Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    If he becomes the univrrse then hr cant be thanos anymore? Kinda like bran stark in got

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    People say that Phoenix would own Thanos, cuz she's "multiversal" (draws power from infinite universes) n would simply overwhelm Thanos, even with the infinity gauntlet, so she's the strongest being there is?
    Thanos by himself may or may not be overwhelmed by the Phoenix depending on the writer, but with the Infinity Gauntlet the Phoenix would not be a threat.

5+ Year Old Account
    Final trailer

Too many dorks in the x-men crew, movie needs a pull, a character like Wolverine, why isn't he in the movie?
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-04-17 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Too many dorks in the x-men crew, movie needs a pull, a character like Wolverine, why isn't he in the movie?
    Because Wolverine sucks these days.
    Logan was a fluke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hugh Jackman decided that he was no longer going to play the character - it ended with “Logan” for him. We may see them continue with X-23, or maybe they'll hire another actor to play Wolverine. Those are some BIG shoes to fill, though.
    I feel bad for whoever plays Wolverine next, they are going to not be happy either way :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Wolverine will be easy enough. The scripts were light work compared to the complexity of his character in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hugh Jackman decided that he was no longer going to play the character - it ended with “Logan” for him. We may see them continue with X-23, or maybe they'll hire another actor to play Wolverine. Those are some BIG shoes to fill, though.
    WE won't see them continue with anything...X-men is going to get a reboot to fit into the MCU at some point.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

I think it's very likely Endgame will be how they introduce mutants to the MCU in some way
    I don't think so. They've got a five year plan for after Endgame. Right now, The X-Men aren't part of it.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/kevin...ndgame-2019-4/
    Feige also indicated that it will be some time before audiences see MCU movies based on the formerly Fox-owned Marvel characters, such as the X-Men, which Disney now owns the film rights to after the Disney-Fox merger.

“As you’ve heard me say before, until it was all done, we literally couldn’t do anything,” Feige told IGN. “So essentially, it’s sort of Day One.”
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I don't think so. They've got a five year plan for after Endgame. Right now, The X-Men aren't part of it.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/kevin...ndgame-2019-4/
    They could have made a short and non-commited 'cameo' of the X-men, or maybe the fantastic 4, maybe in a post-credit scene or something. Skyline of New York, have the Baxter building (wasn't that the name of the F4s headquarter?), something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    They could have made a short and non-commited 'cameo' of the X-men, or maybe the fantastic 4, maybe in a post-credit scene or something. Skyline of New York, have the Baxter building (wasn't that the name of the F4s headquarter?), something like that.
    Pretty much. It would be silly of them not to tease mutants or the F4, even if they say they have no plans yet.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Poor Dark Phoenix Saga, it can never be adapted perfectly. Even if this ends up being better than Last Stand, it still comes off as a weak adaptation as it has no Emma Frost, Hellfire Club, or the intergalactic forces that made the Dark Phoenix saga so epic. And even if despite all that, it's somewhat good in its own way, it's still overshadowed by the Disney/FOX merger that is now complete, so it's like that last film that you squeezed out while waiting for the "big boys" to take over.

If nothing else, I hope that Disney hires James McAvoy as Prof. X. Can't think of anyone doing it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    They could have...but that would give people the impression that they had a plan in place for bringing them in. And they don't seem ready to do that yet.

I think it's best they let those two particular franchises air out a bit before bringing them in. The FF have never been that well-received in any of their films thus far...and the X-Men have had at least as many misses as they have had hits. Best to just let the anticipation grow a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Poor Dark Phoenix Saga, it can never be adapted perfectly. Even if this ends up being better than Last Stand, it still comes off as a weak adaptation as it has no Emma Frost, Hellfire Club, or the intergalactic forces that made the Dark Phoenix saga so epic. And even if despite all that, it's somewhat good in its own way, it's still overshadowed by the Disney/FOX merger that is now complete, so it's like that last film that you squeezed out while waiting for the "big boys" to take over.

If nothing else, I hope that Disney hires James McAvoy as Prof. X. Can't think of anyone doing it better.
    Dark Phoenix could be adapted well...but it would have to be a story told in many parts...better suited for High Production Television than Films.

Also, while I do like McAvoy...he's no Patrick Stewart.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-04-20 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I can understand they need to trim down the story to fit the movie time, so combining the Emma Frost stuff with the intergalactic forces stuff into the Chastain character can work maybe. At least it seems like they're doing the story somewhat along the lines with the space shuttle and outside influence turning her power-mad. As long as it ends with her realizing it's all gotten out of hand and killing herself to save the team, I'll be fine with it. If someone kills her or she turns good or rejects the Force or something, then meh.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

5+ Year Old Account
    Comes out more TV spots than I can count..I hope this is a good one, otherwise it will be a looong summer...I wish A.Endgame came out during Summer and not so early, but oh well..

