Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I'm still saving my level 110 boost for playable Zandalari. The only problem is is that I play alliance so I can't really unlock them...
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    Honestly, if you're bothering with pots, food and shit, then you are obviously trying way too hard. I'm just leveling at my rhythm and it's okay.
    Did you ever stop to consider that the reason why people are having to "try way too hard" in the first place is because Blizzard has made leveling up a pain in the ass "chore"?

If you want to leave characters offline collecting rested experience and only log in for an hour a day, fine. That's actually a perfectly acceptable way to play the game. But don't try to denigrate people who want to level quickly, or try to paint a picture of it being the player's fault for wanting to go faster than a snail's pace.

Deleted
    if you dont have all classes at max by now and still think about allied races instead of in game progress im sorry to say but you are a tool

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Did you ever stop to consider that the reason why people are having to "try way too hard" in the first place is because Blizzard has made leveling up a pain in the ass "chore"?

If you want to leave characters offline collecting rested experience and only log in for an hour a day, fine. That's actually a perfectly acceptable way to play the game. But don't try to denigrate people who want to level quickly, or try to paint a picture of it being the player's fault for wanting to go faster than a snail's pace.
    First off, chill, I didn't denigrate anyone, I am not responsible for how you interpret what I write. Secondly, if in your opinion, leveling is a pain in the ass chore, it is your problem. I mean, it's fine by me, I think that WoW's leveling is not the worst, now everyone has his own opinion on the subject. I'm just telling that when you are running with full pots, rest XP and foods, you are trying way too hard for what it is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    I was thinking of leveling a new undead character, but I'm worried that as soon as I do they will release an allied race that will appeal to me, and I will have to level again. I don't think I can put myself through leveling up again.
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to level a Druid, once Zandalari Trolls are out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigjb21 View Post
    if you dont have all classes at max by now and still think about allied races instead of in game progress im sorry to say but you are a tool
    Or you're a tool for telling people how they should be playing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

I've leveled 2 of the Allied Races from 20 to 120 already. Leveling wasn't too terribly bad. About a level every 20 minutes or so, up until 85 or so, and then it's maybe 40 minutes a level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexaholic View Post
    I've leveled 2 of the Allied Races from 20 to 120 already. Leveling wasn't too terribly bad. About a level every 20 minutes or so, up until 85 or so, and then it's maybe 40 minutes a level.
    Check my signature. I've done more research and first hand testing of different methods of leveling than anyone I've seen. I am not saying this to brag. Just to provide a point of reference and credentials to show that I know what I'm talking about:

Leveling from 1-120 is is unnecessarily slow.

There are countless threads and videos about why the current system is bad. Level brackets are a terrible setup. Talents and new abilities ceasing after level 100 is a terrible design. Spacing talents every 15 levels apart when each level bracket is only 20 levels is poor. Requiring 40 hours just to START the actual end-game content is excessive.

As I already said: If people want to go slowly and stop to smell the roses, fine. That is completely their prerogative. But it should not be REQUIRED to take that much time, especially not on top of the rep grind needed for allied races!

Sorta related but can anyone tell me why heritage armor appeals to them? It's a tmog u will wear for a short while. Theres gonna be 50 other dudes all wearing it and ull all look the same. I'm all for the new races, but honestly if I wanted to play one, I'd race change or insta 110 it. Heritage armor seems lame as hell to me.

I don't want to level a new character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Sorta related but can anyone tell me why heritage armor appeals to them? It's a tmog u will wear for a short while. Theres gonna be 50 other dudes all wearing it and ull all look the same.
    You don't have to wear a full set, you can mix and match the pieces, and the fact that they can be used regardless of armor types makes them more valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

I was thinking of leveling a new undead character, but I'm worried that as soon as I do they will release an allied race that will appeal to me, and I will have to level again. I don't think I can put myself through leveling up again.
    Why do you think that you HAVE to Level again? Just for some heritage armor? I think that every single heritage armor so far Looks like shit.

