Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    alot of QoL changes, Death knights, Survival as a true melee spec, reins of the astral cloud serpent and raids that doesn't require a stupid amount of preparation just to do.

I won't miss a lot from current, but what immediately jumps out for me are all the new races added since Classic. I really do love all the racial flavors we have to choose from.

Dismounting when casting a spell.

It sounds ridiculous but when you're playing classic you'll see how it's the tiny things that are the most irritating.

Dual spec
    Pet/mount tabs
    Transmog

those are really the only things that I'd "miss" from retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Nothing, because it's the same game with a few less bells and whistles?

Why the fuck do people keep trying to make out pre-BC WoW (or even up to BC, fr that matter) as something that was this completely radical, different thing from what WoW is today?

The content is identical, today they've just made it accessible in smaller bites or added easier difficulties for people with other aspirations in life than their teenage MMO years' ones.

You'll make a character, as in live, start grinding reps or loot, as in live, and a week later ask yourself why you put up with this grind shit just for a little bit of fun, as in live.
    I don't think you played vanilla WoW if you think it's anything similar to WoW today.

The key mechanics were the same. But everything from raids to the levelling experience were completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Dismounting when casting a spell.

It sounds ridiculous but when you're playing classic you'll see how it's the tiny things that are the most irritating.
    You can get an addon to do that for you, EzDismount. I think Lazypig does it too.

...but yeah it's not as smooth, kind of annoying.

Not going to miss anything as i intend to keep playing :P

Why the fuck do people keep trying to make out pre-BC WoW (or even up to BC, fr that matter) as something that was this completely radical, different thing from what WoW is today?
    Claiming that vanilla and BFA are "identical" is like claiming that Diablo 1 and Diablo 3 are "identical".

hint: they're not

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    alot of QoL changes, Death knights, Survival as a true melee spec, reins of the astral cloud serpent and raids that doesn't require a stupid amount of preparation just to do.
    I'm really going to miss the Azerite system personally. It's such a well thought out system that everyone in the community will surely miss when going to classic.

1.11 is was used. before that though...i dunno how "vanilla" the vanilla recreation is going to be. it likely will stay for the retail version of vanilla wow servers though. the quality of life it gave, makes me skeptical to todays lazier (in terms of inventory management) generation of players taht might check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

i am aware of when. i dont know how vanilla, vanilla servers will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannya84 View Post
    I don't think you played vanilla WoW if you think it's anything similar to WoW today.

The key mechanics were the same. But everything from raids to the levelling experience were completely different.
    First of all, nobody called it vanilla until WOTLK, we referred to it as pre-BC, and if you can find old forum posts from that era, you can see that that it's true. So just based off that, your credibility is one step behind me, if you want to play the credibility game for no other reason than compare our "how old we are at this game" penis lengths, because that's apparently important.

Everything from raids to leveling experience were the same fucking gameplay, except slower.

Raids?
    Spent more time clearing trash and trash respawns than actual boss fights.

You were plate? Enjoy farming half the week just to pay for repair costs.

Buffs? Let me get out my fucking excel sheet just for who should do the paladin blessings. I ran out of symbol of kings, can anyone trade me some plz?
    *10 minutes later* Ok let's go! FUCK WHO TURNED ON PVP OK EVERYONE TURN ON PVP CAUSE WE HAVE AIDS IN THE RAID NOW.

Leveling experience? You better fucking love eating food and aggroing at most 2 enemies at the time, because that's 90% of it.
    Oh woops, you seem to have stumbled on an area where previously killed enemies hadn't respawned.
    We hope you love corpse running, because unless you're a Rogue you're shit out of luck getting out of here alive!

Yeah, the amazing pre-bc experience, everything today with a +50% pain in the ass buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Claiming that vanilla and BFA are "identical" is like claiming that Diablo 1 and Diablo 3 are "identical".

hint: they're not
    I never made any such claim. I said they're not as radically different as people make it out to be.

Diablo 1 and 3 are the same game only in name, lore and objective.
    Gameplay, accessibility and systems are night and day apart.

