Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    You got the whole crafting and gathering system, which are literally classes of their own, and not just a secondary profession like it is in World of Warcraft. Of course, you're able to level all classes (or jobs as they are called) on one and the same character, giving you lots of way to improve that one character, and lots of time spending doing so.
    You can macro your crafting rotation to one button, which destroys the purpose of having multiple classes and dozens of skills. The only thing one character thing means is you are very limited in weekly progress because of the weekly tomestone cap.
    You got 'Hunts' out in the world where you kill
    target dummies and loot pointless currency. By the way, WoW has world bosses too.
    Treasure Map farming can net you lots of gil (the gold equivalent for FFXIV.) Grab a group of 8 and each and one of you grab a treasure map, find the location depicted on the treasure map and find the treasure, if you are lucky, a portal to another dimension will spawn, which will take you to a treasure trove to raid for a lot of materials and gil rewards.
    I've yet to see a single map outside of tutorial quest but doubt it's at least remotely interesting, sounds like if Island Expeditions and PotD had a child.
    You got a whole housing system to spend your time and gil on, furnishing the property as well as the garden outside.
    Only if you are into it, since it's mostly pointless too.
    There's also the whole 'Relic Weapon' quest lines from the base game
    WoW has old legendaries too.
    You have The Gold Saucer
    WoW has Darkmoon Faire too.

So again, where's more content outside of raiding than what WoW has?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    You can macro your crafting rotation to one button, which destroys the purpose of having multiple classes and dozens of skills. The only thing one character thing means is you are very limited in weekly progress because of the weekly tomestone cap.

target dummies and loot pointless currency. By the way, WoW has world bosses too.

I've yet to see a single map outside of tutorial quest but doubt it's at least remotely interesting, sounds like if Island Expeditions and PotD had a child.

Only if you are into it, since it's mostly pointless too.

WoW has old legendaries too.

WoW has Darkmoon Faire too.

So again, where's more content outside of raiding than what WoW has?
    I mean, you are making a comparison, but you are comparing a saucer to a deep, big bowl of food.

World of Warcraft has this, yes, but they are poor man's version compared to what FFXIV offers.

WoW has legendaries, yes, of course, for some classes. FFXIV has a legendary weapon for every disciple of war and magic, and 3 times at that. 10 for the base game, 13 for the Heavensward expansion because of the new added jobs, and 15 with the expansion that was relesed a year ago.

Darkmoon Faire has what? A race, a cannon, some daily quest minigame that is over within 10 - 20 seconds? And the area is limite for some time each month. The Gold Saucer in FFXIV has chocobo racing where you can breed your own racing chocobo if you so desire with the stats you want. They have Triple Triad which is the card game that you can play against NPCs throughout the world to collect new cards, as well as against other players if you so desire. They have the Lord of Verminion minigame where you fight over destroying crystals with your minions in a minigame arena, as well as all the other things I mentioned earlier. The Gold Saucer is always open for players to go to if they so desire.

Hunts let you buy more than just "target dummies and loot pointless currency" since you have materia to buy that you can sell for gil, or armour for glamour, as well as rewarding a hefty amount of poetics for materials needed for your relic weapons.

If you think maps are "remotely not interesting" because you have yet to see one then you are not really up to make an arguement against it, no? It looks rather silly to make an arguement against something you don't know anything about.

World of Warcraft has excellent raiding, and dungeons/raids in general. But it lacks so, so much outside of it. They really need to step their game up on these other fields too.

I mean, you are making a comparison, but you are comparing a saucer to a deep, big bowl of food.

World of Warcraft has this, yes, but they are poor man's version compared to what FFXIV offers.

WoW has legendaries, yes, of course, for some classes. FFXIV has a legendary weapon for every disciple of war and magic, and 3 times at that. 10 for the base game, 13 for the Heavensward expansion because of the new added jobs, and 15 with the expansion that was relesed a year ago.

Darkmoon Faire has what? A race, a cannon, some daily quest minigame that is over within 10 - 20 seconds? And the area is limite for some time each month. The Gold Saucer in FFXIV has chocobo racing where you can breed your own racing chocobo if you so desire with the stats you want. They have Triple Triad which is the card game that you can play against NPCs throughout the world to collect new cards, as well as against other players if you so desire. They have the Lord of Verminion minigame where you fight over destroying crystals with your minions in a minigame arena, as well as all the other things I mentioned earlier. The Gold Saucer is always open for players to go to if they so desire.

Hunts let you buy more than just "target dummies and loot pointless currency" since you have materia to buy that you can sell for gil, or armour for glamour, as well as rewarding a hefty amount of poetics for materials needed for your relic weapons.

If you think maps are "remotely not interesting" because you have yet to see one then you are not really up to make an arguement against it, no? It looks rather silly to make an arguement against something you don't know anything about.

World of Warcraft has excellent raiding, and dungeons/raids in general. But it lacks so, so much outside of it. They really need to step their game up on these other fields too.
    Side activities in FF14 imo are far superior. I can do them when I want rather than the Darkmoon Faire which is limited.

Also treasure maps are awesome. It's the one place where RNG can be since it doesn't interfere with the main progression in any way. The canals and altars of Uznair are fun because you never know what's going to happen but the rewards for getting to the end are nice but not needed.

That's good RNG imo. It doesn't interfere with main progression and is just done for the sake of fun.

Going to the relics another good form of RNG is the Anima growth stage. Once you hit 120 the relic has a chance to give bonus points to spend so you can get it done quicker. Pyros though for Eureka is trash because the entire stat determination is down to RNG.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-11-17 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Side activities in FF14 imo are far superior. I can do them when I want rather than the Darkmoon Faire which is limited.

Also treasure maps are awesome. It's the one place where RNG can be since it doesn't interfere with the main progression in any way. The canals and altars of Uznair are fun because you never know what's going to happen but the rewards for getting to the end are nice but not needed.

That's good RNG imo. It doesn't interfere with main progression and is just done for the sake of fun.

Going to the relics another good form of RNG is the Anima growth stage. Once you hit 120 the relic has a chance to give bonus points to spend so you can get it done quicker. Pyros though for Eureka is trash because the entire stat determination is down to RNG.
    Eureka is probably the worst content of it all, in my opinion. Anemos was alright, it was met with backlash but when people figured it out it was relatively enjoyable to go through. Pagos, however, is a frozen hell, and I dislike it, because the map layout was horrendous, and unforgiving.

Pyros seems a bit better, but I just started with it so I can't make up my opinion just yet.

Eureka is probably the worst content of it all, in my opinion. Anemos was alright, it was met with backlash but when people figured it out it was relatively enjoyable to go through. Pagos, however, is a frozen hell, and I dislike it, because the map layout was horrendous, and unforgiving.

Pyros seems a bit better, but I just started with it so I can't make up my opinion just yet.
    Anemos was ok, Pagos was crap because like you said map layout and Pyros is just awful because it's brought full on RNG into the relic.

It's nothing new either. Anemos is just the collection stage/fate farming we did with other stages, Pagos is just light farming and Pyros is the Anima growth stage but with the RNG cranked up to stupid levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is PvP much of a thing in FF14?

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    There is PvP but it's very so-so.

Feast which is mostly 4v4 ranked games, Frontlines which is 24 or 72 man 1v1v1 battlegrounds and Rival Wings which is dead as hell except for the weekend events a bunch of fans do.

PvP in this game is a side thing. Always will be imo.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    It exists, but it's absolutely horrible. The combat is not made for PvP.

I'd recommend World of Warcraft PvP far over it.

WoW legendaries were really powerful items with interesting mechanics, relics for comparison are just high ilevel weapons with unique model. Yeah, I probably should've compared to artifact skins, that's, I think, 216 weapons from one expansion compared to your 38 from three (well, there were also middle stage weapons, but AFAIR you had to do the same power ups again to receive them).
    The Gold Saucer in FFXIV has chocobo racing where you can breed your own racing chocobo if you so desire with the stats you want.
    So also race.
    They have Triple Triad which is the card game that you can play against NPCs throughout the world to collect new cards, as well as against other players if you so desire. They have the Lord of Verminion minigame where you fight over destroying crystals with your minions in a minigame arena, as well as all the other things I mentioned earlier.
    WoW has pet battles.
    The only difference from WoW is that bosses drop everything you've mentioned themselves instead of middleman currency.
    I've watched couple of youtube videos, it's just boring mob grind in the copypasted rooms.
    Looking for Raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    This game is like the opposite of WoW where the best part is really the leveling and story mode. The end game is pretty meh.
    WoW has a much better leveling, FFXIV has an extremely generic story and most quickly find themselves just clicking through it. It's all text boxes followed by mostly generic fights, bad delivery of a story that could be better if just tweaked.

FFXIV dont care to "fix" old stuff, they just add new things. This causes there to be tons of boring old patch content that you're "locked" behind in order to progress into new expansions.

I'd be like if you had to get loremaster for both eastern kingdoms and kalimdor before you could move into outlands etc, Except much more tedious quest types.

FFXIV has its strength in graphical design, group content and player housing :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It's a great game, but I'd say you really have to take your time with it. Don't rush it and enjoy the world/story, it's just much better of an RPG than WoW, where you really just rush to the max level and start raiding. There's not much else involved, which isn't the case with FFXIV.
    WoW has a pretty decent story if you take your time with it, FFXIV forces you to do so. And that is worse IMO, should be a choice :P Now you have to pay 25 euros to skip tedious and unecessary quests just to progress.

FFXIV isnt really more of an RPG tbh, less customization than WoW, higher graphics tho, but still you can be much more unique in WoW thanks to racial diversity and transmog options.

FFXIV is a good game, but I find myself hard pressed to say it really has much over WoW, even given BFA's lukewarm launch content.

Not only is it not too late, i would say start it right now. Off the bat what i can tell you they do better then WoW is actually listen to their community. Blue Mage for example was highly requested by the community and despite how hard it would of been to implement it they are doing it and allowing people to play it early on live servers before the job is even done, literally never been done before ever in mmo history.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    WoW has a much better leveling, FFXIV has an extremely generic story and most quickly find themselves just clicking through it. It's all text boxes followed by mostly generic fights, bad delivery of a story that could be better if just tweaked.

FFXIV dont care to "fix" old stuff, they just add new things. This causes there to be tons of boring old patch content that you're "locked" behind in order to progress into new expansions.

I'd be like if you had to get loremaster for both eastern kingdoms and kalimdor before you could move into outlands etc, Except much more tedious quest types.

FFXIV has its strength in graphical design, group content and player housing :P

- - - Updated - - -

WoW has a pretty decent story if you take your time with it, FFXIV forces you to do so. And that is worse IMO, should be a choice :P Now you have to pay 25 euros to skip tedious and unecessary quests just to progress.

FFXIV isnt really more of an RPG tbh, less customization than WoW, higher graphics tho, but still you can be much more unique in WoW thanks to racial diversity and transmog options.

FFXIV is a good game, but I find myself hard pressed to say it really has much over WoW, even given BFA's lukewarm launch content.
    Well, the thing is you CAN'T really focus on the story in WoW except of the current xpac. Though this may not be so bad with zone upscaling that was apparently implemented, but back in WoD (and I guess Legion?) you'd massively outlevel the zones by doing 1/4 of the quests in them (maybe half if you didn't use heirlooms). There was really no way to focus on the story of specific zones, and there is no overlapping story of your character, again, aside of the current xpac. Meaning WoW is effectively a theme park, not an RPG.

