Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramml View Post
    The thing is run was very smooth, road to last boss was the time when insults hit him and he instantly left.
    So whatever the reason I leave or he left is okay. He got insulted by some scum, I would leave too as I don't play games to deal with some online trash. Sadly some people got involved, but again, zero tolerance for ingame harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    So whatever the reason I leave or he left is okay. He got insulted by some scum, I would leave too as I don't play games to deal with some online trash. Sadly some people got involved, but again, zero tolerance for ingame harassment.
    That brings back my point - if u can't report, ignore and move on, i will blame more person who left.

Tank shouldnt have left, just put the two rude people on ignore and finish. Cos the other two non toxic people got punished for no reason. Lesson is dont abuse people until after the run

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Tank shouldnt have left, just put the two rude people on ignore and finish. Cos the other two non toxic people got punished for no reason. Lesson is dont abuse people until after the run

I agree, if toxic person wants to talk shit, he should wait until the end of the run. Hopefully he would overthink his words and won't say anything insulting.

Deleted
    I would have left as well. Why help out the cocks getting their reward when they insult and fuck with me. You just don't insult tank or heal, because this outcome, even when they suck. A tank is the most important player in a dungeon and to even tank a +9 he must have skills and knowledge and pratice. Way more thatn a DD requires. This is to be respected, even if mistakes are made. If one doesn't he shall get nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourfiftyms View Post
    lol @ everyone saying you should ban toxic players

you should also ban bad players and just let the game play between top 250 guilds and 2.4+ arena and 2.7+ rbg players

if bad people aren't told what they're doing is wrong they will stay bad forever

so many people are content to be dogshit at this game (this also extends beyond the game) because we should accept everyone
    lol @ not banning anyone because wtf kind of disgrace is that dogshit

Insults aren't much for teaching.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were one of those two people I would never blame the person who left, I'd blame the person who caused the issue by insulting another player in the middle of a run. Expectations in other group members go out the window if they're receiving abuse, I'd fully understand if they wanted to leave because of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    So, the other side of the issue here is what happens to those who leave because they are in an abusive group? What happens to the dps that doesn't get heals for unavoidable damage because the healer refuses to heal that person for whatever reason (happened to me because the healer literally refused to heal Nightborne...basically taking RPG way over-the-top)? That person would also be punished despite leaving for good reason.

This is the problem with simplistic black and white penalties; they ignore the complexities of reality where there are a lot of factors that need to be considered.

7+ Year Old Account
    and move on
    Part of moving on is "meh not in the mood anymore, bye"
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

uh the tank should not be punished the people insulting the tank should be imo.... The tank didn't want to deal with idiots so left.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Just a quick question - OP what did you do when the insults started happening? Did you say something? Did you try to defend the tank in any way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourfiftyms View Post
    lol @ everyone saying you should ban toxic players

you should also ban bad players and just let the game play between top 250 guilds and 2.4+ arena and 2.7+ rbg players

if bad people aren't told what they're doing is wrong they will stay bad forever

so many people are content to be dogshit at this game (this also extends beyond the game) because we should accept everyone
    There is a difference between insulting someone (i.e. being toxic) and giving constructive feedback. Most internet kiddos in the safety of internet anonymity unfortuantely have become so arrogant as to not knowing the difference any more.

Calling someone an idiot will in no way enable that person to become better. It just makes them angry. Maybe when you grow up a bit, you'll understand the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Just a quick question - OP what did you do when the insults started happening? Did you say something? Did you try to defend the tank in any way?
    As i said it happened really fast. Rogue wanted to shroud, tank pulled, rogue started insulting, i threw some aoe skills, i wrote "np, just go shroud next pack", rogues friend joined with insults, tank left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue and friend at fault here. What if the tank just didn't read party chat?

While I do think it is petty of the tank to leave like that, the rogue and his friend only have themselves to blame.

Sometimes runs fall apart, part of the game.

When i pug, i expect meeting toxic people and i'm ready for not giving a fuck about their words, if u are not ready for it or as u said u don't want to deal with them, then please don't. If u are not ready to meet toxic players and u leave upon first notice of insulting u are the problem in my opinion. (Not meaning particularly you just in general)

In no way i am defending toxic people now, don't get me wrong. Toxic people are a big problem in this game but u also have all means to just skip toxic people and play with friends or guildies. Yes i could have done that too, but as i said I EXPECT meeting toxic people from time to time and i just report them and move on - they don't deserve more of my attention than filing a report.
    "I'm defending toxic, but I don't defend toxic."

What incentive does that tank have to finish? You need them, they don't need you. That tank could've been in another group within 1-10 seconds.

Your thinking is all sorts of fucked up, and frankly, you're part of the problem, if you think that being in supporting/tolerating toxic groups is the way it should be.

As i said it happened really fast. Rogue wanted to shroud, tank pulled, rogue started insulting, i threw some aoe skills, i wrote "np, just go shroud next pack", rogues friend joined with insults, tank left.
    Well, it's good that you at least tried to say something.

Sadly, in a lot of cases what happens is that someone starts insulting another player and the rest of the group just sits there and says nothing, which is basically giving a "silent permission" for the toxic behavior. I think that if people started to talk back to the a**hats and showed them that their behavior is not accepted, at least some of them would shut up and keep their toxic crap to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    "I'm defending toxic, but I don't defend toxic."

What incentive does that tank have to finish? You need them, they don't need you. That tank could've been in another group within 1-10 seconds.

Your thinking is all sorts of fucked up, and frankly, you're part of the problem, if you think that being in supporting/tolerating toxic groups is the way it should be.
    So if i'm being realistic and expect to meet toxic people then i am supporting the behaviour?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Well, it's good that you at least tried to say something.

Sadly, in a lot of cases what happens is that someone starts insulting another player and the rest of the group just sits there and says nothing, which is basically giving a "silent permission" for the toxic behavior. I think that if people started to talk back to the a**hats and showed them that their behavior is not accepted, at least some of them would shut up and keep their toxic crap to themselves.
    Usual stuff i say during someones insults is something like: "relax", "don't worry, let's move one", "we all want to finish the key". I never start a fight with the dude insulting because it brings nowhere - either the insulter leaves or someone else leaves so it's better if everyone just moves on from the problem and focus on getting the dungeon finished.

The ignore list needs to be extended, its too small

Quote Originally Posted by Tamurello View Post
    The ignore list needs to be extended, its too small
    That's the spirit

Deleted
    Make it 3 items, 4 if in time.
    Those races against time are already stressful enough, more so with 5 total randoms lol. It nourishes toxic behaviour because people are on their toes and not "that much" in control of what they´re saying etc.

Again, 3 items, 4 in time. Would reduce some of the toxicity.