Thread: 8.1 bolvar VO

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

8.1 bolvar VO

While listening to Bolvar in 8.1 speech seems that they didnt reuse the VO from Legion which is unfortunate. This new voice im not a fan of like the previous one. Whats your opinion about the new VO?

It's a voice. Nothing more, nothing less.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    It's a voice. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Maybe just a voice but to me and poosibly others it doesn’t fit character the voice is portraying.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Maybe just a voice but to me and poosibly others it doesn’t fit character the voice is portraying.
    And yet no one else seems to have commented. Again, just a change in voice acting. The only time I ever remember a voice change pissing people off was when Genie was not portrayed by Robin Williams in Aladdin 2. Otherwise I think people are more concered about the writing, and less about the actor.

ye its not the same VO that voiced the LK before

And yet no one else seems to have commented. Again, just a change in voice acting. The only time I ever remember a voice change pissing people off was when Genie was not portrayed by Robin Williams in Aladdin 2. Otherwise I think people are more concered about the writing, and less about the actor.
    That may be true, but some people care about voices too. Pretty sure there's a few angry threads about the change in male belf voice when he says 'for the Horde' for example. I myself have a few favorites (for example Lorthemar's current voice actor) and wouldn't like it if they changed it, so I can get where the OP is coming from.

I really don't understand why people feel the need to tell others that their complaint is pointless. If it is, it won't get answers and that's that, dissing something doesn't contribute to anything.

He never should've had the same voice as Arthas's LK. This one sounds more like OG Bolvar with the LK effect, it's perfectly fine.

This one isn't as menacing - I preferred the original VO.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's better.

The old voice, and even Arthas' Lich King voice in WoW sounded like mumble. Bolvar's 8.1 voice is understandable - the old one sounded like Paw Rugg:

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    That may be true, but some people care about voices too. Pretty sure there's a few angry threads about the change in male belf voice when he says 'for the Horde' for example. I myself have a few favorites (for example Lorthemar's current voice actor) and wouldn't like it if they changed it, so I can get where the OP is coming from.

I really don't understand why people feel the need to tell others that their complaint is pointless. If it is, it won't get answers and that's that, dissing something doesn't contribute to anything.
    Funny thing about opinions... everyone is entitled to theirs. I was neither mean, nor callass. I did not insult the OP, nor mock them. I simply expressed my opinion. And I stand by what I have posted thus far. It is only a voice, and this thread is hardly abuzz with sour grapes about the voice change. Just another case of a voice actor being replaced.

Haven't heard it, but surely it isn't as bad as WotLK Lich King vs Vanilla/TFT Ending Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but this is total horseshit. A voice actor is as much a part of a character as the writing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you werent there in wrath.. when they gave sylvanas this horrible voice actor we have today.. The warcraft 3 voice was sooo much better up until wotlk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's better.

The old voice, and even Arthas' Lich King voice in WoW sounded like mumble. Bolvar's 8.1 voice is understandable - the old one sounded like Paw Rugg:

The one before that was the best lich king voice. The vanilla naxx one was the coolest.

It sounds like the new LK voice got the infinite dragonflight voice effect, sounds really off to me

And yet no one else seems to have commented.
    Plenty of people on the original VO thread.

And Voice is very important.

Deleted
    If you listen to the voice in 8.1 it resembles the voice of Bolvar in the ending cinematic for Wrath of the Lich King before he became entombed into ice.

So this new voice could be either them having plans for the future with Bolvar or.... AND I really hope this is the case... Bolvar is out and moving and that explains the change in his voice!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I guess you werent there in wrath.. when they gave sylvanas this horrible voice actor we have today.. The warcraft 3 voice was sooo much better up until wotlk
    I played since the dark portal opened, but opinions are not facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Plenty of people on the original VO thread.

And Voice is very important.
    I'm sure it is to certain people

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to say but the new Arthas voice is BAD compared to the WC3 one. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Sorry to say but the new Arthas voice is BAD compared to the WC3 one. >_>
    Again, a personal opinion. But everyone is entitled to theirs. Personally, I didn't even notice the difference between Arthas LK and Bolvar LK. Makes little difference to me.

Not sure why people expected it to sound exactly like Arthas. He doesn't look like Arthas, and Bolvar isn't Arthas. Why would he sound like LK Arthas? He *should* sound different.