I mean, it may just be that I haven't spent much time in FFXIV and spent far too much in WoW, but I was amazed by the amount of content and freedom a new player can find there. Maybe it gets worse once you level up all the jobs and professions you want to have, but that's a long road ahead for a newcomer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The main and biggest difference between FFXIV and WoW is that FFXIV's systems are typically much more intricate and complex -- as well as rewarding and almost never become irrelevant when it comes to its intended design and features (whereas WoW tends to abandon things with new expansions). They keep on updating old content, adding new stuff to it if needed, adding interactions and so forth, and there is plenty that even a long-time player doesn't even know about or hasn't dug their teeth into.

At present it also still follows the days of working hard / towards something as opposed to relying on too much RNG. As well as having a myriad of ways to obtain gear that, again, doesn't rely on RNG. Crafting is vastly superior, has equipment, meta, story and is constantly updated with new things -- and the gear crafted rivals raiding gear, even if it isn't BiS. There is also a new end game being added to rebuild an entire city for crafters to work together. Many systems changes and new systems are also introduced during patches rather than just being hidden behind expansions (even classes are released in patches, such as 2.4's Ninja and 4.5's Blue Mage), and they are quick to add and focus on a ton of RP related requests on the forums and implement them -- as well as a host of other things that are asked for. They also are quick to admit when they're wrong and change something, such as when they changed the looting system (sound familiar?) and then reverted that change several days after receiving a massive amount of negative feedback. To say nothing of the Producer Director literally (using literally correctly, as well) getting on his hands and knees and bowing for forgiveness over past issues not only at the fan festival, but also at several points in the past.

Then there are a host of systems that are forgotten due to there being so many, and various things always getting updates. Some of which WoW may have, but in tremendously simple and or inferior ways that make it almost laughable when compared side by side.

Housing -- Frequent updates to systems and furniture. From adding "guild" features to a company project such as airships, submarines, etc. The crafters and gatherers get together for these. But also additions such as gardening, farming (just 24 slots at the moment, but they mentioned actual gardening for 5.0 at the festival), adding notes to housing on maps to signify what they are, to specific room addons you build, player or guild mate apartments you can buy or buy for them, chocobo training, chocobo feeding, aesthetics such as turning small, medium or large houses into themed armor or weapon shops or restaurants and so forth. Even the new mannequin system that allows you to equip it with items, and players can just click on that to buy the display in sort of a fashion thing (though there is a fashion fair, which will be discussed with the gold saucer portion. Not to mention the myriad amount of NPCs that you can place in your house that offer services such as materia, items, food, repairs or you can place your retainers on the property and assign them duties. Company (guild) buffs, knowing how to unlock higher tier and work towards that, reputation, company currency...

Recruiting NPCs from around the world to become a part of your army, leveling your army, equipping them (aesthetics), and even using them as a way to finish specific dungeons if you don't want to look for a party -- a good way to level alt classes as you have access to every ability in the game on one character (The Trust System is also being introduced that will allow story dungeons to be used with specific NPCs). From that, acquiring officer ranks and unlocking more new features and access to more resources, materials, armor, etc.

It's hard to compare choice when it comes to a game and FFXIV, simply because FFXIV allows you to do and have everything... with every class having several hot bars full of actions that you actually do use most of the time. A lot of jobs now only have synergies with other jobs, but job specific mechanics (the likes that make WoW look horribly dull), resources, class roles, unique limit breaks (though there's a community set way of how and when that I think they could expand upon and create a sort of renkei system with), positionals, and so on. To speak on the most base version -- the 2.0 Dragoon -- it had a rotation of some 40 button presses before it became even more complex with the positional system in Heavensward and then rebalanced somewhat again during 4.0. The Ninja also having to perform a mini-game during battle to maximize potential, as well as maintain building resources and following it rotations, party buffs, and so on. The list goes on and on and it's a matter of whether you like the simplistic WoW combat or a very stressful FFXIV combat system (depending on the class). To be honest, I prefer many of WoW's for when I want to lay back. Though there are also a couple fairly simple classes in FFXIV to play during those times.

