Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    No. It will have shop crap though, I guarantee it, not at launch but it will come later.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Also, you have to remember, gold was not rampant in vanilla.
    It wasn't back in the day, but the current generation of hardcore Vanilla players literally run global timers for Black Lotus spawns. People know how to actually farm gold now.

Trust me when I say that the economy of WoW Classic will be extremely different from that of Retail Vanilla. Enjoy paying 3g per stack of Silk Cloth.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Bro I was buying gold 24/7. So were 8-9 other people in my guild. You underestimate how much of an impact gold sellers had. Its a multi, multi million dollar industry man lol.

Also, you have to remember, gold was not rampant in vanilla. Hell, I was paying $100 for 5k gold and that was in early to mid 2006.

Gold is being made none stop even now in BFA. Sure we have inflation, but I can buy / sell at will. Im just trying to figure out the difference between buying 1.5k from a gold seller for $20 and buying a wow token for the same amount and then seling it for 1.5k. Its apples to apples, with the measure of security from not dealing with shady 3rd parties.
    Its a minute % of people compared to if blizzard offered it. Again classic is DOA if the WoW token is in, literally dead people will talk so much shit about it on social media/youtube/twitch it would be an unrecoverable error on blizzards part.

This is why i know we have nothing to worry about with classic, blizzard knows what needs to happen for it to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It wasn't back in the day, but the current generation of hardcore Vanilla players literally run global timers for Black Lotus spawns. People know how to actually farm gold now.

Trust me when I say that the economy of WoW Classic will be extremely different from that of Retail Vanilla. Enjoy paying 3g per stack of Silk Cloth.
    I really wish people would quit using pservers as a measure of how things will be in vanilla. pservers are horribly scripted. A lot of the spawns are screwed up or act funky. Hell some mobs don't fight back. A LOT of the gathering nodes are wonky as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Its a minute % of people compared to if blizzard offered it. Again classic is DOA if the WoW token is in, literally dead people will talk so much shit about it on social media/youtube/twitch it would be an unrecoverable error on blizzards part.

This is why i know we have nothing to worry about with classic, blizzard knows what needs to happen for it to be successful.
    As long as they stop the gold farmers, we will be golden. If gold farmers are present, which they more than likely will be (go look at any gold selling site), i'll take the lesser of two evils.
    Last edited by Tonkaden; 2018-10-31 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish people would quit using pservers as a measure of how things will be in vanilla. pservers are horribly scripted. A lot of the spawns are screwed up or act funky. Hell some mobs don't fight back. A LOT of the gathering nodes are wonky as hell.
    Doesn't do anything to dispute the fact that people are on point with spawn timers and will be on WoW Classic as well. Doesn't matter how long those timers are, the nodes will be up for 5m max. before gatherers running routes are on top of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    First Token is not P2W
    Yes, yes it is.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Doesn't do anything to dispute the fact that people are on point with spawn timers and will be on WoW Classic as well. Doesn't matter how long those timers are, the nodes will be up for 5m max.
    You act like people werent doing this in vanilla though. You are operating under the assumption that timing spawns is something new and never been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Its running on base patch 7.3.5, there are far more tools to combat gold sellers than there was in vanilla.

Also i edited out the economy ruining part because neither scenario are exactly true, its more about "ruining the experience". Blizzard isnt going to promote that, even if that means losing out on some profit.
    Well if they do have it combated I dont see why its needed, but even tho i only plan on dabbling in Classic when I have nothing to do I dont want to get spammed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You act like people werent doing this in vanilla though. You are operating under the assumption that timing spawns is something new and never been done before.
    Timing spawns is vastly more widespread nowadays, and in Vanilla most people really didn't know how to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Yes, yes it is.
    Uh what? Tokens win you what exactly? Please explain.

If you put in real money and get in-game benefit it is a pay-to-win mechanic. Buying gold is one of the oldest and most traditional P2W mechanics added in games that no amount of white-knighting will change. By buying gold you can remove many obstacles of the game others have to go through and ease your gameplay considerably.

I know, I know, now we come to the moving goalpost some apologists tend to employ and by the end of it we'll end up with "It's not pay to win until you can literally buy Game Finished screen".

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    If classic shares subscription with retail, then yes. But only in the sense that you get retail gold in exchange, not classic gold. That would be my guess

People have different P2W definitions, most people who say that token are not P2W define it as paying real money to get power you couldn't get another way ingame.

But at the very least you buy time with token. In classic you had to farm one hour if you wanted to progress raid one hour. Even if you of course could farm every consumable yourself, you really had to nolife the game to be able to progress raid 5 nights a week. Throwing real money at the game won you to not burn out.

First of all, it's likely going to take months for the economy to stabilize, these are fresh servers we are talking about here. Second, imagine the disadvantage you would be at buying tokens, hell that's if you could even sell them. A large portion of the player base is going to have readjust their thinking when it comes to prices.

Good luck making enough to sustain a token while not losing money constantly.
    Token in classic would be pay2lose.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I have to agree with this. Allowing tokens to be sold on the Classic servers would absolutely destroy the economy. Gold was actually RARE back then, spending 1,000g on something actually meant something. Being allowed to buy and sell tokens on classic would mean everyone could get gold capped for $20. RIP AH at that point. Who wants to pay 214k (the vanilla gold cap) for an arcanite bar?
    Well, the token would be adjusted to the value of the vanilla server gp

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What are you winning?
    You do understand that is retarded AF response, makes you look stupid and can be applied to literally every single P2W scheme that doesn't outright hand you a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changes, additions, whatever for Classic WoW go in the megathread for that purpose.

Closing.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nge-Discussion
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."