Poll: What should be the long term aim of Shadow when it comes to DoTs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Affliction has 4 DoTs(2-3 that you actually manage) in actual content(corruption, Agony, UA, and Phantom Singularity with the last having a 45s CD). you do not run Siphon Life or Drain Soul.
    That's funny because all the top ranking Afflocks are using Siphon Life.

The top ranking guy on G'huun Mythic also has Drain Life doing 6,5% of his total damage

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

The top ranking guy on G'huun Mythic also has Drain Life doing 6,5% of his total damage
    Was a typo, meant mythic+(meant in to say "in actual mythic+ content"). was typing in a hurry sorry. However you do not run DS in any content.
    Last edited by Malix Farwin; 2018-10-08 at 09:18 AM.

I really, really wish to see Shadow becoming something of a Jade Harvester Witch Doctor from D3.

I miss spirits giving shadow orbs and doing machinegun Devouring Plagues. I know that build made us worse on single target, but that could have been solved by something like Mind Flay making DoT's tick harder if you only have DoTs on one target or something in that style.
    Clarity of Power was a disgusting abomination I never want to see again. Insanity priest is boring but not as bad as CoP.

I also miss dispersion actually working as a raid utility. Not being allowed to cast during what is now just a normal damage reduction is ridiculous.

Shadow is one of the few specs that has a ton of potential for good, diverse paths that appeal to different people.

People have very different opinions about very different styles (mana battery, CoP, legion voidform, cataclysm version), and the spec has all these different themes of shadow, void, psychic...

I still say you could make an entire class out of the different themes that shadow has had, with the specs choosing between shadow, void, psychic, and possibly even other themes. Then we could get legion voidform, cataclysm style shadow, and CoP (or some other less dot focused playstyle). Everyone wins.

..... except no one ever likes this idea when i suggest it lol.

I wish they deleted every single spell in shadow's spellbook and started from the ground up, shaping the spec into something similar to a mesmer.

A spec based on illusions and psychic powers ( mind control/ stealing enemy spells/ creating illusions of enemies and allies etc. ) seems much more fun than this obsession with the "void" and forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

Yep, Siphon is great for certain things. Depends on your Traits what you really want to run and what you are doing from that row.

The DS is really just G'huun because the most important part of the fight dps wise is the final half of the fight. You aren't going to fuck with DS outside that very specific situation in a Mythic final boss, with a specific phase section, and not an overgear. I imagine you'll see less people doing that and killing the fight as time goes on.

OT: Stay outta the warlock lane. Y'all keep your one dot and be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I wish they deleted every single spell in shadow's spellbook and started from the ground up, shaping the spec into something similar to a mesmer.

A spec based on illusions and psychic powers ( mind control/ stealing enemy spells/ creating illusions of enemies and allies etc. ) seems much more fun than this obsession with the "void" and forms.
    I don't think they will go back and leave the void theme behind, but i wished memser would be a thing in wow. Maybe with our next rework in 9.0.

But Mesmer would be more likely as a new class i think. Guild wars has so much more class spells, you could easily build two or three full speccs with it.
    They even fullfill the requirement for a new class and can steal shroud of concealment from rogues and our old "mind" theme =p

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of like dots not being a big deal on my priest. But I still want them and I want them to do a decent amount of damage. But affliction should still be more complicated (dot wise) and pull ahead on council encounters.