Leveling and gearing content -- Palace of the Dead, Heaven on High, New Game + (5.0 -- looks to be amazing to level alt classes if able), Eureka, Squadron Dungeons, FATES (rarely used nowadays despite efforts to spark it up), Deliveries, A sort of Bingo system (Wondrous Tails) whereby you do dungeons and raids and it fills up (more to it than that, but a common mention should have to do), LFG and Raids having different areas, bosses, story, etc. and not just lazy math boosts (Hard dungeons are also remade as opposed to just increasing the math), Crafting (amazing gear from this), Relics, Tomes, High End Tomes (The way WoW used to have currencies instead of so much RNG), World Visit System (5.0 -- System will be amazing to revitalize fates -- You are able to visit any world without the help of anyone else. I.E. Don't need to troll a tool or have a friend online... which effectively takes a money source away from FFXIV as world transfers will be obsolete beyond data centers -- and they said they'll give free transfers from there as well). Retainers (Leveling and gearing them up, then sending them off to fight targeted monsters or gather specific things... much better and more useful than the shit tables of WoW if utilized correctly... problem being it's one of those things that takes months of work to properly level). PvP (Mainly aesthetics nowadays unless you're targeting specific level gear), Beast Quests (some super helpful in leveling crafting classes), Diadem (though I haven't played it since its update), and really a whole lot more such as leveling your chocobo battle companion, the Mentor Roulette System, The Roulette System, Commendation system (rewards, but grinding old content with alts is a great way to accumulate -- so and additional plus), Option to play any content at "base item level" so that no matter the expansion, you can go back and play it where it forces your premade into the lowest item levels possible. Every dungeon in the game being replayable with the level sync (also used via roulette) whenever you want... pretty sure I said crafting, but I'll emphasize that it provides good gear for every level. So you can make amazing equipment for yourself if you level it, or sell it, or buy it. Even in 4.4 / 4.5 they update with new crafted gear to rival (even if raids are more aligned to BiS in most cases). There's actually quite a few things I know I'm missing. Especially if you count all the aesthetics. ...Treasure hunting. The Vault. The Vault's predecessor (forgot it's name), Hunting Log, The Hunt (like a mercenary job board from XII), S-Class and A-Class hunts. Seriously, I'll stop now. I just keep on imagining someone saying "such as" when I say more (Trials, Vista System, Hildebrand, etc... ... ...).

Gold Saucer which makes the faire look like a joke. Random events, a ton of mini games, gambling, Chocobo Racing (super intricate with leagues, cups, breeding, breeding champions, raising, feeding, cultivating, mim/maxing, retiring and trying to unlock / attain specific skills, stars in all the stats, and all the gold saucer currency that comes with it (which you can buy quite a few things with -- including lots of mounts, so much aesthetics, emotes, hair styles, dances and so on). Triple Triad Card game that you can challenge NPCs from all over the world with -- or play against players. With its own tournaments and tournament areas (in addition to various ways to unlock cards -- even from boss fights and winning games / tournaments). Pretty much the same from FFVIII. Lord of Vermillion and Lord of Vermillion Tournaments -- perhaps the least popular. Easy gold saucer currency, but it's just basically a pet battle system with arenas and using potentially dozens of pets at once. Kind of like FFVII's Falcon Tower. Then the FASHION REPORT, which is hugely popular, believe it or not. Where a fashion show takes place each week and they give clues as to what you should dress up with as the new hot outfit for the week. Massive amount of currencies, achievements, titles with this, as well as what's been spoken up to this point. The Fashion Show in particular is really cute and well done and actually boosts the economy on the items that are the highlight of fashion for the week. Great way to make additional money selling to fashionistas. Then the dozen of so mini games beyond the random events. Shooting hoops in basket ball, strong arm contest, whack-a-moogle, the mining / gathering game, and so on. But those are on the level of -- if not slightly more entertaining -- than what Darkmoon faire has. Blitzball was also said to be in development a while ago, but they've been having trouble on how to implement leagues and keep on holding it back.

