Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    8.2 is definitely and 8.3 is also likely too close to completion to change. For sure could see some changes for 9.0 though. I even doubt they could drastically change the launch content of 9.0 at this point. At least not adding zones etc.
    This assumes patch changes are the only impacts we'll feel.

Would be interesting to know if he chose to retire or if he was forced out by Activision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    If we have to search for a reason , i would assume at some point its getting kinda annoying when people always hate on the game you make, even so we see in numbers and if we are honest to ourself , that the game improved and is improving. Imagine putting work into something hoping it is good , knowing it is good and still get hated to the bone by some people who cant sit down , relax and enjoy themself anymore
    He doesn't even make the game though

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Correct, but what we do know is that it's less than 1 month until blizzcon, the largest media-function event Blizzard puts on every year - and having CEOs step down before the company's single-most important media function of the year isn't really considered the most savy of moves.
    And how many company CEO changes have you followed over the years to draw this conclusion from ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

5+ Year Old Account
    well that sure is surprising... gz to everyone moving up.

Should've done this at this coming Blizzcon during the closing ceremony to make it more impactful.

Pity though. Blizzard has changed so much.

Deleted
    What's with everyone thinking they will cancel classic ? How mentaly challenged are people on these boards ?
    Just because Brack put some "edgy socialy akward kid" in his place at some lame Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And how many company CEO changes have you followed over the years to draw this conclusion from ?
    ...if you're asking this question in the context I spelled out, there's really no answer you would be satisfied with - is there? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    What's with everyone thinking they will cancel classic ? How mentaly challenged are people on these boards ?
    Just because Brack put some "edgy socialy akward kid" in his place at some lame Q&A.
    This is the first time I read that... though I'll admit I'm only glancing through the thread.

The guy literally has had a rat tail hairstyle for YEARS...

Do I need to say more about his decision making abilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct, but what we do know is that it's less than 1 month until blizzcon, the largest media-function event Blizzard puts on every year - and having CEOs step down before the company's single-most important media function of the year isn't really considered the most savy of moves.
    There's hardly a better time to introduce the new President of Blizzard Entertainment and say au revoir to the former President than at Blizzcon. It's not a matter of being savvy. It's a matter of allowing people the time to say hello and farewell. I'm sure that both of them will have things to say in the opening ceremony. Torch will be passed in a very public way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    "Put him in his place" yeah right. They did a complete 180 on his unnecessarily (and rightfully memed) dickhead answer because they realize the guy asking the question had some merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of doomsayers in here people relax lol This nonsense everyone is spewing out ''Classic will be cancelled now!'' ''He does this BEFORE Blizzcon??!?!'' ''He's not my president'' and on and on and on lol Chill and see what happens. No-one knows why he stepped down so stop making your opinions facts.

...if you're asking this question in the context I spelled out, there's really no answer you would be satisfied with - is there? :P
    So none, okay
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know, it’s probably good that he'll be now much farther away from WoW? May be will come up with a couple of memes for another game

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Not true, every time I've worked at an organization during a leadership change, the differences were noticeable very quickly, and increased exponentially as time passed (to a plateau obviously). As players, feeling the effects through content which is all largely already finished, the impact will be filtered, but 1-2 years? Unlikely to take that long. Perhaps Brack won't make a lot of waves, it's hard to guess what his style will be, but the interviews I've seen with the guy were disquieting so I'm not really hopeful.
    Have to wait and see. Producing a video game is not quite the same as heading a multi-billion dollar corporation, but you can never know if he'll be up to the task or not ahead of time. Big shakeups in the executive office are always a concern, because it can tank a company very easily - and quickly, especially if investors get spooked.

Can't just wave this one off, this is a BIG change. I worked for a company where a new CEO drove off 60% of the core customers away in less than 4 quarters, and led to massive layoffs and downsizing, and their competitor getting most of the marketshare, and they've never recovered since. New CEOs usually want to put their stamp on things, with big changes, so...we'll see. Big projects have a way of being unfunded in leadership changes in big corporations.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the begining of the end, you may not believe it now... But in future you will see.

But, 3 days after a financial quarter ends makes more sense than halfway through. I highly doubt Blizzcon has anything to do with the timing of this.

If you really want to be conspiracy minded, consider that Activision Blizzard would have the initial financials for Q3 now, had two days to review them, and decided that new leadership is needed at Blizzard. That would not be anything out of the ordinary in corporate America.

But, we don't know, and probably never will know why this is happening. Morhaime could be sick. Or just burned out. Or wants to do something else, he has enough money to retire on a beach somewhere, and his kids might be in college and he and his wife are downsizing. Who knows?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    dude got a billion and some millions he want to enjoy as a retired guy, and here we have tinfoil hats people with conspiracy theories and stupid stuff lol.

the truth is here guys, the illuminate removed Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    dude got a billion and some millions he want to enjoy as a retired guy, and here we have tinfoil hats people with conspiracy theories and stupid stuff lol.

the truth is here guys, the illuminate removed Mike.
    I'm not saying it's aliens, but...it's aliens.

Deleted
    at least this means hes off wow