I would miss

unlimited Debuffs on target
    aoe loot
    transmog (tier pieces were nice but till then you are like a clown)
    having fun being a hybrid
    class rotations
    raid content being harder than leveling

I will totally hate

grinding to get all potions/feralas shit herbs and every little things raids will require to have
    Seeing raids in leveling greens/blues killing ragnaros in 1st raid reset
    Soul shards taking up space (/vomit)
    warriors being the best on everything (well... apart from healing)
    world buffs... so bad design
    extremely easy raids compared to all beautiful encounter from tbc and later (vanilla sucked at this)
    Very tiresome to have a life and alts (this is not a new game. people are tired)
    Totally lame pvp. Total reliance on engineering, primitive gameplay
    Addons that play your class for you (warriorbutton etc)
    Addons that does the healing for you. Yeah I know, you will not be top notch but you can be reasonably good by spamming one button...
    And many others...

This game was great back then. Great. Countless hours of gameplay. But when a game evolves, turning back is wrong.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Not having to dismount to interact with Flight Master's. Being able to switch targets and auto attack without needing a macro. DPS Trinkets. Haste. Not knowing what's coming next.

10+ Year Old Account
    having to press something else but frostbolt and blizzard in dungeons
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    AOE Looting.

Or would running the modern client let us keep such features?
    Remember: Killing and looting mobs one after another grants more loot than kill them all together and AoE loot

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Are they actually getting rid of those?

As is my understanding this is a backwards port so they have to write those things out.
    They are making classic. If they don't remove those things it isn't classic.
    Logic dictates that they are removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

interesting mechanics in dungeons and raids, questing, graphics, achievements, class balance (it was an utter garbage in vanilla), arenas

First of all, nobody called it vanilla until WOTLK, we referred to it as pre-BC, and if you can find old forum posts from that era, you can see that that it's true. So just based off that, your credibility is one step behind me, if you want to play the credibility game for no other reason than compare our "how old we are at this game" penis lengths, because that's apparently important.

Everything from raids to leveling experience were the same fucking gameplay, except slower.

Raids?
    Spent more time clearing trash and trash respawns than actual boss fights.

You were plate? Enjoy farming half the week just to pay for repair costs.

Buffs? Let me get out my fucking excel sheet just for who should do the paladin blessings. I ran out of symbol of kings, can anyone trade me some plz?
    *10 minutes later* Ok let's go! FUCK WHO TURNED ON PVP OK EVERYONE TURN ON PVP CAUSE WE HAVE AIDS IN THE RAID NOW.

Leveling experience? You better fucking love eating food and aggroing at most 2 enemies at the time, because that's 90% of it.
    Oh woops, you seem to have stumbled on an area where previously killed enemies hadn't respawned.
    We hope you love corpse running, because unless you're a Rogue you're shit out of luck getting out of here alive!

Yeah, the amazing pre-bc experience, everything today with a +50% pain in the ass buff.

- - - Updated - - -

I never made any such claim. I said they're not as radically different as people make it out to be.

Diablo 1 and 3 are the same game only in name, lore and objective.
    Gameplay, accessibility and systems are night and day apart.
    Sorry, I couldn't get past the cringiness of the first sentence.

It's called vanilla.

And vanilla is as different of a game to BFA, as Kotor is to Mass Effect. Yeah, it's the same dev team, and the same general idea. But the games are entirely different in pretty much every way.

There's no debating that. Blizzard themselves recognize how different the games are. You aren't revealing your ancient knowledge by saying they're similar. Just dropping asanine claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Addons that don't suck dick. Macros that don't suck dick.

Healing is such a chore in vanilla without mouseover macros.
    You act like these things can't be made for classic... the addon system has only gotten more restrictive as the years went on.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    Hard endgame content
    This is my worry. Back in Vanilla I cleared everything except for Naxx (without any sort of boss mod). Players are more astute at dealing with raid mechanics. What happens when all content is cleared quickly?

I will miss not having to farm mountains of consumables. Back to farming whipper root tubers, Blasted lands buffs *(ike R.O.I.D.S). Winterfall elixir.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?