Poll: Should Alliance get Vulpera & Horde get High Elves?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    As a hardcore horde player I refuse to accept a useless race of foxes. They bring nothing to the horde of value.
    Not yet anyway, we'll see if they get more development, but so far Im not enjoying the race much. Their quests are quite dull and I think I've only seen one single person in their race that actually looked and behaved like a soldier.

So far reskins of existing races sounds much more appealing than Vulpera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I've been a fan of anthropomorphic comics/games/cartoons for nearly 30 years now and nothing is going to change my mind on what I enjoy.

I've been a Horde player since Dec 2004 and I'll be damned if my survival hunter isn't a midget furfuck by the middle of next year!
    That's fine, but "I've been a furry for 30 years" doesn't change the fact that canonically Vulpera offer very little to the Horde lorewise and they seem to be tied to a single zone.

There are lots of cool models in the game that I like. Not all of them deserve to be playable.

No, take this awful vulpera yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimzy View Post
    Horde can have Vulpera. I'd rather have some other race introduced to the Alliance. Just not elves please?
    Please tell that to the High Elf fanatics. :3

The only situation where I would accept the Alliance getting High Elves would be Eredar joining Horde, so we get a red-skinned Draenei model.

I've been a fan of anthropomorphic comics/games/cartoons for nearly 30 years now and nothing is going to change my mind on what I enjoy.

I've been a Horde player since Dec 2004 and I'll be damned if my survival hunter isn't a midget furfuck by the middle of next year!
    It seems you want vulpera because you're a furry. Disregarding completely their lack of usefulness to the horde. Allied races aren't supposed to be mascot races to appeal to a minority of players with a fetish. They're supposed to bring something to the faction they're joining.

Vulpera at this stage is nothing but a bunch of spread out camps and caravans without any sense of pride for their race or any centralized leadership. Horde players just found a bunch of fox like people in cages and helped them. Nothing else. Bringing them to the Horde is foolish and unwarranted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Please tell that to the High Elf fanatics. :3

The only situation where I would accept the Alliance getting High Elves would be Eredar joining Horde, so we get a red-skinned Draenei model.
    High Elves joined the Horde as Blood Elves and Eredar are monstrous demons who need to be killed on sight. Only way they are joining the Horde is for their bones to be added the Warchief's throne.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems you want vulpera because you're a furry. Disregarding completely their lack of usefulness to the horde. Allied races aren't supposed to be mascot races to appeal to a minority of players with a fetish. They're supposed to bring something to the faction they're joining.

Vulpera at this stage is nothing but a bunch of spread out camps and caravans without any sense of pride for their race or any centralized leadership. Horde players just found a bunch of fox like people in cages and helped them. Nothing else. Bringing them to the Horde is foolish and unwarranted.
    Yet the groundwork has clearly been laid for the Vulpera to join the Horde.

From the extra attention they received when building their model (they use a more advanced graphical rig than Goblins after all), to that time during beta when they were flagged as a Horde race, to the story itself.

In Vol'dun we destroyed the nascent Sethrak Empire and crushed the Faithless. The Vol'dunai, consisting of the Zandalari outcasts and the Vulpera, are Horde aligned and they now dominate the zone alongside the Devoted.

The Devoted will remain neutral in the coming conflict, content to worship Sethraliss, but the Vol'dunai are active allies of the Horde. With the Sethrak threat crushed, the outcasts and the Vulpera will be able to consolidate their control of the zone and begin to prosper.

As for lacking a central leadership, we have Kiro and we have Nisha. Kiro is wiser and more cautious, but cares deeply for his people and went to great personal risk at times to save them. Nisha is more hot headed and pro-active, providing a strong counter-weight to Kiro and tempering his caution.

They absolutely would find a place within the Horde and given the level of focus and development they have received, I expect it to happen. You would be well advised to reconcile yourself to the possibility.

