Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I am not the poster that posted that but I can not speak on the behalf of that person. But what I will say is that this is only cause more suspicion that Blizz is in panic mode lately.
    Dude, lay off the drugs. You're still making shit up.

PR but honestly it shows how it backfired. Swifty is a better promoter anyways if we are to be honest.
    Yeah, no. They did something kind for a community member. Simple as that.

Blizzard doesn’t need PR. They make billions a year. Hell they make ~1bil off WoW alone probably more than that.

DBM is widely known as -the- raiding addon. It’s been around forever and it probably even shaped how blizzard devs time encounters and even make them. I can guarantee it’s used by a ton of people at blizzard so of course they’d help him out.

Glad there’s a thread about it though. Really brings out the garbage and vile community members.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really nice indeed, this guy surely deserved it, he was amazing for sharing this add-on for free and keeping it updated all those years.

We sometimes take things for granted but it's important to realize and give credit for people like him and his contributions.

We all go through tough times in life, things happen and asking for help may be hard, specially if it hurt our pride, but I think all those nice things he is having now is just a fair repayment for the good things he sow.

Thanks Adam.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Actually I paid that. With my sub money.
    That makes you a good person to be honest and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. +1

I am not the poster that posted that but I can not speak on the behalf of that person. But what I will say is that this is only cause more suspicion that Blizz is in panic mode lately.
    No, you did post it. I quoted you posting it. You said in the post you believed this wasn't in the interest of the greater good of the game. To which I added, it was never meant for that. It was meant to help Adam, not the game, but your jealousy or hatred has led you to imagination land where you are, well...

...making up more shit, it seems.

You have quite literally made some imaginary connection that Blizzard helping an individual who wrote an addon for over a decade means their company is in panic mode. That's some mental fucking gymnastics right there.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-09-26 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    Yeah, no. They did something kind for a community member. Simple as that.

Blizzard doesn’t need PR. They make billions a year. Hell they make ~1bil off WoW alone probably more than that.

DBM is widely known as -the- raiding addon. It’s been around forever and it probably even shaped how blizzard devs time encounters and even make them. I can guarantee it’s used by a ton of people at blizzard so of course they’d help him out.

Glad there’s a thread about it though. Really brings out the garbage and vile community members.
    Indeed it does. A lot of jealousy and ignorance in this topic.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    So what are we lauding then? A PR stunt for a public figure who will surely mention this gesture? Will they make this gesture to every important modder for WoW who suffers from a condition? Will they make it for people who made WoW more popular?

It's a fucking stunt.

The OP wants us to go easy on blizzard because they dropped a drop a water out of their pockets specifically to make them look better in a time when they look like shit in the eyes of many players. It's the oldest marketing trick in the book.

Appeal to the heartstring.
    Don't really care if it is a stunt. They didn't have to do it. Not doing it doesn't hurt them at all. Someone else takes over the addon (happened plenty of times) or everyone switches to BigWigs or something one of the top end guilds ends up developing. Lets face it Exorsus could and would easily create an addon like this, so again why does Blizzard do it?

Yes, they have a PR marketing budget, but they could easily use it for other things. This isn't going to get someone to resub or buy a new game. It was a nice choice by the team (marketing, PR, Devs, whoever made the choice) and it is a nice gesture. I'm glad you see behind the smoke and mirrors of life like some woke illuminated person, but just because you see behind doesn't mean all the people back there are wringing their hands and saying "Yesssssss, thisss will fool them into believing we care. Show me the numbers this good will got us....yessssssmmmmmmm pass the stem cellssss Mike."

Seriously, everyone knows it is part PR, but just because it is PR doesn't mean it isn't a kind gesture. It is almost like things fill multiple purposes. But stay woke bro. Did you know the pharama industry doesn't want you to get well? Or that payday lending is a scam to keep you indebted to them? Or that Big Tobacco pays for anti-smoking ads? The world is so dark bruh, so damn dark, and I know it is lonely being the only one who gets it. Keep the rain cloud over everyone's head in this bleak existence we call life.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2018-09-26 at 05:22 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Nice gesture. Don't care if it's a PR stunt like some people think, what matters is they did something nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    While this is a very nice move it would be even better if they would include his add-on in wow baseline and offer him a full time job at blizzard for maintaining/developing it.
    Don't be so rash. There's still people who like to do fights without aid, I would be distraught if they made DBM baseline. The game already provides very good visual and audio cues to most mechanics and I enjoy learning the timing of things on my own. I think it's better if tools like that remain optional.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Some love keeps the hate at bay,
    when love arrives,
    the hate goes away

/deep
    Or in this case, makes it seep in faster.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You sub to MSI?

I would focus on health before vidya games but that is my two cents.
    This is rich....

Given how much focus you put on this particular "vidya game", I genuinely question your mental well-being.

Just walk away dude.... You got bigger fish to fry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Leave it to the disgusting WoW community to try and frame this as some sort of selfish stunt.

Blizzard and MSI did a nice thing for a struggling player who has dedicated a massive amount of time maintaining one of the most popular WoW addons, an addon that has no doubt changed the way Blizzard developers themselves have designed encounters. That is where the story should end, and good on Blizzard for supporting its community.
    Don't confuse the WoW community as a whole with the toxic cesspool you see here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    This is rich....

Given how much focus you put on this particular "vidya game", I genuinely question your mental well-being.

Considering how much time he has to cry on these forums, I seriously fucking doubt it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    This is rich....

My garden is doing lovely thank you for asking!

But yeah caring for his mom and his health should take precedence over looking after DBM. The WoW community can be selfish sometimes but I understand why they love and appreciate his work.

But the tough love response is that he should walk away and fix his life IMVHO.

Tough love is needed in trying times. I am just being honest and ahead of the curve. Just my two cents.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit hard to be angry at Blizzard after this. Dang it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed.

A good will gesture would be solving real problems as outlined by the DBM author.
    They eased it for him. They didn't have to do anything technically, yet they helped him with ONE of his many problems while donators helped with a few health ones.

It is so hard to appreciate generosity at times.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yes, planned. Obviously not the health problems were planned. But they put budget aside for ninja marketing, the intern found the applicable occasion and wrote and put the letter on the package.

People act like I said he would not have earned it or should not have received it in the first place.

I said he might not have received it out of the reasons stated in the letter, but because it was a good situation for PR.

- - - Updated - - -

That's how social media PR works.
    So cynical. Sometimes a gift just a gift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Blizz likely partnered with them for the equipment, paid for it, and gave them credit for "donating". Or, they may have offered to pay, and MSI actually donated it all. We'll never know the whole story cause Blizz hasn't made a peep about it. This was all MysticalOS posting a Thank You. His medical issue is resolved, and now his gaming and coding issues are as well.
    MSI is suppliers to Blizzard. So, they most likely took contact to hear if they wished to be part of it, or if Blizzard were to be the sole donator.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    You sub to MSI?
    My sub > Blizz > paying for marketing stunt to MSI > ???? > profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then your few cents helped a good cause.

- - - Updated - - -

PR but honestly it shows how it backfired. Swifty is a better promoter anyways if we are to be honest.
    Well, yeah. It backfired in the way of people not being able to understand a nice gesture. Good PR for the ones who didn't turn into salt.

Money well spent.