And even if they were good looking, I would NEVER Level up a char just to get it... but instead I'd Level up a new char if I really wanted and the armor would be a nice bonus.

Seriously, every single MMOC user that feels he's been forced to do anything in this game should stop playing WoW for some time. Addiction isn't healthy.

I already had 29 characters at or above level 100 when the first allied races became available. Immediately leveled the first 4 allied races to 110 and I'm currently spending the majority of my time leveling a mag'har orc to 110. I'm currently focused on a single character at 120 though, so have yet to unlock Dark Iron Dwarves.

At this point I'm honestly tempted to faction change my main to alliance when kultirans are available so I can unlock both of them without having to regrind the reputation, but we'll see. I'm definitely gonna have every heritage armor unlocked at some point though.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Ion say that they're going to introduce some WQ/Invasion type stuff to the 1-90 zones to help making leveling easier with 8.1? o_O Seems like no one payed attention to this

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287254/...-content-patch

Found it: "Incursions - which are similar to Legion Invasions. The opposite faction is directly attacking your zones. You can use incursions to level your alts."

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    i dont wanna level a new character period. leveling at this point in time is pure ass.
    Amen to that. Tried leveling a dark iron and I just couldn't do it. For the way the game is now, the leveling is just too long.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Didn't Ion say that they're going to introduce some WQ/Invasion type stuff to the 1-90 zones to help making leveling easier with 8.1? o_O Seems like no one payed attention to this

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287254/...-content-patch

Found it: "Incursions - which are similar to Legion Invasions. The opposite faction is directly attacking your zones. You can use incursions to level your alts."
    I took this to mean they would only be available for levelling 110(maybe 108) —120, just like current Legion invasions, as opposed to legion pre-patch invasions. I assume a majority of people took it that way too, else I imagine a lot more people would be talking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The next pair of Allied races are the Zandalari Trolls and the Kul Tiran Humans. They are due in 8.1 following the raid (might be 8.1.5.).

The previous set of Allied races, Mag'har Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves were added as launch content in 8.0 we had to unlock.

BFA will almost certainly follow the Legion patch cycle of three major patches after launch.

I believe each major patch will add a new raid, a new warfront and a new pair of allied races. Following this process, there are four allied races (two per each side) yet to announce.

I believe Blizzcons will alternate year to year now. One Blizzcon will announce a new expansion and generate hype for it. Th following year's Blizzcon will take place soon after launch and will flesh out a roadmap for the expansion. This model was deployed in the 2016 Blizzcon where the WoW content got us excited by talking about 7.1, a lot about 7.2 and revealing Argus as our end destination.

The Warcraft 'What's next panel' in thirty days and nine hours will do the same I believe.

In that panel, I expect them to talk about 8.2. I expect them to reveal the next pair of Allied races in that panel (if they weren't revealed in the opening ceremony. I doubt it but you never know). And the community consensus appears to be that the next Horde Allied race will be Vulpera. There is no consensus on what the Alliance race may be, although lots of speculation.

That is when people will know what is coming next Allied race. Will they talk about the final Allied races for 8.3? I doubt it, but they might hint.

Still, you've a month to wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xasrai View Post
    I took this to mean they would only be available for levelling 110(maybe 108) —120, just like current Legion invasions, as opposed to legion pre-patch invasions. I assume a majority of people took it that way too, else I imagine a lot more people would be talking about it.
    Oh you're correct, I didn't catch the part where it was in BFA zones only ~_~ sigh... lol well shoot adding something like Incursions/Invasions would be great to non-BFA zones, or at least EK/Kal.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I'm definitely banking names "just in case."
    Haha same, I have a troll name reserved ready to go!

I think they said that KT and Zandalari are the only other ones planned at the moment, but Blizzcon will confirm that.

I find leveling nowadays more interesting than max level activities... at least you have a set direction and goal to achieve. And even though questing is boring, you still see your progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Same for me, I'll wait for Kul Tiran to reroll Alliance as a Shaman
    Then you can finally play as an accurate representation of yourself