Poll: When should BFA end?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No. Abandoning WoD was genuinely inexcusable for Blizzard and still a huge blemish on WoW's history to this day. I don't think totally fucking something up twice is acceptable.

The game is fundamentally broken, yes, but it's within their power to fix. Many random players on forums have come up with great ideas, if Blizzard chooses to be too proud to adjust then I think it says a lot for the future of the game. This whole "We don't want to change designs too much mid-expansion" is inexcusable when they're able to create something this fundamentally broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    You can talk about the game and suggest that things get changed. Although there is no constructive feedback in your posts.
    constructive feedback has been given since the netherlight crucible. BfA alpha, beta, release... don't be surprise if the constructive feedback turned into doomsaying. and I don't see anything constructive in your post either. you advise to unsubscribe for those who don't like the game, I advise you to go play the game and stop carrying about the doomsayers! you are just whiteknighting here.... what's the worse?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Everything is set in stone as much as in WoD.

Crucible of Storms sounds like a last minute raid to introduce Azshara and Naga. An idea which they came up with last minute. The best part is they can use Crucible either way, as a filler raid or if necessary they could easily add more bosses and make it some kind of pseudo-tier raid with 5, 6 bosses.

Pretty sure it's easily doable to finish off BfA with 8.2.
    Not sure how they come up with a raid to introduce Aszhara / Naga as we already knew before bfa launch we would fight Aszhara before BFA is over.

And introduce Aszhara? Ive not even touched an alliance char beyond 114 and already have seen so many Aszhara references....

CoS being a filler raid seems fine to me. They are tidying up the story which will lead up to Aszhara / Nzoth or whatever we are doing.

But dont bring crap about introducing naga and Aszhara. Naga and Aszhara are a big part of this expansions story.

Deleted
    Are you OP a disguised investor trying to see if we would spend 45€ again in a expansion with only 2 raid tiers? You know there are better ways to get market studies than a poll in mmo-whinners?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    constructive feedback has been given since the netherlight crucible. BfA alpha, beta, release... don't be surprise if the constructive feedback turned into doomsaying. and I don't see anything constructive in your post either. you advise to unsubscribe for those who don't like the game, I advise you to go play the game and stop carrying about the doomsayers! you are just whiteknighting here.... what's the worse?
    It is not about playing the white knight.
    I do agree the game has some flaws atm. But a lot of people still like it. Others don't.

If you don't like it anymore fine.
    Stop playing and come back another day when there is a new patch or expansion.

You don't have to keep telling us that you did quit because feature x or feature y is shit.
    We all know it is not perfect.
    We all know they didn't care for beta / alpha feedback.
    We all know they messed up Azerite and they said so themselves.
    We all know islands aren't as engaging as they said.

Why are so many people focused on getting more people to quit because they did?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can. Although that wasn't the point of my post.

The direction of the game wont change drastically because of some bad feedback overall.

Ingame i can't notice this "decline".
    A lot of guilds recruiting. Groups all around for all content and a lot of people being positive.

These forums and only a handful of doomsayers on the forums claim the game is too bad and can't be played and isn't nice.

My advice to them is and will always be: if you don't enjoy the game unsubscribe.

All these posts like these aren't changing people's minds.
    Its all about opinions and what we all value or enjoy in a game.
    Why don't you go and enjoy this great game you're talking about instead of shilling for blizzard?
    If you're so happy with the game, stop posting and keep playing.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    2. Lukewarm reception of Islands and Warfronts
    Islands are a strategic investment in generative content. The technology is key to the future of WoW (and other games) and will be further developed across this and the next expansions. Warfronts is a mini-game for a specific audience. Most of the criticism comes from people for which they were not designed.
    Islands specifically has been developed since pandaria, ain't going anywhere.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Why don't you go and enjoy this great game you're talking about instead of shilling for blizzard?
    If you're so happy with the game, stop posting and keep playing.
    Same goes for you.
    Stop playing
    Stop posting

And thats it.

Deleted
    It is not about playing the white knight.
    I do agree the game has some flaws atm. But a lot of people still like it. Others don't.

If you don't like it anymore fine.
    Stop playing and come back another day when there is a new patch or expansion.

You don't have to keep telling us that you did quit because feature x or feature y is shit.
    We all know it is not perfect.
    We all know they didn't care for beta / alpha feedback.
    We all know they messed up Azerite and they said so themselves.
    We all know islands aren't as engaging as they said.

Why are so many people focused on getting more people to quit because they did?
    it's not about being focused on getting people to quit. who is doing this? me? please quote!

you are complaining about complaining. not constructive, and you called me out. apply your own advise and quit if you don't like the thread.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    it's not about being focused on getting people to quit. who is doing this? me? please quote!

you are complaining about complaining. not constructive, and you called me out. apply your own advise and quit if you don't like the thread.
    Trying to get one point accross:

It is all a matter of personal opinion.
    Whether you play currently or you don't.

But apparantly that concept is too hard to grasp for almost everyone in this thread.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same goes for you.
    Stop playing
    Stop posting

And thats it.
    So why don't you take your own suggestion and and gtfo?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

BfA should end before 8.0.

BFA should end when they told the story they wanted to tell.

1. Azerite cannot be salvaged at this point
    So what....
    2. Lukewarm reception of Islands and Warfronts
    Go do something else

3. Classes cannot be fixed this expansion
    Sure they can and are they really broken
    4. It feels like we haven't left the Legion expansion
    OK

Go get some sun and a piece of ass

Deleted
    I do agree with some of your points. The Azerite armor simply won't cut it. Its a deeply flawed system. they need to either completely rework it mid-expansion or we will be stuck with a flawed system for longer. personally, I would love it if they simply dialed the system back more. keep it, but make it irrelevant. that way it at least doesn't hurt anymore.

