Poll: Will Classic Fail ?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Will Classic Fail ? (POLL)

Before i start id like to mention that i did experience classic wow and this is my opinion,i might be wrong but i really doubt it.The only good thing about classic was the community and nostalgia.I will always remember my first orc warrior character,it was an amazing feeling,the music,graphics,ambience etc.

I also remember my first time doing quests in a group with another person,it was such amazing feeling back then,while thats not a big deal today.I remember clearing The Black Temple in TBC for the first time,i was talking about it for days with my friends.Classic was the first experience of WoW for us,people were knew to the game,curios and careful thats why the community was way better back then.Today,we learned the game,most of us want faster gameplay/progression,less grinding,faster leveling (some even want to get rid of leveling) more content etc.

Most you dont remember or simply refuse to admit that vanilla was way worse then you think.Leveling could take months,griding was horrible,no mounts till lvl 40 (which were expensive as hell),raids/dungeons mechanics were so simple and bad in comparsion to modern ones,no transmog,you looked pretty much the same as other 200 guild members.Eating for 2 mins after every god damn fight,class imbalance was so bad that we could call legion the king of pvp,i remember quite well retri paladins and pom pyro mages literally one shotting people.No draenei and blood elves,no paladins in horde and shamans in alliance,no LFR,dungeon finder - where you could spam for hours and eventually wipe the raid in 10 mins and leave,then repeat.

There is tons of other things to mention but i dont want to make this thread huge.I understand that SOME of you like this,but i completely disagree that vanilla is liked by the majority of people and is better than current wow.I can bet that vanilla servers wont reach over 500k subs.Many will realize this and go back to retail,just watch and mark my words.However, good luck to you, im not going back to fight against my nostalgia.
    Last edited by Popikaify; 2018-10-01 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    Paragraphs and punctuation are not your enemy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't need 4 million daily players to be successfull.

I'm sure Classic will have it's own constant, but smaller playerbase. Even way less that one million is fine.

Still popular nearly 15 years later. Still played 15 years later.

How can it 'fail'?

Even if it's only played by 25-50k players, it will be an amazing experience. And i'm expecting vastly higher numbers, at least for the initial period.

Also, use paragraphs and punctuation, please.

Poll options are to black and white. It might get insanely high numbers at the start then plateau but be constant. Or it might get average levels at the start but track well. If you want anything meaningful from this thread you need to supply a bit more options.

Deleted
    Kind of missing the "Who cares?" option in that vote....

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Poll options are to black and white. It might get insanely high numbers at the start then plateau but be constant. Or it might get average levels at the start but track well. If you want anything meaningful from this thread you need to supply a bit more options.
    Or it'll just be rolled in with a regular wow sub and they'll be like "across the board our numbers are great!"

How can Classic even fail? There's no huge $$ being pumped into the project, and it will obviously have millions of people trying it at launch. It's a guaranteed success. This thread is dumb and people voting yes are out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Paragraphs. Its really tedious to read wall of text like that...
    K i fixed it a little bit

I mean it needs like 2 Gms to solve tickets and almost no maintenance. There will be no new content so no developer time is wasted. I honestly think that they are already doing too much. All the coding and shit for what? Just launch a classic Server. Yeah the Bnet chat will be nice but that cant take a whole year to integrate.
    It will probably not fail financially but I dont think more than 10k Players will play it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever Dude View Post
    How can Classic even fail? There's no huge $$ being pumped into the project, and it will obviously have millions of people trying it at launch. It's a guaranteed success. This thread is dumb and people voting yes are out of touch.
    What i mean by a fail is that vanilla whiteknights are too loud,and i have the impression when i listen to them that wow will climb back to 12 million subs.

It won’t even come close to failing, at least at launch. The hype from streamers alone is massive. Lirik, asmongold, soda, summit, timthetatman, etc have massive fanbases and will all be trying out classic. Now think about all the old school players, private server players and youtubers that will also be trying it.

Will it maintain a large player base over time? Nope. It’ll be a niche game but without content updates people will either stay on retail WoW or just go back to whatever they were previously doing. It’ll have dedicated players like retail does (the ~2mil or so that never quit despite how bad it can get, going off of WoD here).

So it’ll surely see massive success. Regardless of what happens after launch, the launch alone will bring in massive amounts of money and probably even a ton of new players. It’ll be healthy for WoW overall.