One other thing. Another race in the past could be described as 'at this stage is nothing but a bunch of spread out camps and caravans without any sense of pride for their race or any centralized leadership.' But because Thrall helped Cairne and the Tauren, they were brought into the Horde, their lands secured and a home built for them. So this is not without precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Where the hell did you see people asking for Alliance Vulpera? Almost everyone agrees they are going Horde, the one that the Alliances is asking for out of Vol'dun is Sethrak...
    I agree with the part where Alliance players do not ask for Vulpera, but I disagree that they are asking for Sethrak. The way I see it is more like the Horde players are asking for Vulpera and saying that the Alliance will catch Sethrak for reasons.
    I'll be happy if the two are not playable.
    Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-H270M-Gaming 3 | Corsair Hydro Series H110 | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix | Corsair TX650M | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2400MHz | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Gabinete Corsair Air 540 | Razer Deathstalker - Razer Naga | Windows 10 Home 64

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    That's fine, but "I've been a furry for 30 years" doesn't change the fact that canonically Vulpera offer very little to the Horde lorewise and they seem to be tied to a single zone.

There are lots of cool models in the game that I like. Not all of them deserve to be playable.
    *cough* Nightborne *cough*

That's fine, I'll be playing my vulpera while you'll probably be off crying about the purity of the Horde in a corner somewhere.

Do understand what a furry is before you go off casually tossing the label around in a condescending manner trying to make a futile point. Likewise for the other clown I quoted.

Sometimes you don't need complex reasons for shit in a game to come together and just work and be fun. Blizzard also stated that if you needed a reminder.

That's a lesson I learned from playing videogames for 35+ years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    This is a joke right? Did you really ever see a person saying "Vulperas should go Alliance" or have you just made up a reason to make a pointless thread?

If Vulperas are going to be an allied race (unlikely) - they are definitely going Horde. Their counterpart would most likely be Sethrak.
    If High Elves are going to be an allied race (unlikely) - they are going Alliance. They only differ in one thing from Blood Elves, politics. Against the Horde, against the Blood Elves.
    So you really think that the High Elves would join the same faction that has the Night Elves in it who told them that if they practiced arcane magic they would be PUT TO DEATH? The whole reason why the High Elves left the Night Elves is because Malfurion exiled them after Dath'Remar and many other High Elves did what they did in Ashenvale. He couldn't justify killing that many of his own people so he simply exiled them and they went on to Eastern Kingdoms, dropped the Nightborne name for themselves, abandoned Elune & all things druidic, and started calling themselves "Quel'Dorei" or High Elf. After the High Elves were attacked by the Amani trolls in the Troll Wars, they turned to the humans for help and defeated the trolls together. They went on to co-found Dalaran & eventually the Alliance as well. They befriend the dwarves a thousand years before the humans of Gilneas & Alterac met the dwarves. After the second war, the High Elves blamed the humans for burning most of their forest surrounding Quel'Thalas. The High Elves left the Alliance with the exception of Alleria, Vereesa, the rangers, and some of the ones in Dalaran. The majority of the High Elves left the Alliance.

Later Arthas & the Scourge attacked them and the Sunwell. The Alliance turned their back on the High Elves who helped them in all the other times and as a result the majority of the High Elves (including Sylvanas) were slaughtered trying to defend Silvermoon. Only 10% of the High Elves remained. The remaining elves renamed themselves Blood Elves and eventually joined back with the Alliance under the rule of Orthmar Garithos. Garithos was a racist prick and treated all non-humans like shit. He left Kael'thas & the troups to fend for themselves. They couldn't so he turned to Lady Vashj who helped them survive the fight with the scourge. Garithos sentenced Kael & the other elves to execution but they broke free from Dalaran with Vashj's help.