I disagree somewhat with islands and Warfronts. They improved Ashran over WoD, maybe they can improve on those systems as well. Right nbow they are somewhat lackluster.

Classes aren't as bad as most people make them out to be. We need better tuning, a 30% dps difference between top and worst class is unnacceptable, but that can be worked out during the expansion.

The last point is the one that really hits the nail on the head. I think most frustration with BfA is because it doesn't have enough novel elements. If you think back, TBC introduced heroic dungeons - a major new gameplay element. Wrath introduced the dungeon finder - a major new gameplay element & greatly expanded on the badges that were used to buy gear, plus Wintergrasp was a completely new concept. Cata was the first expansion that did not have major new elements - the talent tree was pruned, and it was received badly. MoP saw the advent of raid finder & pet battles as well as the farm and challenge modes. All major new gameplay elements. WoD saw the garrison, which was not exactly well received, but no other major new gameplay elements. Ashran was after Tol barad and Wintergrasp not something players looked forward to, especially with the bad implementation at the start. legion saw major new elements. M+ dungeons were the best thing that ever happened to WoW, and it overshadowed many of the problems legion had. framerate issues in Suaramar, extremely bad class balancing at the start, bugs, crashes etc were all not seen as bad because there was something new and fun to do.

BfA isn#t worse then legion. It just doesn't add anything new. At least nothing new people are exited about. M+ is improved, but its an old system. The azerite system is an old system, an evolution of the artifact weapon. The new systems are islands & warfronts. But they are both somewhat lackluster and they imply do not have the same impact/reach then say M+, dungeon finder or raid finder. BfA lacks novel, innovative new things to do. And so the flaws that this expansion has stand out even more.

And that is why I do not want blizzard to rush out the next expansion. Give us 8.1 with the new arids. (.1.5 hopefully adds another quest hub and 8.2 a new raid. If that is enough time for blizzard to develop new, novel and innovative systems for 9.0, then I'm fine with only having two raid tiers in BfA. But BfA isn't so bad. I'd rather spend 8.2.5 with another hb and 8.3 with another raid in BfA and then get another truly mind-boggling, ground-breaking expansion then getting two luke warm ones in a row.

The last thing I want is that they get boggled down with classic wow & the next expansion in dev at the same time and neither one being good.

No, I don't want another WoD were we go 8 months with the only new content being a damn store mount.

That was truly horrible.

I don't care if the systems are similar to legion. Blizzard doesn't need to reinvent the wheel every time. In fact people complain that blizzard changes so many systems every expansion and the one expansion they decided to keep what worked in, people are complaining about it.

Yes Azerite is meh. But it isn't from the BfA class design. It's from Legion's Ability prune and Class design leaking into BfA. See, at the start of Legion a lot of classes got a really bad ability prune but then bandaid over with artifacts. Yes the artifacts felt good. Yes the legendaries felt good. However it was due to how sucky the classes felt at a base level. When those things got removed, it exposed a lot of holes the WoD and Legion prunes did.

Also any one comparing the 6.1 to 8.1 needs to stop. I can see you comparing 8.1 to 6.0.5, but defiantly not 6.1. In 6.1 we got a garrison update, twitter integration, and the stupid SELFIE cam. 8.1 has more content than 6.1 by just having a new warfront in it, despite how bad warfronts are. Yes that is how much 6.1 sucked for content. That doesn't even count the 11 new raid bosses and the new scenarios.

If anything, I would wait to see how 8.2 is content wise. If 8.2 is very light on content, then I can see you calling that the 6.1.

Finally, you don't want them to stop updating BfA to get the next expansion out 'sooner'. It's not going to happen. Each expansion (on average) lasts 2 years. Even warlords, that had a whole middle raid cut out so it would get out sooner, lasted 21 months. They were only able to cut three months off the development time of Legion. Blizzard will never be able to do yearly expansions and even when they tried to do yearly expansions, they failed and the expansions lasted roughly 24 months.
    Last edited by Augrelle; 2018-09-30 at 04:04 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You think that the solution for the current game's problems is to pay once more for the current team (who made those problems) to create another xpac?

You really like to throw money at Blizzard, don't you?

I want to see at least two more World Quests Zones, and two big raids AFTER Siege of Zuldazar. Same content flow as Legion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    If they keep doing what they are doing, they will repeat the same trajectory and end up with a BFA 2.0.

Here are the first two words from what you quoted:
    You seem to labor under the delusion that this is some indie studio with one team for all their games. Blizz is likely already working on 9.0, they've said in the past that they basically start on the next expansion as soon as they wrap on the current one. Might just be white boarding and concept arting right now, but the work is in progress. That's why most people believe WoW has an A Team and a B Team.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

First of all: Ion never said this was a travesty of an expansion. All he did, if i recall correctly was the fact that AP traits shouldnt be used or work like they do.
    I.e. equip 340 ap piece with the BIS trait instead of a 370 piece with a generic trait because the 340 trait simmed 4 dps more.

All these posts without any constructive feedback and misread quotes or misunderstood info won't change the direction or design of the game.

Also:
    Mythic 0 progress? Wait what?

Personal loot works well and it removes the pug runs where people would reserve x or y item.
    Ion admitted that some systems in BFA aren't going to dramatically change such as the Azerite system and other stuff that will take another expansion to fix. (it was in one of the QnAs)

Secondly Personal loot devalues progression, you should be able to understand this. There is no fun progressing on bosses only to not receive any loot. With the old system even if the piece you wanted didn't drop you could still trade or even farm for your secondary spec/disenchant; getting nothing feels awful and as game designers on a progression style game should be able to understand that. It's all about time gating, the less loot you get the more time you spend in the game and on your subscription thus giving them more money.

Mythic 0...you know mythic dungeons without keystones, was that unclear or something?