Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There's enough references and memes in the game. I don't like that a meme is becoming a main character. Especially when this is kind of a serious storyline. I hope he isn't being developed further because they saw the reaction to him and decided to advance his character after becoming a meme, and rather, had a plan all along and the meme was a fluke. There may not be a way to know. I don't see the appeal so hopefully for me they are extremely short involvements with him and his quest, and for others who want to say so and so for warchief can do that all day as well.

Please don't kill off Zappy boi...

Zekhan is a bit like our resident Void Elf/Lightforged LARPer in that he is a meme. Unlike the LARPer he hasn't run his course yet. He should ideally be kept well away from major plotlines. He's too arch a character and is really more of a symbol to Saurfang than he is an indepedent character on his own. But given the current direction I imagine Sylvanas dismissively killing him to trigger Saurfang or some shit like that.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Another WoW meme has come to fuck up the lore. What’s next? Is the Turtle that made it to the water becoming Warchief?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Another WoW meme has come to fuck up the lore. What’s next? Is the Turtle that made it to the water becoming Warchief?
    Say what you will about Zekhan, at least he's not a cheap pop culture reference of Rambo that has millenia-old generals fawning over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Big if true.

Let's be honest though, Metzen would never cuck his avatar to give us Garrosh Part II. We're just not that lucky. Does Fel pass onto kids? Only if it doesn't put Thrall in a bad light.
    the fel does pass but it also wanes over time and can be cleansed by sufficiently divine sources.

I hope zappiboy does something heroic and cool and not just talking to saurfang: come on bro! return! we have dino meat!

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Say what you will about Zekhan, at least he's not a cheap pop culture reference of Rambo that has millenia-old generals fawning over him.
    give blizzard some time, they'll make him into one.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    I say let them be lovers. who am i kidding, blizzard is never gonna add a non-straight relationship with major lore characters.
    And there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    There's enough references and memes in the game. I don't like that a meme is becoming a main character. Especially when this is kind of a serious storyline. I hope he isn't being developed further because they saw the reaction to him and decided to advance his character after becoming a meme, and rather, had a plan all along and the meme was a fluke. There may not be a way to know. I don't see the appeal so hopefully for me they are extremely short involvements with him and his quest, and for others who want to say so and so for warchief can do that all day as well.
    Think it's a bit harsh to put Zekhan in the same basket as actual meme characters. As far as I am aware he's just a new character community have nickname for no?
    He's definitely not a "meme" in the same sense of word as Keeshan, Harrison Jones or J.Awesome.

I mean, I see no problem in him gradually becoming actual lore character if it's done right.

Considering he was in the cinematics (which take a while to make), I'd say they've had plans for him all along and him becoming a meme has nothing to do with putting him into the main story. Looking forward to seeing what they do with him. We desperately need more Darkspear and tauren characters.

Deleted
    Why is a new young troll coming to the forefront suddenly a bad thing? We need more new and young characters or the world will simply die out. Also, Keeshan may have been a pop-culture reference, but he's fine in the questline. And the 'human potential' phrase form Shandris has been removed since the beta.

I just hope they don't kill all characters off again that get some development.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Considering he was in the cinematics (which take a while to make), I'd say they've had plans for him all along and him becoming a meme has nothing to do with putting him into the main story. Looking forward to seeing what they do with him. We desperately need more Darkspear and tauren characters.
    Darkspear have plenty of characters they just didn't get enough focus. Rokhan, Gadrin, Vanira, Bwemba and so on. Not that I'll turn down a younger Horde character. A shame it's a not an orc, or a possible Forsaken stand-in leader who isn't a literal Alliance queen.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    What is this, kindergarten? How about the cunning writers, whose resources and time are limited, get their priorities straight and focus on major characters like the awe-inspiring Lady Alleria Windrunner, instead of a random grunt who exists solely to fulfill the pitiful desires of those cringe-worthy meme lords.
    You're right, their resoruces are limited, what about starting to pretend Void Elves were a bad dream and never actually happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    I don't like that a meme is becoming a main character.
    I hope you're not a fan of Saurfang, otherwise I have bad news for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is this, kindergarten? How about the cunning writers, whose resources and time are limited, get their priorities straight and focus on major characters like the awe-inspiring Lady Alleria Windrunner, instead of a random grunt who exists solely to fulfill the pitiful desires of those cringe-worthy meme lords.
    because a meme troll guy is ten times better than a generic edgelord shitty elf

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Think it's a bit harsh to put Zekhan in the same basket as actual meme characters. As far as I am aware he's just a new character community have nickname for no?
    He's definitely not a "meme" in the same sense of word as Keeshan, Harrison Jones or J.Awesome.