So after some education on the High Elves, please tell me what part of this makes you think that they would want to join up with the Alliance again?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Don't you ever realize how childish you can be? I can maybe see your first sentence as a joke but you seriously gonna auto-kick people for choosing a race you don't like. That's something a 13 year old would come up with the be edgy.
    Sadly this happens to Pandarans quite frequently. I didn't believe it until I saw it happen frequently with my boyfriend when he plays one of his alts which all but 2 have been Pandarans. There are assholes out there that vote kick people just for playing a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Revy-Kenzie View Post
    Before BFA I thought the whole point of Vulpera was so that the alliance got a goblin type model
    Um goblins are the Horde's answer to a short race which the Alliance already had with Gnomes. They don't need a "goblin type model" when they have the original small race to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The counterpart to the Horde getting 'High Elves' would be the Alliance getting Exodar Draenei and be very, very redundant.
    The Alliance DID get a different version of Draenei in the form of Light Forged so your point is invalid. Horde also has 2 types of Orcs and Tauren that look almost identical to each other. Alliance is getting a second version of Dwarves which are nearly identical to each other AND they got an almost carbon copy of the Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Blood Elves and High Elves are exactly the same, the only difference is their allegiance. Blood Elfs being loyal to Silvermoon while High Elfs protested against siphoning magic from living creatures and were either exiled or left.
    The High Elves today originally embraced the new name "Sin'dorei" which Kael'thas bestowed upon them, but went back to their old name after being exiled.

Blood Elves and High Elves are the same race.
    I think you need to read the Elf lore from above in this post.....

Two wrongs suggested in one thread. At this point in WoW's history, I'm unsure if bait or serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    The Alliance DID get a different version of Draenei in the form of Light Forged so your point is invalid. Horde also has 2 types of Orcs and Tauren that look almost identical to each other. Alliance is getting a second version of Dwarves which are nearly identical to each other AND they got an almost carbon copy of the Blood Elves.
    Not really.

Lightforged Draenei are justified because they went through a process (Lightforging) that altered their bodies and they have had a long, long separation from their Draenei cousins due to their time in the Army of the Light that has provided them with a unique theme.

Highmountain Tauren are descended from those blessed by Cenarius, having moose antlers instead of bullhorns and a devotion to their homeland of Highmountain, which they have maintained for millenia. The nomadic Tauren of Kalimdor have only recently settled in Mulgore.

The Mag'har Orcs are uncorrupted Orcs from another timeline, easily differentiated from the Orcs of Azeroth by the variance in skin tone. These Orcs never made a pact with the demons.

The Dark Iron Dwarves split from their cousins millenia ago, have substantially different skin tones and a completely unique theme. Whereas the Bronzebeards have the traditional, Tolkienesque Dwarf vibe down pat the Dark Iron are Steampunk Dwarves with mole machines and pyromania.

All four of your examples are clearly differentiated from each other.

High Elves are Blood Elves though, as stated by every Blizzard that has ever commented on the matter. Alliance High Elves are traitors who abandoned their people. They have the same culture. They have the same theme (tolkienesque elves). They have the same history. Merely fifteen years ago they were on the same side.

This is why they created a Void Elves, who are actually following a similar path to Lightforged Draenei. They underwent a process, albeit void based rather than lightbased, which produced physical differences from the main group.

I think you need to read the Elf lore from above in this post.....
    No, I don't.

So you really think that the High Elves would join the same faction that has the Night Elves in it who told them that if they practiced arcane magic they would be PUT TO DEATH? The whole reason why the High Elves left the Night Elves is because Malfurion exiled them after Dath'Remar and many other High Elves did what they did in Ashenvale. He couldn't justify killing that many of his own people so he simply exiled them and they went on to Eastern Kingdoms, dropped the Nightborne name for themselves, abandoned Elune & all things druidic, and started calling themselves "Quel'Dorei" or High Elf. After the High Elves were attacked by the Amani trolls in the Troll Wars, they turned to the humans for help and defeated the trolls together. They went on to co-found Dalaran & eventually the Alliance as well. They befriend the dwarves a thousand years before the humans of Gilneas & Alterac met the dwarves. After the second war, the High Elves blamed the humans for burning most of their forest surrounding Quel'Thalas. The High Elves left the Alliance with the exception of Alleria, Vereesa, the rangers, and some of the ones in Dalaran. The majority of the High Elves left the Alliance.

