Alliance Some help with Rotation/ DPS

Hi everyone, I just had a few questions. I have always topped DPS charts, but since I got back into playing my Rogue for some reason I can't seem to get it back up where it was. I'm assassination spec. I got booted from normal Uldir for "Not pulling my weight" not sure what the issue was I was top 5 in damage, but I won't lie it kinda bothered me. I have never been booted like that before. So i'll tell you what i'm doing and would be happy to take any criticisms you all have for me.

340 Ilvl

Rotation: Stealth, garrote,mutilate,rupture,(vendteta on single target), toxic blade on cool down, envenom, refresh garrote, vanish, rupture

AOE: i just fan of knives and apply bleeds to as many targets as i can

worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/moon-guard/Galadin

Thank you all for your time.

Deleted
    Stealth --> Garrote --> Vendetta + Trinket --> refresh Garrote --> Rupture (4CP) --> Mutilate --> Mutilate --> Toxic Blade (if talented)--> Envenom --> Normal rotation (when garrote is about to and (<4sec) use vanish and refresh)).

For AOE, start with fan of knives to apply poison on all targets and try to keep rupture (each with at least 3CP) on all targets (in this way you have a huge energy generation can u spend on main target with mutilate/envenom). Obv, apply garrote when it is available

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul90 View Post
    Stealth --> Garrote --> Vendetta + Trinket --> refresh Garrote --> Rupture (4CP) --> Mutilate --> Mutilate --> Toxic Blade (if talented)--> Envenom --> Normal rotation (when garrote is about to and (<4sec) use vanish and refresh)).

For AOE, start with fan of knives to apply poison on all targets and try to keep rupture (each with at least 3CP) on all targets (in this way you have a huge energy generation can u spend on main target with mutilate/envenom). Obv, apply garrote when it is available
    So vanish and apply garrote not rupture? Are you using vendetta on trash though?

Why garrote into vendetta trinket into another garrote? Why not open a mut or something? I’ve never seen that opener sequence before. Even SS is garrote rupture garrote.

Edit: get rid of that awful FoK trait stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Swineflew View Post
    Why garrote into vendetta trinket into another garrote? Why not open a mut or something? I’ve never seen that opener sequence before. Even SS is garrote rupture garrote.

Edit: get rid of that awful FoK trait stat.
    Okay, I'll reforge that out tonight. I always try to do garrote, mutilate, rupture to get my bleeds up as fast as i can. The thing i'm a little troubled about i guess is when to vanish. I have been vanishing and refreshing Rupture. Is my line of thinking right? Vanish activates nightstalker, which gives my rupture 50% more damage?

http://www.ravenholdt.net/assassination-guide/#rot lists some openers. It's a fairly short guide (~3 pages) so should give the whole thing a read.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928;5017874e/#rot[/url
    lists some openers. It's a fairly short guide (~3 pages) so should give the whole thing a read.
    Okay, so that's pretty much what I have been doing. I have to get better at my vanish. So if you're pulling trash and killing two mobs are you using vendetta? I haven't been using it on trash. I'm sure that's hurting me on DPS.

^ Check Ravenholdt.net, read the guide. What Azerite traits are you using? Talents? Any logs we can check?

I linked my armory up top in my original post. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think. I don't have any logs.

Well it happened again the other night in normal Uldir. We move in on "Mother" and i look down and i'm doing like 10,300 DPS 5-6 in damage, then i start having to move around switch chambers and at the end of the fight i'm at 5800-6100 and i end up getting booted. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong???

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgan962 View Post
    Well it happened again the other night in normal Uldir. We move in on "Mother" and i look down and i'm doing like 10,300 DPS 5-6 in damage, then i start having to move around switch chambers and at the end of the fight i'm at 5800-6100 and i end up getting booted. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong???
    how do you expect us to really help you if you have no logs for which we can look to see what you need to improve upon? logs are very easy to understand how to use and aren't that resource intensive. Just start doing your own if your raid leads aren't doing it/you join pugs. If you really wish to seek help, it's honestly the only way you're going to get some actual tailored feedback and not just someone posting guide number xyz.

Okay, I never ran logs before. I'll figure it out and try to post back. Thank you again for your feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing on the logs was one fight so far, but I got booted after this fight for "Not pulling my weight" thoughts.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=57

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's a guild run, quit. Booting people in normal on a guild run just because of a single boss is massively dickish.

Second, on MOTHER I'm not sure openers matter - the issue there is that if you move over early, you're AOEing quick dying mobs so advice like "get rupture on all of them" is useless - they'll be dead before that. You basically need burst AOE or cleave and assassination doesn't really have that. You can try FoK and then Envenom and hope for a Poison Bomb proc if you have that talented but that requires the trash to be bunched.

Note that the other rogue is Outlaw btw... You could spec Outlaw and switch outfits for that fight. Alternately, you could stay on MOTHER until she's pulled over to the next chamber each time, basically doing ST damage and just let others deal with the trash in the chambers.

PS:Spec Subterfuge which gives you Garrote with no CD for 3 seconds after you break stealth. Marginal but might help a little.
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-10-05 at 04:37 PM.

you're using the wrong talents, none of your gear has shrouded suffocation on it and from the log you posted you didn't use garrote until 22s into the pull. also it looks like you're letting your dots drop off multiple times throughout the fight.
    i'd start with using correct talents (elaborate planning and subterfuge) then running mythic+0s to get azerite pieces with better traits
    Last edited by Djanco; 2018-10-05 at 04:44 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrote>rupture>garrote>Vendetta>mut>rupture>exsang. Yes don't play with toxic blade.

And never use fok from stealth as suggested above, get ur 3 garrotes out before anything else.

I open with Garrote. this was a premade. Not a guild run. I'll try running the different Talents. I have a better tracking system for DOTs, so i'm curious to see what my new logs will be. This was prior to setting that up. My gear is better now at 344. Thanks so much for the input!