I mean, I see no problem in him gradually becoming actual lore character if it's done right.
    Yeah the guy is just for now the generic blank young soldier that could easily become into something interesting, since Thrall we haven't see any shaman doing anything cool besides of Hexlord Raal
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

This news is good news for Horde Players(I myself Like the Horde). Saurfang may finally have come to his senses and realize that the future of not just the Horde, not just Azeroth, but of the races of the Horde are at stake.

As for the Mystery of the Assassins we can rule out:

Sylvanas: It is simply too easy. If it is Sylvanas then Blizzard will have a lot of things to explain to the players for us to fully by this. Another reason is that Blizzard has said they wont take Sylvanas down the root of Garry Hellscream.

Greymane: The Cloak implies that the Assassins are looking for a Hooded figure which means whoever is trying to kill Saurfang is not Worganwhich means it most likely is not Greymane.

My Suspects list:

Rogers: I heard from some sources that Rogers has some interesting stuff going on. If so I could totally see Rogers crossing the line and getting some help.

Spy Master Shaw: Again IS7 is pretty shady and I suspect he could be trying to prevent a possible threat to escape to the Horde. The fact of the matter is most of the Alliance high command could.

Jaina: Do I need to explain?

Gallywix: Maybe thinks Saurfang will cut into the profits

The OGs: Maybe they have infiltrated Stormwind and have a plan?

The fact is I am genuinely excited to see Saurfang. I love that Orc, but I also like My Banshee Queen. Then their is my boy Nathanos Stuck in the middle between what is right and what will get his dick sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    No, he just doesn't know what else to do while he still doesn't know why he made her warchief. We've seen in the datamines that noone they talked to actually supports Sylvanas, because she upsets the Balance. And by pushing someone to the forefront that balances her out, Vol'jin may support the Balance she is endangering and also make her tread more carefully, which would be the only way of ensuring that her rule is 'just'. Because if left to her own devices, it isn't.
    It could be that Sylvanas somehow had the same vision as Vol'jin and that she vaguely knows what needs to be done. Just that everyone believe it isn't for the greater good when it could be. This is simply because no one knows what it going on or who would suggest such an idea. Once we find out who was behind Vol'jin's vision the answers will start to come into play and could explain all the events up to now and why they needed to happen. Perhaps the outcome in the end is necessary to prevent such events from occurring.

All we know really is Vol'jin had a vision to put Sylvanas in charge with no recollection of who and that Sylvanas had a vision or something when she touched the Azerite. The two could be intertwined and she knows what could happen if she doesn't take action while everyone thinks she's just gone crazy.

There are many threats out there still and any of them could have played a hand in it from Murozond to Void Lords or Old Gods, even Azshara. We know Lich King is possible, not behind it because he said so, but it could be a ruse at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It could be that Sylvanas somehow had the same vision as Vol'jin and that she vaguely knows what needs to be done. Just that everyone believe it isn't for the greater good when it could be. This is simply because no one knows what it going on or who would suggest such an idea. Once we find out who was behind Vol'jin's vision the answers will start to come into play and could explain all the events up to now and why they needed to happen. Perhaps the outcome in the end is necessary to prevent such events from occurring.

All we know really is Vol'jin had a vision to put Sylvanas in charge with no recollection of who and that Sylvanas had a vision or something when she touched the Azerite. The two could be intertwined and she knows what could happen if she doesn't take action while everyone thinks she's just gone crazy.

There are many threats out there still and any of them could have played a hand in it from Murozond to Void Lords or Old Gods, even Azshara. We know Lich King is possible, not behind it because he said so, but it could be a ruse at the same time.
    I agree, it could still be many things and many 'beings' that were responsible for bringing Vol'jin back and as well as for making Sylvanas Warchief. I think my response you quoted was to someone who suggested that it cannot have been Vol'jin who tipped off Zekhan about Saurfang's whereabouts, because Vol'jin wanted to support Sylvanas's rule. I tried to point out that we can actually not say that from what we know, because he may just as well see the need to balance Sylvanas out for her rule to be just.
    We just don't know enough yet to point to someone specifically or rule anyone out.

And yea, I also agree we can't even really rule out the ones they actually asked about it, because they may simply have lied.

The visions from the Azerite seem, according to Before the Storm, to have all been kind of a 'here is what you want most and here I show you how to achieve it'-moment once you touch the Azerite. Combined with the feeling that you have the power to make this happen and a feeling of empowerment of the body together with the mind. Sylvanas specifically felt (among other things) like she was a goddess of creation and destruction and suddenly realized how deeply intertwined those two are. Which does seem interesting in the whole context of war.

Because he is still better than Alleria. He inspired a lot of players and as you said he is new. One of the greatest stories is about character's journey from farmboy to Jedi Master. From rookie to Master of Martial arts. From mere kid to Avatar, master of elements.

This is why people are hyped for him. A Character that they watch grow.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria