Man the Guns (HOI IV expansion) just announced something for dedicated players.

(HOI IV is a great strategy game featuring WW2)

Man the Guns focus on naval warfare, with a large retooling of the two major naval allied powers (USA and UK). But Paradox also made a unique focus tree for a very surprising nation….

Netherlands

(You might have overheard it, but the Netherlands, a country with countless qualities, have a certain neighbor to the East, over completely undefensible wide open plains. It's to the point that even the German AI usually succeeds in overwhelming the Netherlands in days)

And just in case you were not turned on enough by the prospect, the unique tree amounts to nerfing to a monstruous degree that well-known powerhouse that were thirties Netherlands. Imagine a WOTLK or BC era locks dishing out three-four debuffs. Netherlands have maluses to construction, manpower, political power generation, ressource production and industrial capacity.

This is going to be awesome
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-09-28 at 03:11 AM.

I like the game and look forward to it. That said, I only play Sweden.

Not sure why the netherlands is a surprising nation.
    When it comes to naval exploration it was huge.

The VoC and east indian trading company were among the biggest and most prominent ones among the world during it's time.
    There's a reason dutch is a spoken language both in middle america, south africa, new zealand, and well,. our home country. XD

That said,. we no longer are,. so yeah.. a bit weird.
    I think we've only got 1 or two actual metal boats in the army, and those are decomissioned.

Ice skating however,. that's where we are always getting gold metals during the olympics ;P

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Not sure why the netherlands is a surprising nation.
    When it comes to naval exploration it was huge.

The VoC and east indian trading company were among the biggest and most prominent ones among the world during it's time.
    There's a reason dutch is a spoken language both in middle america, south africa, new zealand, and well,. our home country. XD

That said,. we no longer are,. so yeah.. a bit weird.
    I think we've only got 1 or two actual metal boats in the army, and those are decomissioned.

Ice skating however,. that's where we are always getting gold metals during the olympics ;P
    They nerfed to oblivion Netherlands. Netherlands is one of the most interesting nation to play in EU IV, granted, but in HOI IV, it's...brutal. (It's actually quite doable to hold the line against the Germans as Netherlands currently, but the head banging incompetent of the French and Belgian AI make it a moot point-FFS, when I manage to contain the Germans in Netherlands, the German AI drive straight through the Maginot line).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    I like the game and look forward to it. That said, I only play Sweden.
    In a testament to the AI competence, when I play Communist Sweden, I'm in Berlin one month into the war.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-09-29 at 10:29 PM.