Slightly OT: However there’s still tons of people that are clouded. Those that complain about retail but those very things they complain about are 10x worse in classic (“timegates”, rep grinds, attunements, etc). So I think we’ll see a lot of salty people begging for QoL updates and then a bunch of actual classic fans fighting against those people, similar to what we saw when it was announced but probably worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    Paragraphs and punctuation are not your enemy.
    Seriously. I understand how something like this can get written, but how does anyone look back at this kind of thing and click submit? I know that most of us spent all of elementary/middle/high school, and probably university/college shitting on our writing instructors, but holy shit.

On topic, it depends on what "fail" means. It'll have a ton of people initially sign up, then when people realize that vanilla is everything they hate about BFA without a lot of the improvements; they'll either unsub or come back to BFA.

There's a thread on reddit right now screaming about how long levelling takes, and half the comments are along the lines of "just wait till classic and we can bail on this dumpster fire."
    Last edited by Kwaai; 2018-10-01 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    What i mean by a fail is that vanilla whiteknights are too loud,and i have the impression when i listen to them that wow will climb back to 12 million subs.
    I mean it probably will if you combine classic+BfA. Hype is a real thing and it’s a huge driver in the video game community. When you have 10+ popular streamers with over 20k viewers on a bad day all coming to try out classic then yeah id absolutely expect subs to explode. That’s not even counting youtubers who promote it (nixxiom, preach, etc) and old school players in general. If you think about all of that it’s pretty easy to believe subs will explode.

The question is: will it die off? Honestly it all depends on blizzard. If there’s content updates then probably not, however if there isn’t really anything past classic people will certainly get bored of the unbalanced/pve and same old shit similar to how retail WoW goes into a rut towards the end of the expansion.

You also have people complaining about leveling being too long, grinds being too much and the game being “unbalanced” and those same people are saying “just wait for classic”. So there’s very clearly people who have no idea what to expect they’re just riding the bandwagon and it’ll be really fun to watch that unfold.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-10-01 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Played it back in the day.
    Not looking forward to be able to play it again, there is nothing i miss from vanilla today other then the community and since most of them left there is nothing for me in that game but i guess those that missed out of vanilla are hyped to see what game WoW was back in the day but when i see ppl complain about leveling is to long in BfA then prepare to see them pop up in masses with classic since leveling was a core part of the game back then even more then end game.

And the non flying guys will experience the barrens walks where you need to walk 10 min to be in a quest zone will find out why flying was put in the game so i hope the non flying gamers in current wow will experience the pain of walking everywhere till you hit level 40 and get 60% mount speed 63% with carrot on stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    On topic, it depends on what "fail" means. It'll have a ton of people initially sign up, then when people realize that vanilla is everything they hate about BFA without a lot of the improvements they'll either unsub or come back to BFA.

There's a thread on reddit right now screaming about how long levelling takes, and half the comments are along the lines of "just wait till classic and we can bail on this dumpster fire."
    Exactly,i totally agree with this.

Isn't it incredibly reduntant to post the same drivel daily? I mean, surely you must've read a hundred posts just like yours on this site already, but of course your post also matters and should be announced for everyone wether they care or not. The discussion might as well be done by a flock of parrots at this point.

I feel that it will fail. However, not for the reasons you have mentioned.

Private Vanilla servers are doing pretty well. I have went back and leveled up a hunter and it was actually very fun.

I admit it is not as polished as the new WoW. Yet, it does have its charm and the old story lines that have been dropped were excellent.

I feel Vanilla servers will be a great way for new comers to the game to learn some of the old lore they missed.

I believe they will fail because vanilla wow was MUCH more of a time sink than todays version of WoW.

Many of us who were caught up in Vanilla and TBC no longer have that much time to put into it, or we are dedicated to progression on the main realms

I think it will fail but for a lack of time investment than due to poor game play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't hurt to put this in the right area, either.

Its nearly impossible for classic to fail. It gets the attraction of everyone currently playing private servers (where the deceased Nost server had a lot of them), people from BFA who are bored/unhappy or who just want to play a different WoW, and it'll receive massive support from streamers where classics popularity has a good chance to last longer than BFA did. And take into consideration that making a classic WoW doesn't cost nearly as much resources when compared to new WoW expansions, as of now it only took them a year to get far enough that they have some zones up and ready for testing. Even if over half the playerbase leaves after a month or two it'll have earned all its money back by then.