All Old Raids still being relevant. Able to go back and play raids at-level with the pug system or the previously mentioned base item level. No need to play on private servers or have strict rules of not surpassing an item level. Works with all content. With New Game + it will likely also be there for every story quest as well in some way. Some of the "bingo" card systems mentioned earlier also work with this, as do mentor roulettes and Raid roulettes for additional tomes and currency to buy the second best gear available (on par with crafting) beyond high end raiding.

...These are mostly some of the old content that's been made relevant and provide you with equipment, mounts, tons of aesthetics, music for your house and its orchestion, and so on. There are usually new content to indulge in as well, that also offer such things. But even then I've not spoke of it all, as there's just too much to remember... or I haven't delved into it. One thing being the Doman Restoration. Also, the patches and the story are amazing -- which leads me to.

2.4-2.5, A good portion of Heavensward, 3.1-3.5, Most of Stormblood and 4.1-4.5 having amazing storyline for an MMO. I'm a bit hesitant to say 2.0's 1-50 is great. It has its moments, and you need to have endurance to get past 2.1-2.3, which is definitely a drawback of the game. They keep mentioning wanting to go back and fix it -- and I'm expecting that announcement at the next or last Fan Festival in either Paris or Japan.

Which also leads to new stuff in expansions -- not that new stuff in patches (I'd say namely the new systems and occasion class) didn't already blow things away when compared to most other games. With 3.0 Bringing 3 in Heavensward (four if you count the 2.4 release), only Two in Stormblood -- though they were the two highest requested, so people were thrilled either way, and it looks like at least three in Shadowbringers. With 4.5 releasing the Blue Mage and, if the leaks are correct (which they have been so far), Soldier (Gunblade), and Dancer being the other two. Even more new systems that they, gasp, actually deliver on and don't abandon. All the stuff you'd expect, and so much more. But those are easier to look up than what's in the game and you have to find yourself -- such as the chocobo battle system.

Though I would be remiss if I didn't mention the holiday events. They're different. Every year. New rewards. New story. New areas (or old areas redecorated), new activities, new mounts (when they have mounts), new outfits. I don't know how Square is honestly doing all of this, or how big their team is, or why they keep on having their budget doubled and tripled after each expansion... or how they actually keep on adding new data centers or servers due to a growing population. But it is what it is. I some how doubt that a sub MMO besides WoW could be huge enough to afford all this stuff -- and new housing servers twice an expansion for every server -- but apparently they make enough to:

Make their stream of the festivals free versus increasing the price (and you can see in this festival the crowd is huge),

Have the festival in three different places around the world (United States, France, Japan), when Blizzard in the past said it was too expensive to think of it.

Or how they made deals with hotels to get people with tickets discounts on hotel rooms.

...But the cheering speaks for itself. As towards the end the crowd yelled "Yoshi-p! Yoshi-p! Yoshi-p!" ... to which he replied that the devs should get the praise as they put in the work to get it all done. The crowd even chanted "Devs! Devs! Devs!' shortly thereafter. Now, I heard yells at the last blizzcon -- especially when Reforged was announce... but not so much with anything WoW related certainly not Diablo related. With the latter being boos.

As for crafting? Well, I could write all day about that as that's what I mainly do. It's literally my job in FFXIV. It's so in depth and has so much and is updated so frequently that it's all I have time for when I do it. From the stories, to gearing, to penta melding, to preparing food and tea, getting all the materials and legendary materials, readying my retainers, looking at the market board and spending countless hours crafting. The thing about FFXIV's economy is that you can make gil without flipping or selling things one at a time enmass like in WoW. The systems actually encourage the opposite. And I've made enough to buy / make all my friends up-to-date armor, all my alts (I have many) the same, all my retainers the best gathering or hunting equipment to get me whatever material I want in game (excluding a few legendaries), lend money to company members so they can buy small and medium houses, buy everyone their own room in the company mansion and still have hundreds of millions already saved for the next expansion. I'm definitely looking forward to the new end game content for crafters in 5.0. The crafters and gatherers coming together to rebuild last expansion's main city sounds amazing. Especially since it unlocks a new housing area once they finish.

