Poll: Should Alliance get Vulpera & Horde get High Elves?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Druid forms would be soooo darn cute. Can you imagine, lol? As for their lore - who cares. Blizz will write some in.
    Shape shifting gypsy foxes? I'm getting shivers. I would switch factions so fast and spend half of my play time killing them every single day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    So you're trying to pretend the majority of Alliance players want vulpera?

Vulpera aren't even associated with the Alliance. The point about seeing little support for vulpera was an opinion (no shit?) but the point about vulpera being unfriendly towards the Alliance is not. It's not happening.
    Nice job dodging the point, which is that you are not the spokesperson for what 'most' alliance players what. We did not come together and elect you as the person to put forth our views on what we do and do not what.

So, hard as it may be for your brain to do, stop confusing what you don't want with what the majority of a huge group of millions of people do not want. That isn't how life works.

And I'm not pretending anything, I'm not desperate enough to make a point, that I'd pretend to know what 'most' WoW players want.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    no no no

horde gets vulpera

ally should get snake people. thought i'd hate the snake people, but i kind of like them now.
    Let me guess, you also love vulpera?

I’m not purchasing the BlizzCon ticket this year, but I’m going to be refreshing this front page a lot to see if they announce them. So excited!
    I don’t even like vulpera nor care for them, but I see some are really passionate about them. Good luck to you this BlizzCon. I’d like the sneks as their counterpart though.

I’m not purchasing the BlizzCon ticket this year, but I’m going to be refreshing this front page a lot to see if they announce them. So excited!
    All of my characters who can be race changed to vulpera probably would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they are. Both for the people who want them, and the blood pressure of people who don't. XD
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Please don't make Vulpera playable.

I don't understand people's obsession with cute shit in World of Warcraft. Pandaren "redeemed" themselves with Shaohao.

I want to see burning down of cities and orcs caked in blood, not little fox people prancing about

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Nice job dodging the point, which is that you are not the spokesperson for what 'most' alliance players what. We did not come together and elect you as the person to put forth our views on what we do and do not what.

So, hard as it may be for your brain to do, stop confusing what you don't want with what the majority of a huge group of millions of people do not want. That isn't how life works.

And I'm not pretending anything, I'm not desperate enough to make a point, that I'd pretend to know what 'most' WoW players want.
    I'm not dodging any points. I'm speaking generally based on the huge majority of what I've seen. This isn't a debate, it's some shitty forum where people make threads intentionally trying to argue and I don't really care. I'm saying straight up that that statement was a generalization, that's the opposite of dodging the point, I'm saying that I acknowledge it's not really wholly valid and just personal anecdotal shit.
    You're the one reading more into it than intended. Turn your brain on.

It doesn't change the fact that vulpera are not going to happen for the Alliance. The entire idea of arguing about it when they literally don't even interact within the game is laughable.

Nope, sorry, if anyone gets stuck with Vulpera it'll be the Horde, Alliance isn't going to have to deal with them.

No high elves either, give the Alliance something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Better option. Have the Blood Elves annihilate the High Elves and the survivors join the Void Elves.

Problem solved:

'Why can't I play High Elves?'

'they don't exist'
    This would be the best way. Or Lor'themar finally manages to talk some into returning to Silvermoon and destroy the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance have almost exclusively hostile interactions with the Vulpera. I think Horde mains that are loath to accept the possibility of “cute and cuddly” Vulpera joining them need to make peace with that, it’s going to happen.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    The Alliance have almost exclusively hostile interactions with the Vulpera. I think Horde mains that are loath to accept the possibility of “cute and cuddly” Vulpera joining them need to make peace with that, it’s going to happen.
    Great, we've had two Elves dumped on us, and now furries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Great, we've had two Elves dumped on us, and now furries.
    The Tauren were the OG “furries” of WoW. Just make peace with having to see them spin jump all over Orgrimmar and hope you get something more to your liking next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Nope, sorry, if anyone gets stuck with Vulpera it'll be the Horde, Alliance isn't going to have to deal with them.

No high elves either, give the Alliance something interesting.
    At Blizzcon we’ll find out. I’m pretty confident that we’re going to hear the Vulpera (H) and the next Alliance allied race will be announced. The only question is what the Alliance will get. The front runners currently are Sethrak and Junker Gnomes. We’ll see.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    The Tauren were the OG “furries” of WoW. Just make peace with having to see them spin jump all over Orgrimmar and hope you get something more to your liking next time.
    I mean, we’ve had cows for a long time now, lol.
    Unlike Vulpera, Tauren were at least established in the RTS games. They also don't seem to stir much excitement up in furries. I don't understand the distinction, but I don't understand furries in general.

