Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    they also very clearly are not adding 4th specs. class balance is rough as it is. its not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

yup. as soon as they add pvp specs for all classes. any time now.
    Its hard for me to be on the "More specs = more complications" bandwagon when the biggest issues for balance are class based rather than spec based. For instance Rogue and Monk mobility, or utility inherent in many classes that isn't available to others.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    true, I can only speak for myself, but ever since BC. when they first introduced OP BM hunters, I've HATED being FOTM. because everyone you beat.. excuses it on the class rather than skill. but you are very right.

I just feel it filled a niche (I can't think of many of these fantasy games that use a shield offensively?, feel free to let me know if im wrong!), and whilst it would be a small player base, given some of the utterly unused talents, there is 'space'. 2H enhance was a tricky one for them because back then, in THEORY you could WF forever. proc on proc on proc etc. so a triple/quad WF hit would MELT anyone, not to mention that was back when mace spec was a thing so warriors/rogues had stun chance + the 2h maces HAD a proc stun etc.. so THAT I understand. but Gladiator wasn't doing anyone any harm. it wasn't OP. it wasn't shit weak.. that's my gripe really :P
    to be fair all they needed tk do was add the icd on wf like they have (i think) now and remove or make the stin chsnce lower I mean with Dr nowadays it's not a problem because effectively it would only really be 2 stuns. and its uncontolable

glad stance was fun and the only game at the moment I can think of that uses shields offensively is monster Hunter.

I would love 2h e.g. shammy to return but they have put too much into dual wield now to go back maybe she they eventually rework talents ( let's face it current system is shite as there's no wiggle room. just cookie cutter same as every expat.) they could add some meaningful choices

just my opinion

I was thinking about this the other day. I’d love to see it come back. It really had that warrior fantasy aesthetic to me. They could smack on some physical weakness or mitigate the armor in some way. Then again there are a couple old spec choices I’d like to see come back. Meta warlock tanks anyone?(I know they have all of their abilities to DH. I miss the model and coloration they used)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The reason for removal is very simple, it was impossible to balance a spec that took far less damage than any other dps and had the utility of being a tank. It's impossible to give a dps those and give them competitive dps, otherwise you end up in a situation where an entire raid group is filled with Prot "Gladiator" Warriors and no other melee. Tough isn't the right word, it's impossible to balance.
    Uh. Gladiator didn't have amazing utility. Most bosses hit so hard that you would be lucky to survive Intervening the main tank with Shield Wall up. It didn't have Rallying Cry, which was something you really did want in Mythic raiding.

Gladiator excelled at small scale AoE/sustained cleave, and consistent DPS with no RNG swing. (I could pull the DPS Simulationcraft would run for the spec.)

It wasn't good for but a few fights in heroic after BRF dropped, when Fury got access to more gear that had stats it wanted. The spec hardcapped around 38.6k DPS by the end of heroic BRF, and by that point Fury could easily deal 44k+ single target.

After HFC came and Gladiator got some buffs it was good until about halfway through, where it just got dusted by Fury and Arms. Their class trinkets were infinitely stronger (especially for Fury), and the tier set bonus for Protection wasn't that great. (Something like a 12% increased damage on top of Enrage's damage bonus, or something. Nowhere near as good as the 8% chance to re-proc Shield Charge.)
    Last edited by Eninya; 2018-12-01 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Uh. Gladiator didn't have amazing utility. Most bosses hit so hard that you would be lucky to survive Intervening the main tank with Shield Wall up. It didn't have Rallying Cry, which was something you really did want in Mythic raiding.
    You're absolutely insane if you don't think being able to take far more damage from standing in shit, being able to soak things with ease, soaking things that you normally wouldn't be able to without a hard immunity as a DPS, or any of the sort isn't utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You're absolutely insane if you don't think being able to take far more damage from standing in shit, being able to soak things with ease, soaking things that you normally wouldn't be able to without a hard immunity as a DPS, or any of the sort isn't utility.
    And you forget that in Mythic raiding you can't afford to have one of your precious melee DPS slots deliberately get rid of their utility, AoE damage potential, and 20% of their total single target DPS for some minor mechanical things that other classes--melee or ranged--could handle easily. Fury already had to deal with taking additional damage while Enraged (which their larger health pool and mediocre passive sustain never fully offset).

How many mythic progression raids in BRF and HFC pushed with Gladiator warriors taking spots in their melee roster? On my servers, it was 0, and for good reason. I dropped Gladiator for mythic.

Deleted
    Gladiator felt like it was there just for fun.

Why is it that every spec needs to be at 100% peek performance at all aspects of WoW.

The good thing about playing WoW is that it offers many options for different playing styles. This is done even within the differnent aspects of the game via difficulty levels (normal - Heroic - mytic). This is also through for PvP with rated PvP an dnone rated PvP.

Glad was not the best in soem areas of the game. So what? it was fun and i enjoyed running dungies and easier raids with it.

Loot is not an issue anymore too with personal loot system.

I just liked it the way it was as a talent point that allowed you to swap from dps to tank while not in combat which changed just some abilities on the fly.
    Created on the 25th April 2005.
    Protection Warrior since the old days of UBRS.

P.S. Make a part of your warrior community happy and bring Gladiator Stance back...

Another reason they should make an additional specs for each class (except for Druid, maybe add a bunch of cool xmog and forms instead), with the amount of effort they have put into something like artifact weapons they can definitely create a new spec for each class many of which have plenty in lore already as well as all the pruned abilities they could bring back and use for said specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They removed it because it gave them more work with balancing classes. Class balance is one of the things people complain most about. It is also the reason why they removed 2h frost dk and enhancement shaman.
    Sorry i'm not meaning to sound rude but how do you know this? do you have any source?

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    Sorry i'm not meaning to sound rude but how do you know this? do you have any source?
    They said so at some point. It’s also the only sensible reason. Blizzard would be stupid to remove all these cool fratures (like the Gladiator spec) if there was no good reason to do it. I would be more than happy if they began to add them back into the game but I know they wont add more features to existing classes which require extra work. I’m also pretty sure balancing work-loads are the main reason why DH only got two specs. They use “Lore” as an excuse though.

Gladiator warrior lives along the glorious 2h frost DK and 2h Enhance shaman and probably more fun class variants that are gone today. I miss Gladiator stance, I never felt it was super good, but it was super fun. It was quite awesome in pvp though, but I never did more than bg with it, so how good it actually was I have no idea. One of the funner things they did with warrior in newer time and if it was still in the game, I would play my warrior a lot more.