Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar

Hearthstone "classic" mode.

Hi, I played some hearthstone the other day, after not touching it in like two years. And it's to me still as dissapointing as ever. Not only gameplay but the fact that my deck is obviously outdated and you have to keep up, which is kinda meh.

And it seems the game becomes more riddicilous with every expansion or solo adventure. More affixes every time and it just start to be silly.

I think back to the beginning of the game. When it was released back in march 2014. I swear, I played this non stop almost until the summer when naxxramas was released. Then I started seeing some things I didn't care for much but I kept playing a bit. And with more and more stuff added, the less I played.

Now, Hearthstone "classic" the way I call it, pre-naxxramas, is prolly one of my all time favorite games. It was so clean and lacked many silly gimmicks of modern HS. I just loved the game back then and I can't be the only one , can I?

With the hype around classic WoW servers, what do you think about classic Hearthstone? Not a separate game of course, but now we have Standard and Wild, what about a third mode "Classic" where only pre-naxxramas cards are allowed AND those cards who got changed over the years get changed back to their original state in this mode only.

It can't be much programming to get this and if you don't like it, no one force you to play it, you can stick with Standard or Wild. But any thoughts? Anyone else who would love this addition?

Yes, but the fact is that without any new cards added it would get kinda boring eventually. But I agree that Hearthstone has become worse and worse with every new expansion, all the new keywords and mechanics are simply unnecessary and unfun (with the exception of maybe Rush but that also is ruined by all the silly synergy cards).

Innervate innervate force of nature force of nature savage roar

Yes, I feel to play a totally different game after a yearly rotation in April.

The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    i quit completely when i heard they were "retiring" legendary classic cards.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i quit completely when i heard they were "retiring" legendary classic cards.
    link? source?

Ragnaros/Sylvanas and such I guess (Hall of Fame cards)
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    link? source?
    It’s called the Hall of Fame.

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hall_of_Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s called the Hall of Fame.
    To be fair, you get extra dust back.
    Even you don't own the card, you can craft and dust.

To be fair, you get extra dust back.
    Even you don't own the card, you can craft and dust.
    I was just explaining what was being referenced. I’m still able to enjoy the game with all the crazy mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.

The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    link? source?
    they already retired sylvanas and ragnaros. it was sometime in 2016 they can add alleria for all i care and i won't come back.
    https://compete.kotaku.com/blizzard-...w-h-1792442668
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-06-11 at 07:28 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.