engulfed by Shadow Flame.

Basically this cloak is needed to fight Nefarian in Blackwing Lair otherwise you are one shotted by a boss mechanic that hits the entire raid.
    And how do you get it?
    Well, you need a leatherworker to craft it for the raid.
    You also need a skinner to skin Onyxia to make this cloak
    But you needed skinner profession to be at level 315...and the max was 300 at the time.
    So you needed 1 of 2 weapons that drop in raids that give +10 to skinning and an enchant to reach the 315 level needed to skin Onyxia.

LOL

So...to recap:
    -To beat Nefarian the raid needed this cloak on several people
    -To have the cloak you need a leatherworker
    -The leatherworker needed to skin Onyxia
    -To skin Onyxia you needed skinning at level 315
    -to have skinning at level 315 you needed 1 of 2 possible weapons who dropped in raids
    -To have access to this raids you needed to be attuned to them

-----------

It was the small things like this that made Vanilla in my opinion What do you guys think?

Props to MadSeasonShow's video where i got this information:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLrNaE5pNfI&t=3m16s
    so buy Scale of Onyxia from the auction with mining and herbalism then hire a leatherworker

https://www.wowhead.com/news=217993/...pdated-for-5-4
    this is harder to obtain
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    so buy Scale of Onyxia from the auction with mining and herbalism then hire a leatherworker

https://www.wowhead.com/news=217993/...pdated-for-5-4
    this is harder to obtain
    Gl finding that on AH, I'm pretty sure Classic is going to fix the throne as did most private servers.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    And what's the point of subscribing/playing if one cannot get at the content that is the biggest chunk once you hit max level?
    They can get at it. Buying the game guarantees them the chance to see any of the content in the game. It doesn't guarantee they will beat all that content. Just like any game ever made.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...So that people have to dedicate dozens of hours to meet the baseline requirement to do something?

A thing which, itself, if done correctly, was only yet ANOTHER piece of a much larger goal?

Most of us aren't 14 year olds in high school with enough time to do whatever we'd like anymore. There's a good reason nonsense like this doesn't exist anymore. You can't sell players on having to invest hundreds and hundreds of man hours into a video game anymore.
    Looks like you were wrong as a person can possibly be... Classic WoW is better than retail