Otherwise I can always go see Godzilla punch kaijus one more time, that movie the Hustle seems funny, as for the movies that come out in august, well that is 'technically' summer, but it's kinda being in denial..

X-Men: Dark Phoenix Reshot The Ending To Avoid Similarities With Another Superhero Film - "The story ended in space in a much more significant way."

By Dan Auty | @MondoDan on May 31, 2019 at 3:23PM PDT

Dark Phoenix is the latest--and assumed final--movie in the current series of X-Men movies. It was originally set to be released in November 2018, but has been delayed following reshoots and finally arrives next month. Star James McEvoy has now revealed one of the reason for the reshoots.

In an interview with Yahoo Movies, McEvoy explained that the entire ending of the movie had to be reworked in order to avoid similarities to another superhero movie. "The end [of Dark Phoenix] changed a hell of a lot," he said. "The finale had to change. There was a lot of overlap and parallels with another superhero movie that came out… a while ago. And we had no idea that we were... we were basically trawling through the source material it seems."

Although McEvoy declined to state which rival comic book film had the similar ending, he gave some hints when he spoke about the location for the original ending.

"The story ended in space in a much more significant way," he revealed. "We actually shifted that to be back on Earth [for the reshoot], most notably, so that we can involve our main characters and see them come together. We wanted the family to be the thing that motivated Jean to finally embrace her identity, and finally, to allow love to be what allows her to transcend and evolve.

"But in the first iteration, they weren't present when she's going through a lot of the third act stuff. So we rejigged it so that we could dramatize the degree to which this divided family had come back together for her… that she could witness that, and, and bring [Jessica] Chastain into that sequence."

While there have been several superhero films released since Dark Phoenix started production in 2017, it's worth bearing in mind that Captain Marvel is the only one that had a significant part set in space.

Since Dark Phoenix was shot, Disney has bought all of Fox's entertainment assets, including the rights to the X-Men, as well as the Fantastic Four. While the studio has not announced its plans for these franchises, it has been confirmed that Marvel studios head Kevin Feige will be in charge of the properties and it is likely they will be incorporated into the Marvel Cinematic Universe at a later date.

Dark Phoenix also stars Sophie Turner, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Tye Sheridan, Olivia Munn, Alexandra Shipp, and Kodi Smit-McPhee. It's directed by Simon Kinberg and releases on June 5.

The number of reshoots scare me. Two reshoots for the end of the movie is a neat guarantee that the story will be meh

Watched a trailer recently.

Can someone explain what kinda setting this is? Given how young everybody looks, including Xavier and Magneto, I am rather puzzled... is it sort of a live continuation of the X-Men : evolution cartoon?

Not a huge reader/watcher, having seen the X-men (1990) and X-men : evolution, followed by the X-men movies up to First Class, but nothing newer except the Deadpool and Logan ones. The only few comics I did read were a part of the Apocalypse serie from the 80s and a more recent one with Logan's childhood and youth.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post

Can someone explain what kinda setting this is? Given how young everybody looks, including Xavier and Magneto, I am rather puzzled... is it sort of a live continuation of the X-Men : evolution cartoon?

Not a huge reader/watcher, having seen the X-men (1990) and X-men : evolution, followed by the X-men movies up to First Class, but nothing newer except the Deadpool and Logan ones. The only few comics I did read were a part of the Apocalypse serie from the 80s and a more recent one with Logan's childhood and youth.
    Watch Days of Future Past and then Apocalypse to understand the timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post

You just have to kinda accept they're supposed to look alot older than they do..
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The number of reshoots scare me. Two reshoots for the end of the movie is a neat guarantee that the story will be meh
    Reshoots are usually for the better.

They probably went back to conclude the franchise since this is definitely the last X-men movie in this particular 'universe'.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Reshoots are usually for the better.

They probably went back to conclude the franchise since this is definitely the last X-men movie in this particular 'universe'.
    As far as we heard, they changed the ending for two reasons : the Disney/Fox thing, which seemingly changed Dark Phoenix from "Episode 4 out of 5" to "4/4", so it needed a real ending and not something open, and the heavy similarity with Captain Marvel's ending.

I don't really think Reshoots are usually for the better. Usually that leads to the reshot scenes being disjointed from the rest of the movie, which was thought, written and shot aiming at the original ending which no longer exists.