Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Master Assassin.

Can someone help me with the best strategy when using the Master Assassin talent? I have been searching on Icy-veins, Wowhead, Ravenholdt etc. but they are all just giving the same standard information on the most common build right now using Subterfuge.

With Master Assassin what do you do:

1) On the opener for ST and AOE. I can't imagine that you're able to use an Envenom unless you also picked Marked for Death.

2) After using Vanish. Here I would imagine that you at least would use 1 Envenom. But what about Toxic Blade for example. Which is the most optimal way to utilize the crit window after vanish?

I can see from the guides and logs that Subterfuge is still the go to talent. So please don't waste time and effort to tell me that. I'm still curious about the Master Assassin talent and if you think that is stupid, please just ignore this thread.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-09-29 at 08:03 AM.

www.ravenholdt.net has the answers you're looking for.

Nevermind, it does not. Apparently Master Assassin isn't good compared to Subterfuge. Interesting, i wasn't aware of this(only play Outlaw).

My question is, why are trying to make Master Assassin work when Subterfuge is that much better?

It's kinda like trying to use Killing Spree during Legion as Outlaw.
    Last edited by Sephiroso; 2018-09-29 at 12:56 AM.

As of now, Master Assassin just isn't worth it for assassination. It only lasts three seconds, and only gives 50% crit. Most people will not have their crit levels high enough to make that 50% worth it, and subter just offers a much more consistent opener. Moreover, it has synergy with the shrouded suffocation trait, which is still quite strong even after the nerfs it has received. Maybe Master Assassin will get buffed as time goes on, or maybe there will be a trait that will have great synergy with right, but as of now, subterfuge simply outclasses it in pretty much every situation.

well from what I've learned running with master assassin I think the best way to use it is to click on tome of the tranquil mind, and then swap it out to subterfuge.

(seriously though it's worthless for assa, by the time you get your dots up it expires, it shouldve been a sub talent but blizzard hates sub)

if you're desperate to make it work

take hidden blades and toxic blade

and then use the extra crit to boost your FoK dmg and a 5 cp envenom.

but really there's not much point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    www.ravenholdt.net has the answers you're looking for.

Nevermind, it does not. Apparently Master Assassin isn't good compared to Subterfuge. Interesting, i wasn't aware of this(only play Outlaw).

My question is, why are trying to make Master Assassin work when Subterfuge is that much better?

It's kinda like trying to use Killing Spree during Legion as Outlaw.
    I got curious about Master Assassin because I started to sim a little higher with that talent compared to Subterfuge (not much though). In combination with this I also like to use different talents as long as they are somewhat viable (and my sims tell me that Master Assassin are viable). But then the problem for me is that I can't find any guides on how to use it optimally.

Deleted
    Why do People just talk nonsense without gatering at least the tiniest bit of Information? Cmon guys, you gotta help

MA is simmed as the best Talent at a certain gear-level - so it might be an Option to consider which is not "Haha use tome".

Ravenholdt guides are good but I for myself find them kind of shallow in their Depth. Nothing About the "really important tricks"

Master Assassin is used in FoK spam RBG build. You basically pick up the FoK talent from last tier, FoK pvp talent, and as many FoK azerite as you could find (at least one).

All you do is spam FoK and rupture ppl as fit. Throw down a smoke bomb or two when called for. The aoe damage coming from this build is absurd, you are basically guaranteed first place in the damage leaderboard unless there are other rogues doing the same thing.

3 Rogues in top 10 are using Master Assassin:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...tion&boss=2144

But it doesn't seem like they are doing anything on the opener to utilize it. Only on Vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    3 Rogues in top 10 are using Master Assassin:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...tion&boss=2144

But it doesn't seem like they are doing anything on the opener to utilize it. Only on Vanish.
    yeah, rogues without shrouded suffocation

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    yeah, rogues without shrouded suffocation
    Yes, definitely. But still pretty good damage. Seems viable at least. Subterfuge is still the go to talent, but I think it is fair to start practicing using Master Assassin.

Can someone please share their opener with Master Assassin?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Yes, definitely. But still pretty good damage. Seems viable at least. Subterfuge is still the go to talent, but I think it is fair to start practicing using Master Assassin.

Can someone please share their opener with Master Assassin?
    It probably would be very similar to what assassin’s opener was with leggo shoulders. Open with garrote, mut into a rupture, vendetta into toxic blade, build to 5 CPs, vanish envenom, and then just mut into envenom inside that crit window.
    Last edited by Varolyn; 2018-10-01 at 12:04 AM.

Came here to shittalk the Master Assassin talent.

3 seconds of 50% crit is just not fucking worth it. It'll maybe get better later in the expansion when haste and crit get higher, but for right now it's pretty bad.

isnt the bis talent for st?
    actually i sim more with double dose and master assassin than subterfuge and shrouded suffocation

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    It probably would be very similar to what assassin’s opener was with leggo shoulders. Open with garrote, mut into a rupture, vendetta into toxic blade, build to 5 CPs, vanish envenom, and then just mut into envenom inside that crit window.
    Thanks mate. I have also been doing it like this but it’s great to get some confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I have been wondering what would be different between
    That garrote > mut > rupture > vendetta
    I usually don't toxic blade first because I want the full 5 cp.

I have also had a lot of openers where I did toxic blade to have to use extra muts to go up from 3>5 cp because of no crits.

I started tooling with the idea of getting that 5 cp the envenpm > building up another 5 > (arcane torrent)> vanish waiting for my energy to get close to full to benefit from the criteria buff.

I feel like I butchered the explanation, but the timing left on toxic blade manages to line up okay from the evenom out of stealth > mut envenom spam.

I have also tried to be more aware on clipping both garrote and rupture like 2 seconds before the agi potion wears off.

Poison bomb lottery help me but I've seen it range around 20 -25k DPS opener

I have a lot of crit /haste from pieces + origination buff
    Maybe around 28.5%crit not in uldir and 13-16% haste.

Is the crit buff energy pooling viable on any level ? I know about the missed autos / poison procs just curious.

Opener with MA is: Garrote > Mut > Rupture > Vendetta > Vanish > TB > Mut > Envenom.

Try to save TB for when Vanish is coming off CD, Vanish > TB > Envenom

Depending on your setup MA may sim better for you than subterfuge (it does for me). You just want to treat it like a mini version of the MA shoulders that is less reliable. In the opener you get you bleeds up, mut to 3-5 CP depending on how lucky you get, then Vendetta - Vanish/TB - Envenom - Mut to Envenom and repeat. After opener get to max CP with Toxic Blade active and Vendetta up and vanish-envenom-mut-envenom.

People may like to trash talk it but if it sims better for you do give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluren View Post
    Opener with MA is: Garrote > Mut > Rupture > Vendetta > Vanish > TB > Mut > Envenom.

Try to save TB for when Vanish is coming off CD, Vanish > TB > Envenom
    It's better to Mut before TB.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    It's better to Mut before TB.
    Not if you're using Double Dose, TB buff increases the extra poison damage from the trait.

Deleted
    Could it be procs like reorigination array that is bringing MA into a more guaranteed crit range for envenoms and such?
    Feels like you don't get many windows to use it, so if you don't actually crit it's going to be quite costly.