Later Arthas & the Scourge attacked them and the Sunwell. The Alliance turned their back on the High Elves who helped them in all the other times and as a result the majority of the High Elves (including Sylvanas) were slaughtered trying to defend Silvermoon. Only 10% of the High Elves remained. The remaining elves renamed themselves Blood Elves and eventually joined back with the Alliance under the rule of Orthmar Garithos. Garithos was a racist prick and treated all non-humans like shit. He left Kael'thas & the troups to fend for themselves. They couldn't so he turned to Lady Vashj who helped them survive the fight with the scourge. Garithos sentenced Kael & the other elves to execution but they broke free from Dalaran with Vashj's help.

So after some education on the High Elves, please tell me what part of this makes you think that they would want to join up with the Alliance again.
    But what you’re talking about are blood elves. You even said that only a bunch remained in the alliance. Those who didn’t, changed their name and way later joined the Horde. Those few never left it and night elves became part of the alliance later than them. So why would they not “join” if they already did. What people are talking about is making them playable. I don’t care if they become playable or not, but they already are in the Alliance, so “why would they join” is not the right question.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    What kind of poll options are these.
    Almost all polls on mmoc have shitty poll options that try to steer the conversation into a specific direction.

*cough* Nightborne *cough*

That's fine, I'll be playing my vulpera while you'll probably be off crying about the purity of the Horde in a corner somewhere.

Do understand what a furry is before you go off casually tossing the label around in a condescending manner trying to make a futile point. Likewise for the other clown I quoted.

Sometimes you don't need complex reasons for shit in a game to come together and just work and be fun. Blizzard also stated that if you needed a reminder.

That's a lesson I learned from playing videogames for 35+ years.
    I know exactly what a furry is. I do not however understand their thought process. It's not my job neither it is in my interests. I'll leave that to psychologists/ psychiatrists.

We do not need complex reasons to disregard Vulpera as an allied race. It's quite simple. They're a worthless addition to the Horde or even for the alliance. They have no military strength.

They're powerless creatures without any value. The problem here is that they're powerless creatures that you want to play as because they have fur and you find them cute. Horde isn't a faction of cute. We don't need a pet allied race. We want and need military might or cultural/technological prowess, which Vulpera has neither.

I completely and utterly dislike the idea of such a worthless addition to the mighty horde.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2018-09-27 at 11:07 AM.

what if instead of getting dozens of useless races, we isntead get a dozen new specs. a 4th spec for each class.

Deleted
    No! Keep those rabid hamsters away from my alliance!!!

I know exactly what a furry is. I do not however understand their thought process. It's not my job neither it is in my interests. I'll leave that to psychologists/ psychiatrists.

We do not need complex reasons to disregard Vulpera as an allied race. It's quite simple. They're a worthless addition to the Horde or even for the alliance. They have no military strength.

They're powerless creatures without any value. The problem here is that they're powerless creatures that you want to play as because they have fur and you find them cute. Horde isn't a faction of cute. We don't need a pet allied race. We want and need military might or cultural/technological prowess, which Vulpera has neither.

I completely and utterly dislike the idea of such a worthless addition to the mighty horde.
    Your approval is not required.

I don't like 80% of my raid being Blood Elves but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Horde is a faction of whatever appeals to Blizzard/players. Even if you don’t like it, the thought of Vulpera being an allied race is immensely popular amount the WoW playerbase.

I personally would love to have them added to the Horde.
    World of Warcraft isn't your personal fairy tale.

World of Warcraft isn't your personal fairy tale.
    Nor is it yours. Blizzard can add whatever they want.