Mistweaver HPS + logs help!

Hey guys!

I am an old resto shaman main... but I am swapping to mistweaver for the time being. But I just don't feel up to snuff for my guild and want to perform better. This is the first time I have ever played mistweaver!

I know hps isnt everything but I feel like I am struggling to perform.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t&type=healing

I have already read Icy icy Veins and Peak of Serenity, for some basics but I need to know more then the basics to keep a spot in my raid.

Thanks a lot =)

Im going to assume you are makinzee since you never said and theres 2 monks. Ok the most noticeable thing I can see is you barely ever cast vivify. This is your go to heal to top someone off. Yes it uses a fair bit of mana but what have you been doing when people are dipping low? channeling soothing mist for extend periods of time? Ignoring them? Just looking at a couple of examples, for instance on fetid devourer looking at around the time your windwalker monk baro died. Ok so lots of people sitting around 60% health, baro's health constantly dropping for the last 10 seconds. Tank sitting around 40%, and you cast an essence font font which is great. But after that, you go back to channeling soothing mist for a very long time on the tank . At this point you should be using vivify on the people who had lost a big chunk of their health to get them back to a decent amount of health. Even the tank could have used a cast since this is a very tank heavy fight. You are also not using all your mana most fights. Yes I know the majority of the fights are easy but not using your full mana bar is just losing healing by principle

Ok so your renewing mist usage is really good, which is usually the first thing i check when checking logs.

Essence font is hard to measure but you seem to be getting a good amount of casts off and a better uptime of it than your monk friend. So going on the basis of how many more casts you did than your monk friend, you appear to be using the upwelling talent which turns essence font into an even more efficient heal if you let it stack, so while its not at max stacks, theres nothing wrong with holding it a while.

Remember your ilevel is also 20 levels lower than the other healers! This is a big deal, and you can see that when looking at your ilevel logs your logs arent really that far behind your other healer friends.

So to summarize, the best thing I can advise is to get alot more vivify usage, and to use more of your mana in a fight.
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2018-10-03 at 04:13 AM.

All of your fights are high dps burns. Whenever fights are fast and sustain means nothing iLvl effects things more.

That being said, your vivify isn't in your top 5 heals at all, you're sniping heals and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    All of your fights are high dps burns. Whenever fights are fast and sustain means nothing iLvl effects things more.

That being said, your vivify isn't in your top 5 heals at all, you're sniping heals and nothing else.
    I think its becuase I am use to resto shaman, healing surge is fairly mana inefficient and ill be honest I felt like I was usually oom by the end of the encounters. Maybe ill work on trying to weaving more Vilify in

Hello, i looked at your log and ill give you what I see. That log isnt the best to compare cause it looks like you died at 4:30 and 5:31 so theres roughly 100 seconds of you being out of the fight not healing.

Based on the talents you took on the fight, you didn't use diffuse magic at all. it would have saved you for both of the deaths in the fight because they are not physical damage your dying to. Also dont be afraid to life cocoon yourself, it would have also saved you both instances and it was off CD.

Easy things to fix are:
    1). Enchant your rings. the shitty +27 crit are cheap.
    2). Enchant your weapon. Deadly navigation.
    3). Your gear has *WAY* too much mastery on it. you want crit/vers.
    4). Reforge your shoulders, they currently have WW azerite trait that wont help you.
    5). Get some meaty haunch and make +75 crit food, food buffs do matter especially when its so easy to do.

Now back to the logs:

Your mana tea usage is ok, you will prob see better use of Lifecycles if you are utilizing the MW kit better. Your usage *inside* mana tea needs some fine tuning. your first one you cast chi burst (costs no mana) then spent the rest of the time channeling essence font. all 4 uses are similiar in their usage. Its ok (actually suggested) to fit an essence font in the mana tea window, you just want it to be the absolute last cast in the window.You want to be casting ReM before mana tea so that when you activate mana tea you casts are all vivifys and enveloping depending on who needs healing. Your vivify casts are abysmally low in that log so your rotation inside the mana tea window is going to look off but we already addressed why.. Your renewing mist cast is ok, there's some times when you are capd at 2 charges for 10+ seconds so not good in that sense. The ReM casts becomes important because each person with your ReM on them is also healed when you cast vivify. That's a core mechanic to MW that you are not utilizing at all. Once you improve that then you will see better numbers. You are casting all of your enveloping mists with soothing mist, which is good just do the same thing with vivify.

Your essence font is going to be your number one heal. Since your running upwelling, you want to let it get to high stacks (max is you can afford it) and in-between that time you want to be healing with ReM and Vivify. you should NEVER stop a 18 stack essence font for anything really (bar someone dying ofc) but there were essence font channels that were canceled after 1.6 seconds of the almost 6 second channel to cast ReM and chi burst. that's a big no no.

All of your thunder focus tea casts were spent on ReM casts. Which isn't bad except the reason you want to do that is to have more ReM's out so you can Vivify then for the healing. that's where the vivify casts come in. You mentioned mana being a problem (and this fight isnt the best reference cause of the deaths) but your mana was at 65ish% going into the last 2 minutes of the fight. you can expect to use about 28-30% of your mana in the execute phase so you definitely have the mana to pump out more vivifys. And that fight was without a mana potion used so you have that at your disposal as well, so ya plenty of room for more vivifys.

I would cover the spell usage and time they spent not on cooldown but in order to give helpful information you need to be alive the whole time so ill skip that part.

If you have any other questions you can send me a PM.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2018-10-05 at 09:35 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking