Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Lolwarrior View Post
    In the simplistic mind of the Blizzard dev at Blizzcon going 'WE DUN NOE WHO DID IT BUT LULZ IT'S BURNIN' then 'ya actually it was Sylvanas AND the majority of the night elf race died with the tree' was the 'twist'. And enough dingbats on this forum were going so far as to say Genn or Jaina burned it, to old gods, to Azshara to the funniest one of all come from the people here unironically saying cause lmao, these forums. holy crap the stupid comes in tidal waves.
    I cannot believe people actually put stock in the corrupted Teldrassil and false flag theories. Granted, I also can't believe they still haven't learned their lesson.

Deleted
    I'd rather get a shit story but good gameplay/systems than an amazing story and azerite gear, lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I cannot believe people actually put stock in the corrupted Teldrassil and false flag theories. Granted, I also can't believe they still haven't learned their lesson.
    People still have faith in blizzard to write a good story, or at least not enrage and anger a large swath of their game's fanbase for the benefit of bragging rights to the other. But clearly that isn't the case. I love the night elf fans who are looking forward to a 'new home' in Gilneas, Duskwood, or Valsharah and love the Alliance and 'strong development' they think they will get by being ousted losers who can't even keep their own land. They are a pathetic sad lot.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's MoP 0.5 because unlike mop , gameplay is shit.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Or, you know, it's not that dramatic and they are the enemy and deserve to die because they have killed thousands of Hordies and will continue to do so.
    no they haven't. but now they should. Genocide should be returned with genocide. Anything less would reek of Anduin's filth and the pretentious prattle of the Draenei who were too weak to do it in the MU, but actually had the spine to do it in the AU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceOmikron View Post
    It's certainly far, far better than people saying that BFA is WoD 2.0 *shudder*
    I think it's more an insult, relating to the attempts to tell a story, rather than a "content to content" comparison.

As for the Warlords 2.0 insult...

I get what people are saying. I don't think it's fair, but there are some deeply worrying similarities in design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Or, you know, it's not that dramatic and they are the enemy and deserve to die because they have killed thousands of Hordies and will continue to do so.
    Nice job at shifting goalposts there. Whether or not Teldrassil is justified is irrelevant, what matter is that they said there'd be a twist. There wasn't.

Why are you still giving them credibility on this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Night Lolwarrior View Post
    People still have faith in blizzard to write a good story, or at least not enrage and anger a large swath of their game's fanbase for the benefit of bragging rights to the other. But clearly that isn't the case. I love the night elf fans who are looking forward to a 'new home' in Gilneas, Duskwood, or Valsharah and love the Alliance and 'strong development' they think they will get by being ousted losers who can't even keep their own land. They are a pathetic sad lot.
    The Night Elves re-establishing themselves in Hyjal, or Feralas wouldn't be completely terrible. Why anyone's excited about the prospect of large-scale pumpkin farms in Duskwood or Gilneas is beyond me, though.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Night Elves re-establishing themselves in Hyjal, or Feralas wouldn't be completely terrible. Why anyone's excited about the prospect of large-scale pumpkin farms in Duskwood or Gilneas is beyond me, though.
    They can re-establish themselves in a ditch for all I care. I'm tired of their lore, their failures, and their shitsucking. And I'm really tired of too many of their fanbase just licking windows at the 'good news' like this joke status lore and 8.1 story

Deleted
    Some differences.

-Theramore made sense and was justified. Teldrasil wasn't
    - Vol jin has many reasons to hate Garrosh

Ion Hazziskostas “It will seem like Sylvanas burned the tree.”
    Sylvanas: “Burn it. BURN IT!!”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    It’s gonna be funny when BFAs story actually turns out to be different from the MoP story and all these threads as usual were a complete over reaction to datamined information.

I wouldn’t put it past blizz to pull the same card out of a different colored hat but I don’t think this will be the case here. I actually have enjoyed the story so far (alliance side, haven’t done anything on horde yet) but regardless of that I highly doubt they’ll kill Sylvanas off like they did Garrosh or make us raid a horde city.

Raiding Zandalar isn’t raiding a horde city either. Zandalari aren’t in the horde at this point and it doesn’t belong to the horde at all. It’s raiding the Zandalari city which then brings them into the horde, so it’s not “another horde city omg!!!”.

Regardless though, I think people are over reacting. I see the parallels people are drawing (saurfang assassination attempt and revolution, sylvanas doing very bad things, etc) however the main difference is that she hasn’t actually hurt her people they just disagree with what she’s doing. Garrosh slaughtered any race that wasn’t part of the “true horde” including other orcs. Only thing she’s done is kill forsaken who she believed to be defecting. She wants to conquer the alliance but hasn’t hurt the horde through her endeavors which is different from Garrosh and a fairly huge difference as well.

At the most, I could see her being “removed” from the throne by saurfang but that’s about it. I wouldn’t really like this as it’s a pretty boring ending but we’ll see. She definitely won’t die.
    Alex Afrasiabi is that you?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

"Saurfang doesn’t like Sylvanas for no reason"

Triggering his PTSD of events done under the corruption of actual demons with the most horrific thing the horde has ever done is "no reason"? Good to know.

Though Vol'jin didn't react negatively "for no reason" either, using evil magic to flesh-shape an army of warriors, despite that being both twisted and stupid given what happened the last time that was attempted, so your point of "this is still too much like MOP" still stands, in a double-negative sort of way.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-09-29 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Ion Hazziskostas “It will seem like Sylvanas burned the tree.”
    Sylvanas: “Burn it. BURN IT!!”

- - - Updated - - -

Alex Afrasiabi is that you?
    Guess you didn’t read the post. Wouldn’t expect it from someone who screams and cries about the WoW story this much.

Tbh I never thought any expansions story arcs were good. BC was a complete mess and they ruined 2 characters that were favorites of mine from WC. Wrath had the Lich king following us around doing the Saturday night villain routine (you’ll never win!! I can kill you any time I want!) just to get killed on his own throne, Cata was even worse and was basically the same thing (DW yells about how he’s the best and will destroy everything), etc.

So, I don’t put much effort into liking storylines. Aside from single player games there hasn’t been any story I’ve actually been super intrigued by. I’m hyped by WoWs story because I like how it leads into raids and provides more lore for older characters (Jaina for example) but I’d never get invested in it.

Maybe I don’t see what you see but to me this looks different from MoP. Of course there are some similarities, there’s some similarities to WoTLK as well (sacking undercity). However, most of the horde leaders seem to support sylvanas. They might disagree with some of her decisions but they support the warchief either way.

Baine is the only one showing any actual concern post Zuldazar and everyone knows what he says doesn’t matter. He doesn’t do anything and never will. He’ll express disbelief and concern but won’t act on it until someone else does. Saurfang is doing his thing and wants to do it alone so we can’t even be sure he’s “revolting”. He could just be soul searching or maybe trying to go back home to speak with other orcs. Baine hasn’t even mentioned revolting either.

Sylvanas seems to have the support of most of the horde leaders. Lor’themar mentions why he won’t revolt against her (gave her life for QT, vouched for them coming into horde), Gallywix is very horde loyal towards the end of Siege of Zuldazar, Talanji is horde loyal at the end of Siege and it’s sylvanas who consoles her after her fathers death, baine voices concern but is still doing what’s asked of him, Nathanos is loyal (not a leader but main character), etc. Vol’jin also states he supports her but is curious as to why he made her warchief.

Also, she doesn’t try to assasinate saurfang like Garrosh did with vol’jin. Not sure why people are saying that but from what I read she wanted him captured and he didn’t want to go back. Very different from assasinated.

TLDR: Just based on all of this it seems like it’s going in a different direction. She’s done questionable things but the leaders are still loyal and respect her whereas Garrosh was challenged to Mak’gora by Cairne pretty early on due to his actions.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-09-29 at 08:42 PM.

MoP's story was awful.
    You're wrong, MoP's story was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    You're wrong, MoP's story was great.
    -"My people have suffered more than any other"
    -"Da Horde be a family, bruddamon"
    -Literally all of the Trials of the High King nonsense
    -Fortune Cookie Wisdom shouted at every possible opportunity
    -Nuremberg Trials in the Temple of the White Tiger.
    -The start of time traveling Orcs.
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "Saurfang doesn’t like Sylvanas for no reason"

Triggering his PTSD of events done under the corruption of actual demons with the most horrific thing the horde has ever done is "no reason"? Good to know.

Though Vol'jin didn't react negatively "for no reason" either, using evil magic to flesh-shape an army of warriors, despite that being both twisted and stupid given what happened the last time that was attempted, so your point of "this is still too much like MOP" still stands, in a double-negative sort of way.
    He is bound to serve the Warchief. He also knew of her before she became Warchief. He dug himself in his own grave.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was the best time in WoW's timeline. SO I would be A-OK with this.

Go ahead and listen to Blizzard just as Corey, a Blizz Employee, said that 6.1 was a big patch and Ion Hazzikostas calling 6.2 one of the biggest patches released in history. Go ahead and listen to Blizz after Hellfire Citadels finale they said that WoD story wasnt finished yet with the expansion and there’s plenty more to explore and then... nothing. Don’t be surprised if 8.2.5 is the finale

- - - Updated - - -

It’s time to sell WoW to Disney. Not the Star Wars department writers but the Marvel writers.
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAA. You want Marvel to write WoW but you DONT want repeated storylines hahahahaha wut?

Also says a lot about your literacy and ability to critique writing when your first idea is ‘Disney’ hahaha keep drinking down that cool aid.

- - - Updated - - -

-"My people have suffered more than any other"
    -"Da Horde be a family, bruddamon"
    -Literally all of the Trials of the High King nonsense
    -Fortune Cookie Wisdom shouted at every possible opportunity
    -Nuremberg Trials in the Temple of the White Tiger.
    -The start of time traveling Orcs.
    etc.
    Anyone can list things they don’t like about anything, doesn’t make it true. MoP is still a great story. Even though Trials of the King were gone-deaf, you also need to remember that it was the first time wow had ever used the engine to actually explore a character and not a novel. Scenarios alone revolutionised how wow told stories in the future.

And yes, Garrosh’s trial was bullshit, but that can be squarely blamed on WoD.

I just hope we wont kill Sylvanas thats all. Wow without Sylvanas will never be the same. (and they'll remake the voices of the Forsaken ? "For the Dark Lady")

Undead running the horde...

If anyone can alert Heelzvsbabyface to Mmochampion to see the datamined text in the front page. I want to see him flip his shit and tell the blunt truth. It’s why he’s one of my favorite YTers

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the Force Awakens copying a New Hope? That is what BfA is.
    I was confused about the outrage until you said heelsvsbabyface...really?

5.1: we fumble around a bit in a PvP zone fighting while not fighting and seeking artifact of power
    8.1: alliance wrecks face killing zandalari king and overall we realize the void is making a move (datamined)

Sylvanas is stressing the horde but garrosh went full internment camp

Sylvanas will be dethroned possibly exiled but not killed

P.s. Am I the only one that realizes the "hidden" story of the expansion is the corruption of Anduin?