Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Could we stop with the "blog post" shit? It's childish. This is a discussion board, and everyone has the right to discuss what they want to.
    So then as such, we should be able to delete this thread... as there isn't much to discuss that we haven't heard in the numerous other anecdotal tales of people behaving like assholes. Report the abuse, take the 30 minute time out... and move on with your life.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    People screwing others over just for the lols isn't something unheard of.
    It isn't something common either. Something not being unheard of doesn't suddenly make it Blizzard sanctioned. In all the years since Votekicking has become a thing I've been kicked at most maybe twice from things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as they couldn't even replace you with someone else at that point, kicking you gave the other 2 players no advantage. Which leads me to believe you were probably toxic as hell to the point where they'd rather handicap themselves than tolerate you any longer.

Report them for griefing

Sadly,to be honest,Blizzard has a big inaction stance on griefing and toxicity,so very likely they won't do anything,but it's the best you can do

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    People screwing others over just for the lols isn't something unheard of.
    People not telling the full story isn’t something new either for all we know op coulda been sitting at the boat for most of the game.
    Personally I never had to vote kick someone or got vote kick myself and I been running 15+ a week to cap on my 3 toons.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Report them for griefing

Sadly,to be honest,Blizzard has a big inaction stance on griefing and toxicity,so very likely they won't do anything,but it's the best you can do
    Not true. They're just far more open minded about other possibilities.

It SO isn't worth the man hours to investigate chat, and the events that led up to the abuse/griefing. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's subtle, sometimes it isn't ACTUALLY abuse/griefing.

We don't have the benefit of being omniscient, and human behavior people tend to try and play the victim card when they feel wronged to justify their own misbehavior.
    @Rustedsaint this guy gets it

It gets logged on the person's account, if they do it enough, eventually action will be taken.
    Last edited by d bunk a lot; 2018-10-04 at 10:33 PM.

id say report them but i dont think it will do anything.

you just have to accept that society is becoming more tolerant of loser behaviour(more losers in general) and move on to the next expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by d bunk a lot View Post
    Not true. They're just far more open minded about other possibilities.

It SO isn't worth the man hours to investigate chat, and the events that led up to the abuse/griefing. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's subtle, sometimes it isn't ACTUALLY abuse/griefing.

We don't have the benefit of being omniscient, and human behavior people tend to try and play the victim card when they feel wronged to justify their own misbehavior.
    @Rustedsaint this guy gets it

It gets logged on the person's account, if they do it enough, eventually action will be taken.
    I mean,they even have a rule against naming and shaming people regardless of evidence against that person,that's pretty bad

I mean,they even have a rule against naming and shaming people regardless of evidence against that person,that's pretty bad
    Because they don't want in game chat to turn into a bitch fest between players in conflict. Nor do they want a ton of forum posts bitching about player x. Which to be honest, I'm 100% in support of, there is no evidence to suggest that something is broken here, or that something sinister is afoot.

Report, take a break, move on.

Assholes gonna ass...

Quote Originally Posted by d bunk a lot View Post
    Because they don't want in game chat to turn into a bitch fest between players in conflict. Nor do they want a ton of forum posts bitching about player x. Which to be honest, I'm 100% in support of, there is no evidence to suggest that something is broken here, or that something sinister is afoot.

Report, take a break, move on.

Assholes gonna ass...
    And assholes should be called out for it publicly and everyone should know who they are,you know,just how it was allowed a while before,when the game community was "coincidentally" known to be great

Maybe they kicked you just so you would make a forum post and bitch about it.

Way to play yourself.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

And assholes should be called out for it publicly and everyone should know who they are,you know,just how it was allowed a while before,when the game community was "coincidentally" known to be great
    You mean back when people became notorious for ninjalooting... ya those folks always seemed to end up pretty decently geared, no matter how many times their name showed up in chat, and justifiably slandered by angry folks who didn't get loot.

Side note... not everyone is in agreement that vanilla was great... just sayin. Some of us remember it for what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Seeing as they couldn't even replace you with someone else at that point, kicking you gave the other 2 players no advantage. Which leads me to believe you were probably toxic as hell to the point where they'd rather handicap themselves than tolerate you any longer.
    You can get filled into an island, happened on my priest I zoned into semi-complete one.

Had also one on my hunter where people said "we're premade, we're faming (some type of mob, was it yetis...?) just follow us", so I just did that. Wasn't votekicked or anything. I'd estimate 10% of premade votekicks are probably pure trolling, the rest is people getting annoyed with the 3rd guy being counterproductive for example:
    - afk
    - wandering off on his own and repeatedly dying
    - training mobs onto the premade, because he sucks at avoiding them
    - not helping with stuff like quests, looting chests
    - being toxic on chat

There are tons of people atm farming for transmogs, so for example a guy who constantly runs into enemy faction npcs to fight them then whines at team they didn't help him is a problem, because for the transmog farm you should be avoiding enemy npcs as much as possible, and the big azerite elite too.

Group with a friend, problem solved. I've leveled two characters almost exclusively through islands now and haven't been kicked once during that time, so it definitely doesn't seem like some epidemic. On my other 4 characters, I've been kicked one time and it was honestly my fault. I was off on my own, contributing more than the other two people to be honest, but I didn't communicate what I was doing and they probably assumed I was AFK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Could we stop with the "blog post" shit? It's childish. This is a discussion board, and everyone has the right to discuss what they want to.
    OK...point out what in the OP is meant to spark discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Sounds like a one time thing. Bad luck but thanks for the blog post!
    Except the vote kick feature has been abused since it was first introduced, and Blizzard has done nothing about it...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    If they abuse the kick feature they will both gradually lose access to the kick features as has been the way since Cataclysm added the kick feature.
    Before they reset it, I had a 72 hour cooldown on being able to initiate kicks. So eventually I got stuck with people who weren't pulling their weight. Was a lesson in patience and just not caring about dungeons.

Deleted
    alright bros so its true you can vote kick people for ANY reason
    the gm said so
    imgur DOT com/a/QSNZylm

Why on earth do you get a deserter buff if you were kicked out?

Wait all the twat tanks that I've vote kicked in the past also got deserter? Ignorning the topic at hand that is great news, I thought those douchebsgs could just queue again wihout repercussion!

They were probably trying to farm rares for mounts/toys/pets/transmog and you were probably killing/mining useless things. They probably told you their intentions and probably asked you to stop.

Thus they probably kicked you because you were about to complete the island before they had a chance to finish killing the rares so they kicked you before you could ruin their farm. I would've kicked you too tbh.

I did leveling through expeditions and ran into quite a few premades. They'd say they're farming rares and would ask me to follow them and not mine things. I would and we'd steamroll through the expedition no problem. Never had any worry about getting kicked.

Don't want to be kicked? Don't be bad or toxic. That's the truth for probably 95% of vote kicks.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2018-10-05 at 05:18 PM.