Overwatch Halloween Terror Begins October 9

Overwatch Halloween Terror Begins October 9
    Blizzard released a promo for the upcoming Halloween event!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if there is anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I think so. The promo vid is not the map used in previous halloween events.

Is that the deathmatch castle in horror mode perhaps?
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's an old pic but seems to be a new sym skin. She looks like a squid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    6 new skins from what I can gather based on achievements pertaining to Halloween on the PTR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    6 new skins from what I can gather based on achievements pertaining to Halloween on the PTR.
    Daughter says Moira is getting one so I'm going to guess she's the bride of junkenstien.

Oh cool. Might mean a sale on PS4 so I can pick it up.

So Junkinstien’ castle. Overwatch is gonna need to really bring it come Blizzcon. Something new has to happen more than just a map or character rework.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    So Junkinstien’ castle. Overwatch is gonna need to really bring it come Blizzcon. Something new has to happen more than just a map or character rework.
    Why? Still has a ton of players.

Look at Lucioball during the summer and how slammed servers were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Eh, Overwatch is one of those games that is doing just fine, it doesn't have the popularity that Fortnite has, quite frankly it doesn't NEED to, to be successful either. The fact the game has enough popularity to warrant there being OWL teams and the World Cup is more than enough evidence Overwatch is fine and won't go anywhere anytime soon.

It fills a niche market with what it currently offers and it doesn't need to do something brand new or exciting to remain relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

A good example is Counter Strike, they haven't really innovated in years but people still love to play it in droves, same goes with League. Both are successful in their own right and don't need to change the mould.

The biggest letdown is that the trailer they made for it would have been actually the best way to do a new event for it. You have the map, you have the characters models, you have the mechanics and you have the code, they could have just added some gates as you move around the mansion that open up after a boss fight thats really the only new thing needed. I guess they would need to build AI for some of the characters to, but all that stuff doesn't seem really daunting. Real disappointment.