Problem with high item level upgrades.

So I main affli at the moment and I have really bad luck with upgrades. At around 360 item level I had almost 60% mastery. In last few days I got really high tf pieces (2x 390, 380 and 375). The problem is they dont have mastery and at ilvl 370 I have only around 50%.

I sim every piece and they are upgrades for me but the gain is really low compared to the item level gap (the gains sometimes are like 0,8-1,5%).. And now Im not really sure, keep wearing them and feel like a noob because cant really do same dps as people with similar but better optimized gear or go back to higher mastery/lower ilvl gear, do less but comparable to the same item level bracket?

To be honest I don't know why you are so concerned over item level parses/DPS for item level. An upgrade is an upgrade; enjoy your higher DPS/overall ranking.

Yeah, it sucks having a high ilvl character w/poor stats. But you have to ask yourself what's more important; getting higher parse rankings or doing better damage overall for the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    Yeah, it sucks having a high ilvl character w/poor stats. But you have to ask yourself what's more important; getting higher parse rankings or doing better damage overall for the raid?
    Obviously its those sweet orange numbers bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Obviously its those sweet orange numbers bro
    Well, raiders are judged by the logs and if you constantly parse below average due bad itemization then there can be problem with getting into guilds or keeping raid spot for mythic progression.

If you're applying to guilds that can't interpret logs past "durh this dude only has green numbers pass" they're not worth joining.

Also if you're constantly parsing below average it's not due to bad itemization it's due to the fact you're actually bad.

I have the same issue on my main as well.
    370 shoulder upgrade, but due to terrible traits, my 340 is better.
    You'd think the sheer stat difference would be grounds alone for a replacement, but that doesn't seem to be the case when azerite traits are so unbalanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Well, raiders are judged by the logs and if you constantly parse below average due bad itemization then there can be problem with getting into guilds or keeping raid spot for mythic progression.
    Parsing below average due to bad itemization?

Yeah, that's not happening. If you have good ilvl and parse blue, that's a skill issue.

I've been having similar issues where 10-15 ilvl 'upgrades' are actually a sidegrade or a straight up DPS loss, either due to secondary stat allocation or Azerite traits. Hopefully some of the proposed Azerite armor changes ahead will go a long way to allowing me to use my highest ilvl Azerite pieces, however the secondary stat balance issue is still one Blizz hasn't quite nailed down. I'll run sims and actually test gear to see how it turns out, as I don't 100% trust sims in any scenario (even when I tweak the APL), but about the only time I'll use higher ilvl gear when it turns out to be a DPS loss is if the loss is fairly minor or if survivability is more important than DPS.

Beyond DPS, I actually have issues with some of the Azerite traits in PvP that are for survivability, as some are extremely strong from a survival standpoint compared to others to where the traits outweight the ilvl gains and survivability therein. Unless Blizz is going to start adding extra rings for everything.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Yeah, that's not happening. If you have good ilvl and parse blue, that's a skill issue.
    Exactly. This is a common misconception I've been reading for years. Itemization is not as important as people make it out to be. I mean especially now the values really aren't THAT big.

Purple, just seems cant get this one more step to go into 95%+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Purple, just seems cant get this one more step to go into 95%+.
    That's below average? OK then, how about you show some logs then so we can judge it for ourselves whether it's below average or not.

That's below average? OK then, how about you show some logs then so we can judge it for ourselves whether it's below average or not.
    Its much easier to just blame it on gear tho

On the flip side, I'm also an affliction Warlock. I've been getting parses at 85-95% for my ilvl. That's because I'm still wearing blues at 325 and 330 that sim better than my 355s I have in my bags.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?