Though again, this is just the tip of the iceberg and we haven't really even delved much into leveling / armory system / classes / and other things -- or at least not talk about them in depth. The squadron systems has a bit more to it as well, as does nearly everything else. But I'd be here all day typing if I go on. The key thing I take from it mainly is that a lot of things feel like an accomplishment in this game. Mostly the stuff that takes months of patience and learning -- such as retainers or unlocking your officer ranks and powering up your squadron to unlock a new way to level alts as they assist you in dungeons. And they stick with you and are useful beyond new expansions.
    Last edited by GRAMMARAXIS; 2018-11-17 at 11:55 PM.
    "TRIFLING GNOME. YOU DARE SUMMON GRAMMARAXIS, ERADAR LORE OF THE GRAMMAR NAZIS?!"
    "GRAMMARAXIS will now note EVERY quest typo in game and use that to force Blizzard to make him into a RAID BOSS. GRAMMARAXIS' mechanic will be to force people to spell words, thus making him the hardest boss to beat in all of Azeroth. The world is DOOOOOMED!"

Not to be another hijacker but...I've recently turned from being a serious raider into only be able to do single-player content. This has pushed me away from WoW because I'm not happy with the lack of enjoyable content (for me) in a single player setting. Does FFXIV have a variety of engaging content, other than the leveling process, which can keep folks like me occupied?

Quote Originally Posted by Helcion View Post
    Does FFXIV have a variety of engaging content, other than the leveling process, which can keep folks like me occupied?
    At level cap? Rep daily quests, crafting and local version of Darkmoon Faire, that's pretty much it. You can also grind badges through FFXIV's versions of LFD and LFR and buy current gear with it (it'd cost you 6385 badges with weekly cap being 450, so around 15 weeks). No mythic+ or Brawlers Guild counterpart.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2018-11-18 at 02:47 AM.
    Looking for Raid.

I also think people who haven't played before might be underestimating just how much actual story and content the game has. You can't just hit 50 and start doing Heavensward. Or 60 and then start Stormblood. I haven't even finished Stormblood yet but I have upwards of 100 hours into my current character. You need to do all of each expansion's story patches before moving on. And the vast majority of them are really great. Also the older end-game content isn't gated whatsoever, unlike WoW which still rep gates old stuff for some reason.

There is a shitload of content in FF14. And you have to do it. And, once you make it past ~40, its pretty much fantastic the entire way through. Not to say <40 is bad, but some of it can get a bit tedious, but I was also playing before the exp bonus for MSQ.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-11-18 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This answers most of all your questions (make sure to read the comments as well)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...s_all_of_your/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    This game is like the opposite of WoW where the best part is really the leveling and story mode. The end game is pretty meh.
    Yep

/10 yeps
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

End game (to me its considered as current max level possible) gets meh when you hit the current weekly tomestone, gear tokens, etc timelock stuff including when 99% of endgame content is unlocked and least done once... excluding ultimate and savage as its not rewarding

It more turns into level others things and/or other activities... more variety content you get into the better otherwise you realize there isnt much if you focus on one thing mainly the way content patches have the concept "little bit of something for everyone"
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 2018-11-18 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    End game (to me its considered as current max level possible) gets meh when you hit the current weekly tomestone, gear tokens, etc timelock stuff including when 99% of endgame content is unlocked and least done once... excluding ultimate and savage as its not rewarding

It more turns into level others things and/or other activities... more variety content you get into the better otherwise you realize there isnt much if you focus on one thing mainly the way content patches have the concept "little bit of something for everyone"
    That's pretty much like WoW though. Once you do your raid lockout and your M+ for the week there's not much else to do. At least in terms of things that give tangible, non-cosmetic, rewards. Just not as interesting as FF14 imo.