Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Thats also not counting mages, who spellsteal and then gain the benefit of the buff to kite said paladin after re-applying snares.

People in this thread seem to miss the point that no self-respecting paladin even agrees with this change, its broken for various reasons, and doesn't solve our one concern about Divine Steed: being entirely useless as a gap closing mechanic without using another skill/GCD to break snares applied.

I'd rather have a built in Freedom for 2 seconds of steed over this mess.
    I'm not sure why I didn't say mages when I thought mage too.

But yeah.

This won't do much for their mobility, when do you ever need 8 seconds of 100% movement speed?

Also we still have garbage AoE.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decho View Post
    So you acknowledge it makes Paladins more powerful yet it somehow does not at the same time?
    Yes, it makes us more powerful in situations where we already don't have any trouble, and does absolutely nothing to fix our actual problem, which is getting shit on any time anyone with a dispel looks at us funny.

Okay, what about bubble + steed + steed?
    Bubble is a 5 minute cooldown, if you're getting a Paladin to blow a 5 min CD to remove snares you've already won.

What if I'm a no dispell class?
    Then you're fucked, and that's not right... I don't like this mobility, I want something more balanced, that isn't OP in any situation, like Emancipate+PoJ.

I'm sorry for been blunt but anyone trying to defend this change needs to quite literally get off the high horse, pun intended, yet serious all the same.
    I'm not trying to defend this change, I'm declaring it fucking stupid as loudly as I can... I don't want this, it makes us even stronger in situations where we're already strong and does nothing to stop us being completely shut down by a single dispel every 25 seconds.

Paladins with this change are a plate wearing class that have better mobility than a lot of others.
    False, warriors still have better mobility. Double charge and leap, none of which have any counters that stop them from functioning.

What I want is for them to delete Steed entirely and for us to go back to the "slow and steady" mobility we had for the first 12 years of WoW... A passive run speed buff, and a reliable way to remove snares that isn't destroyed by dispels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    Good thing every class has one of those, no wait, its two or 3 out of 11.
    Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock, DH, Hunter. So, over half the classes, plus BE racial.

Also.. the gcd so thats: Dispel, wait 1.5 seconds, Re apply snare, wait 1.5 seconds
    How is this relevant if we still didn't close the gap? We use a 25s CD and a 45s CD and still don't accomplish what a Warrior would get with a single 17s CD.

and extra 1.5 seconds in there somewhere else since they have the initiative you have to use some kind of gap closer yourself
    Not unless they are already really close to you, which would only happen if you let them ride up on you on their normal mount without bothering to snare them before they got to you.

Also divine shield cant be dispelled by anything but mass dispel. Which is known by a whole one class.
    It's also a 5 min CD, do you people think we can just cast this whenever the fuck we please?

This change is very strange because despite paladin whining they actually have decent mobility already.
    No we don't, we currently (before this buff) have the worst mobility out of any melee in the game, verifiably.

Giving them massively superior sprint is just dumb.
    Something we agree on. I'd much rather they removed steed entirely and gave us back the unique mobility we had for the first 12 years of WoW.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-09-29 at 08:49 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Contender Saverem View Post
    They are literally more mobile than Rogues with that change. Rogue Sprint is 70% speed for 8s on TWO MIN CD and one charge.

Rets getting double 100% 8s speed sprints on 45s CD, 30% speed and immunity to snares/roots every 25s, ranged 70% snare every 30s, ranged stun on 40ish sec CD.

If anything Rets needed a NERF in PvP, not a buff.
    Steed does nothing in pvp w/o freedom. Good players purge freedom and continue to kite Paladins easily. 8s on steed won’t change that. I saw a prot paladin steed up in a bg yesterday and started to laugh so hard b/c he went no where. Ret mobility is trash, and they r not op. Ez to kite and cc. That’s always been rets weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Contender Saverem View Post
    Do Rets even have any weakness now? This is bullshit of the highest order and better not make it to live without either making it apply Forebearance or nerfing their Snare or BoF by a lot to compensate.
    magic damage, but watch they'll make it a 3min CD.
    i'd rather they just make cavalier baseline and reduce the CD.

At this point they should remove Divine Steed and give us back Speed of Light as baseline instead. The instant combat-horse never felt right to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=30449/spellsteal

And there's more i can link to.

You wont win this argument

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=30449/spellsteal

And there's more i can link to.

You wont win this argument
    I mean. I already did.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to claim something is overpowered when examining it in a vacuum. There are multiple things to consider, starting with the toolkit as a whole.

The current prevalence of Mages, Priests and Shamans greatly affects Ret's effectiveness. Also, DH dispel can be devastating, depending on the Ret's teammates (how much dispel protection they have).

Edit: Bring back snare dispel for Ret please.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2018-10-01 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    False, warriors still have better mobility. Double charge and leap, none of which have any counters that stop them from functioning.

How is this relevant if we still didn't close the gap? We use a 25s CD and a 45s CD and still don't accomplish what a Warrior would get with a single 17s CD.
    Warriors don't take Double charge, we need stormbolt (but you have a better stun baseline, don't you?).
    Warriors don't have a single healing spell. My recount shows 0, ZERO.
    Warriors don't have good defensive CDs.

So you want a gap closer, like warriors do? Be ready to give up 2 of the 3 things above then.

Ps. this come from a Warrior main AND Ret alt

Deleted
    well that's the first time I've seen someone complaining about ret mobility being too good in BFA, wow.

I'm sorry if some already stated this but on the Paladin forums we figured out that this is a bug that has already been hotfixed on the PTR, 8 sec Divine Steed was not intended. That being said, Ret mobility is sadistically bad, and should be improved, even if burst or something has to be nerfed.