Regardless, they shouldn't happen and if they do, Vulpera players deserve to be the new pariahs of the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, the magisterial posts on the potential of a Vulpera allied race are found here

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764968236

and at wowhead, here

https://www.wowhead.com/vulpera-race-in-voldun

The post on the official forum contains yet another link, to an interview you can find at PC Gamer.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...-azeroth-races

One of the question in this article is as follows

Q: "Obviously, Allied Races is one of the features players are very excited about for the upcoming expansion. How much thought goes into which Allied Race is next, and what side they go on?

A: "So first we looked at the geography of the space and who the inhabitants were. In some cases we drew from the lore that's out there - it's obvious who's in Zandalar, for example - but in other cases, we had to think about what an interesting race would be to inhabit that area, and in some cases we had to think about inventing a new race to suit it. Then we consider what's their natural tendency - are they likely to be more sympathetic to the Horde or the Alliance? - and then if we noticed a preponderance of really big, tough-looking races on one side or really charming, cool, cute-looking races on the other, then we try to do a little bit of a rebalance. Those profiles and those aesthetics are really important. We didn't want everyone on the Horde to look ugly, right?"

Both of the main articles I linked are well worth a read. I defy anyone to go through both and not reach the same conclusion I have, Vulpera meet all the requirements to join the Horde and are very likely to do so.

The question and answer I have highlighted above is VERY telling. It's as close to foreshadowing playable Vulpera as you can get without telling the Horde directly you are getting fox people.

I expect that at Blizzcon

Im Alliance, and i say: You can keep the Vulpera..Not all horde races must be tough, deadly and/or ugly looking.. Cute can also be part of it.^^ .
    “Destiny is a gift … Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor,
    that to strive and triumph in the face of fear, is what it means to be a hero.
    Don’t think … Become!”

"Anton Yelchin, Trollhunters Season 3, last spoken lines"

Why would the horde get high elves when we allready got them? Just give our blood elves a blue eye option and its the exact same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Why would the horde get high elves when we allready got them? Just give our blood elves a blue eye option and its the exact same thing.
    Next Horde races are going to be green Orcs and Mulgore Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    For me, the magisterial posts on the potential of a Vulpera allied race are found here

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764968236

and at wowhead, here

https://www.wowhead.com/vulpera-race-in-voldun

The post on the official forum contains yet another link, to an interview you can find at PC Gamer.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...-azeroth-races

One of the question in this article is as follows

Q: "Obviously, Allied Races is one of the features players are very excited about for the upcoming expansion. How much thought goes into which Allied Race is next, and what side they go on?

A: "So first we looked at the geography of the space and who the inhabitants were. In some cases we drew from the lore that's out there - it's obvious who's in Zandalar, for example - but in other cases, we had to think about what an interesting race would be to inhabit that area, and in some cases we had to think about inventing a new race to suit it. Then we consider what's their natural tendency - are they likely to be more sympathetic to the Horde or the Alliance? - and then if we noticed a preponderance of really big, tough-looking races on one side or really charming, cool, cute-looking races on the other, then we try to do a little bit of a rebalance. Those profiles and those aesthetics are really important. We didn't want everyone on the Horde to look ugly, right?"

Both of the main articles I linked are well worth a read. I defy anyone to go through both and not reach the same conclusion I have, Vulpera meet all the requirements to join the Horde and are very likely to do so.

The question and answer I have highlighted above is VERY telling. It's as close to foreshadowing playable Vulpera as you can get without telling the Horde directly you are getting fox people.

I expect that at Blizzcon
    Yup, I concur with both opinion pieces that you posted. Seems like Vulpera are as close to a given as it can possibly be without a Blue poster flat out saying; "Vulpera will be a Horde allied race". All the subtext from the interviews and the lamenting of people datamining things the instant it's on the PTR, would lead you to believe so. They also give sound reasoning why Sethrak may be the natural foil to Vulpera in joining the Alliance. Can't wait till Blizzcon to see what's happening.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So the Alliance fanbois are all crazy about how they want the cute & cuddly Vulpera to be part of their faction even though the Horde actually has quests for them and gets reputation with the Voldunai in Vol'dun. I say give them to the Alliance to make them feel better since its obvious how much Blizzard favors the Horde (so we hear every time new raids are released or PvP stats are released or any time ANYTHING is released by Blizzard). The only catch is the Horde should get High Elves in the same release patch that Alliance gets the Vulpera. Now hear me out and you'll understand my logic on this one. Not only would this prove to the Alliance the Horde favoritism but it would completely be justified that they would want to join the Horde instead of the Alliance. The Night Elves/Alliance turned their backs on the High Elves and shunned them from their home. Some went on to become Blood Elves and they too ended up getting the shaft from the Alliance and eventually joined the Horde too. This would make total sense for them to join their Blood Elf brothers & sisters in the Horde.

What do you guys think?
    Either you're trying way too hard or there is something wrong with you