Deleted

Affliction warlock in need of dps help.

Good day,

My character name is endor and Im playing an affliction warlock on twisting nether EU.

After playing warlock for quite a while, clearing up to +10 and 5 bosses in heroic Im storting to feel like I’m doing something wrong dps wise, especialy in single target Im usualy 2-3k behind other (sometimes worse geared) warlocks.
    I don’t realy know What I need to Change and hope you can help met out.

My character is Endor on twisting nether
    Talent build is: 3122122
    And Im running double sudden onset trait.

My opener is as followed and this is something Im not Sure about:

Prepot - haunt - agony - corruption - phantom singularity - spam unstable affliction untill out of soulshards (usualy 3 or 4) - darkglare - deathbolt.

After this I use agony and corruption when about to expire, make Sure I always have unstable affliction up and use deathbolt / phantom singularity on cooldown.

Im hoping u guys can see What needs to Change so I can start topping meters like the other locks!
    Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Only thing that sticks out is the 100 talent. in 90% of cases, Dark Soul should be better than the middle talent.

Theory of the rotation sounds OK. You might have a tiny improvement in your opener if you do
    Haunt (if precast) - Agony - Corruption - Dark Soul - Haunt (if not precast) - UAs till empty - Phantom - another UA if a shard pops up during the GCD of the phantom - Darkglare (incl. all use-trinkets) - deathbolt.

This is only for the additional couple of seconds of chances for shards so that the glare does more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujinator View Post
    Good day,

My character name is endor and Im playing an affliction warlock on twisting nether EU.

After playing warlock for quite a while, clearing up to +10 and 5 bosses in heroic Im storting to feel like I’m doing something wrong dps wise, especialy in single target Im usualy 2-3k behind other (sometimes worse geared) warlocks.

Prepot - haunt - agony - corruption - phantom singularity - spam unstable affliction untill out of soulshards (usualy 3 or 4) - darkglare - deathbolt.

After this I use agony and corruption when about to expire, make Sure I always have unstable affliction up and use deathbolt / phantom singularity on cooldown.

Im hoping u guys can see What needs to Change so I can start topping meters like the other locks!
    Thanks in advance.
    Hello. Please read the Affliction section on https://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Home. As a starter, you are playing suboptimal talents. https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...unvbit6LjaRrzJ showcases this aswell. Opener on https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=timeline is not what you write, but the log shows a proper opener.

You use your on use trinket abit to early but thats minor. No potion usage. Pick Demonic Portal for fights, and use it to minimize your movement. On Fetid for example, super useful for the knockback. Darkfury has no place on the majority of the fights (if any). Dot uptime is not 95% + , you have 92% on agony and 77% on Corruption. Haunt uptime is also abit low, but not as bad. If you play WIA (which is OK with ur traits but still not best on ST) you loose alot of dps if Agony drops.

PM me ingame (Same server) if you need more advice.

Edit: SO was super good a week ago, but not its not the best ST. Its good for cleave tho! Consider getting other traits, when possible. Getting 1x Lazer Matrix/Archive of the titans will be a huge help to your dps. Stats are OK, you need more haste tho.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2018-09-25 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    Alright Thanks already, seems like I was indeed running the m+ spec for raiding.
    Have done a lot of raiding But just cant seem to get azerite pieces, whats the best alternative for azerite traits?

If single target, use Siphon Life after Corruption and maintain all 3 of them whilst doing everything else you're doing. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but it definitely does.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujinator View Post
    Good day,

Thanks in advance.
    Your opener is basically spot on: In some situations it's worth casting Dark soul: Misery pre-pull if you need to dot up a lot of adds.

Maintain dots within pandemic threshold: currup: ~4.5-5 seconds. agony: ~4.5 seconds. siphon life: ~4.5-5 seconds.

While maintaining unstable affliction is the goal, if Death bolt is on CD, and you have one shard. Keep it, and until you have 2 shards.
    Always cast Unstable affliction then death bolt.

When darkglare is ~1.5min from up. Pool shards. The goal is to have all cooldowns, and > 4 shards by the time Dark Glare is off cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Only thing that sticks out is the 100 talent. in 90% of cases, Dark Soul should be better than the middle talent.

Theory of the rotation sounds OK. You might have a tiny improvement in your opener if you do
    Haunt (if precast) - Agony - Corruption - Dark Soul - Haunt (if not precast) - UAs till empty - Phantom - another UA if a shard pops up during the GCD of the phantom - Darkglare (incl. all use-trinkets) - deathbolt.

This is only for the additional couple of seconds of chances for shards so that the glare does more.
    In heroic Uldir Dark Soul: Misery is used on every single fight.
    It's ideal to cast phantom singularity before UA dump ( not only do you get more damage out of it before refreshing, getting it on cooldown sooner is better ).

Ideal opener:
    3 seconds to pull pre-pot
    2-1.5 seconds to pull cast haunt
    ( add fight ) Dark soul: Misery
    Agony > Siphon Life > Corruption > Phantom Singularity > Dark Soul: Misery > Unstable Afflictionx4 / x5 > Dark Glare > Death Bolt

Maintain:

Agony > Siphon Life > Corruption > ( if >2 soulshards ) Unstable affliction
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.