Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    I feel like this thread should be stickied and have a *READ ME FIRST* label thrown on it.

This would serve as a great tool for people who want to know what they're getting into before reading/posting on MMO-C.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    There is no way to work remotely? If you want to do something you will find ways, if you don’t want to - excuses. Surely no one can accuse this dude of underperforming, especially compared to some by now infamous Blizz teams.
    Read the thread. Blizzard doesn't employ remote workers. You must be able to commute to Irvine, CA to work there.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

well we really don't know why he rejected but if his mother is really that important (no doubt) moving near blizzard and having a wage+insurance, etc would be way better life for her mother

probably was a decision on believing that even paying to someone be with his mother when he is at work she will be lonely without him, maybe, but i think him having a job and better life will make her happy.... only they know

if its because some girl.... i better not say anything because jobs like Blizzard opens alot of doors job wise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Read the thread. Blizzard doesn't employ remote workers. You must be able to commute to Irvine, CA to work there.
    I worked for bigger companies allowing for much more out of the ordinary policy breaches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    I worked for bigger companies allowing for much more out of the ordinary policy breaches.
    I worked for a 120k person company. This is how Blizzard does their employment. They don't allow remote workers at least in development.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    In this gig economy you don't need to relocate to work for a job anymore.
    You do if the job requires it. #YouStillDontGetIt
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

This dude doesn't need a free computer, as kind as Blizzard was. This dude needs to live in a county where everyone has access to free healthcare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    This dude doesn't need a free computer, as kind as Blizzard was. This dude needs to live in a county where everyone has access to free healthcare.
    There is no such thing as a free healthcare. You either work and pay some kind of a tax/fee other crap, or you're unemployed but trying to get a work, and the employment center pays for your healthcare. I'm speaking from expertise, I'm living in Europe. And it's not a paradise, fe.: my visit with an orthopaedist, after I got hit by a car, was scheduled 4 months after the accident, and I was working and paying for my healthcare.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryonnen View Post
    There is no such thing as a free healthcare. You either work and pay some kind of a tax/fee other crap, or you're unemployed but trying to get a work, and the employment center pays for your healthcare. I'm speaking from expertise, I'm living in Europe. And it's not a paradise, fe.: my visit with an orthopaedist, after I got hit by a car, was scheduled 4 months after the accident, and I was working and paying for my healthcare.
    In that case, there's no such thing as free 'anything' because someone, somewhere, will have worked for it to get it.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The WoW community (or to an extent the MMO-Champion community) certainly is becoming one of the most vile and disgusting communities I have ever known. And I am a part of many types of communities online, including a knitting community :P
    Agree...IMO...the WoW community is vastly different than the MMO-C community

The largest portion of the WoW community quietly play and enjoy the game and would see stories like this as what they are...good will gestures and potential happy endings for unfortunate people...

Now..large sections of the MMO-C community (or to be fair..most ALL forum communities)...represent the loud, ignorant, clueless voice of disgruntled and miserable human beings in the gaming world.

Again...just my opinion...

Stop being triggered and look at things for what they are...not "fuck this guy..send ME stuff"

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    That's great, but the problem is in todays world this could be a sign of affection, or a planned PR stunt supposed to go viral in the community. Hard to tell them apart.
    I know it's remarkably cynical to say this, but this was my first thought as well (although I wouldn't say it was planned, just opportunistic). The "gift" PR stunt is very real on social media these days.

Here's how it works in America: you work and have the *opportunity* to buy healthcare through your job, or you don't have healthcare. You *might* be able to get extremely basic healthcare from the government if you're dirt poor, but the government is always trying to screw you out of it and dismantle it.

Your may not be perfect-- nothing ever is-- but our way is killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    I know it's remarkably cynical to say this, but this was my first thought as well (although I wouldn't say it was planned, just opportunistic). The "gift" PR stunt is very real on social media these days.
    Heck, its been around in the software biz since its been a thing.

I remember someone got mailed a free copy of Tomb Raider (might have even been the first one), simply because they wrote a letter about how their grandmother's name was Lara.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    This.

That is why no one bought the PR tactic by Blizz aka new game industry villain. To those that actually donated to helping with his health issues you are all heroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    In that case, there's no such thing as free 'anything' because someone, somewhere, will have worked for it to get it.
    Yes, in fact nothing is really free, because if something appears to be free, You are the product.

Deleted
    Yes, in fact nothing is really free, because if something appears to be free, You are the product.
    Simple concept yet many people prefer to live a lie as demonstrated in this forum very often in discussions about WoW’s income model.