It's interesting that Legendaries works in Timewalking runs, it brings back memories of just shooting orbs and not having to rely on Evocation for mana with Legendary Pants. (I also miss Mark of Aluneth, how Ebonbolt, Pheonix Flames, but not Mark made it into BFA confuses me)

Which brings up this topic, as an Arcane Mage player would you like to see at least these two Legendaries somehow being incorporated into the spec somehow either baseline or a talent choice?

I think if Arcane Orb was made baseline, then the talent choice instead could be the Legendary Shoulder proc in its place, chance to shoot an additional Arcane Orb by 10% per Arcane Charge, or an idea a chance for Barrage to reset the current cooldown on Arcane Orb think would be cool. Even if proc chance was 20% (instead of 40% at 4 Charges) I think would be a decent talent.

Also is it me or has almost every Arcane Trait been nerfed in either pvp/pve. Arcane Barrage Trait nerfed in pvp, Arcane Blast trait also nerfed for pvp, Arcane Missile Trait nerfed in pvp, Arcane Explosion Trait nerfed in pve, Evocation Trait nerfed in pve. I understand they want balance but it's crazy that almost every hotfix has been nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf, but nothing at least for mana management or anything to change the boring gameplay that is Arcane Mage.

I still think the Mana Shield nerf was a bit too extreme, especially if you spec into the trait which boosts the health of Prismatic Barrier in end to drain that much more mana. I think 100% mana drain would work instead of 150%. Cause now its a dead talent where it costs 3000 mana, absorbs about 26,000, so now it costs 42,000 mana for one shield. I know they don't want the shield to be spammable, I think a simpler solution will be reducing the cooldown to 8 seconds instead of 24 with Mana Shield selected as a trait.

Also if Familiar was possibly made baseline, and replaced with Legendary Pants returning 3% mana would be cool, I think Amplification should shoot out 2 additional missiles because right now in most single target fights Arcane Blast does 74% main damage while Missiles goes between 8-9% overall damage.

If they made Legendary pants into the spec, maybe can remove Arcane Explosion from Clearcasting to only affect Missiles.

A fun idea if Frostjaw (1.5 sec cast, 4sec silence/root) came back as an Arcane only talent for pvp would be fun as hell XD

These are just ideas, and I know Arcane is doing alright overall, just would like to see gameplay changes to spice up the spec a little more.