Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I kick ppl from dungeons/expeditions at random in hope they make angry forum posts, so many angry whispers.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Leaning towards it being your fault. People don't kick at random, they kick because they don't like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dtruth View Post
    got vote kicked by a premade at the 5500/6000 azerite mark, they where leveling just like i did and now im left with a 30 min deserter. great game blizzard, cant wait for classic and the massive waves or ninja looters, scammers and griefers since you cant even fix issues in 2018 like this and people want classic.
    Uhm, you got kicked by a group who used the kick tool - could be that you deserved it. Who knows. They won't get extra rewards by kicking you.

As for classic, why are you matching this up? In click you don't need to kick vote, you just remove them. As well, scammers and griefers are everywhere anyways.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Leaning towards it being your fault. People don't kick at random, they kick because they don't like you.

People most certainly do - There was a thread about this not so long ago in which a guy stated he and his friend kick constantly, in a hope blizz realise how broken the system is.

I was kicked from one, not a word said by anyone, just instant deserter debuff. It's becoming a larger problem, and it's not just people that afk, suck or any other excuse. It hasn't become common for me personally, but they do need to adjust the kick feature on these

As I said maybe 10% of people are trolls, rest just want their stuff done with minimal hassle, so there's this question, what's the bigger hassle: putting up with the current guy, or bothering with vote kick and seeing if next guy isn't even worse.

90% of people will only vote kick in case they think "holy shit this guy is making our experience worse", so as long as you aren't adding or deducting from their experience they will let you be. I was for example going around doing stuff on my warrior in an island and not "helping" the rest of the group except just pushing the azerite bar by soloing rares. They didn't kick me. Even though I thought they would, because they were dying and wasting time so I left them and went to solo.

10% chance you got trolled by the same type of people who generally like to waste their own and others time "for fun" (for example, corpse campers, they waste time solely to draw joy from griefing others).

Afaik deserter is character specific, not account wide, so in case I'd get kicked from an island (haven't happened yet, but who knows) I can always log different character and keep farming.

I got kicked once from a dungeon for telling the tank he must have bought his cm achiev (he wiped the group in iron docks and then argued that's how you do it in cm and it's not his fault). People usually kick you if you argue with them, even if they're the ones being wrong. So most of the time best thing is to not talk to pugs. Most "revenge kicks" happen because someone couldn't win the argument any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by dtruth View Post
    got vote kicked by a premade at the 5500/6000 azerite mark, they where leveling just like i did and now im left with a 30 min deserter. great game blizzard, cant wait for classic and the massive waves or ninja looters, scammers and griefers since you cant even fix issues in 2018 like this and people want classic.
    Except in vanilla group leaders could unilaterally remove anyone for any reason. The vote kick system was not added until quite a bit later.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wait all the twat tanks that I've vote kicked in the past also got deserter?
    In dungeon you only get deserter if kicked or left before 1st boss, doesn't matter if left or kicked. After a boss is killed, no deserter.

In islands, no clue. Maybe there should be a change implemented that for example if you were present for more than 50% of the island, no deserter?

They most definitely do, especially at the end of the match, like OP described.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Except in vanilla group leaders could unilaterally remove anyone for any reason. The vote kick system was not added until quite a bit later.
    Vote kick was added with queue systems. In any non queue system either before it was added or now in pug raids / mythic+ leader can just kick you out without anyone else's consent.

Quote Originally Posted by zeidrich View Post
    I think they had a reason to kick you. Nobody makes 2-man "premades" just to wait until the end of a normal island expedition to screw randoms out of 10 minutes worth of time. On the other hand, I might kick a player if they were being obnoxious, mouthing off, or AFK for most of the time. Given your post, you don't sound like the most uplifting of players to play with.
    I think you'd surprised how often this happens. People group up to troll all the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is it considered deserting if you are removed against your will?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I'm sure this happens, but it can't be that often. I farmed quite a few invasions trying to get mounts and I never got kicked, and this with me being borderline annoying, telling people we should trigger invasion every time and overall acting like I was in charge. I often went on my own to snipe rares as well, and people were tolerant even when explicitly saying they only want to level quickly and don't care about my mounts. I never initiated any kicks for this either.

In fact, I was only part of two kicks, and they were both in the same game. A party member disconnected and the other guy immediately initiated a kick. Normally I would have waited for him to relog, but it was early in the run so I didn't think it would be a big deal either way, so I accepted (I didn't know he'd get deserter). This ended up bugging the scenario and the new guy was unable to port in. I then quipped at the first guy "I guess this is Blizzard's way of telling us we shouldn't have kicked him :P" and he started calling me retarded, so we kicked him too. That was all.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Thus they probably kicked you because you were about to complete the island before they had a chance to finish killing the rares so they kicked you before you could ruin their farm. I would've kicked you too tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Don't want to be kicked? Don't be bad or toxic. That's the truth for probably 95% of vote kicks.
    A two-man group in a three-man scenario is not a "premade." If you want to farm for transmog gear, don't expect the random person who joins you -- typically to rush through his/her weekly azerite farm as quickly as possible -- to farm your rare drops for you. A random group exists to complete the content. It's nice when people in a random heroic all agree to complete a world quest together, but farming for rares in a scenario is something else entirely.

If you're farming for rares with your buddy and kick a guy who joins you -- giving him Deserter in the process -- because he isn't interested in being hijacked by your nonsense, YOU are toxic. If you want to farm islands instead of just completing them, bring a real premade: 3 people, not 2.

Bullshit. Why would anyone go on the internet and intentionally piss people off?

(They gotta fix the deserter)
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    thats deep

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    This antique mechanic dates back to random daily heroic in wotlk and people leaving from Oculus (because apparently pushing 2 buttons on a drake is so much harder than anything else). Because they added deserter, people would stand at the entrance of dungeon afk or literally say "I don't wanna deserter, so just kick me guys". So they made vote kick equal to leave.

They also added a satchel with a drop chance of a mount if you were randomed into Oculus and didn't leave, but finished the dungeon (didn't work on specific Oculus pick, only random). But that's a completely different story.

this ^ but not with the premise you did bad things .

I got kicked myself (dh) because I was mining while a dh and a disci priest were instead getting chain locked into fighting with ally near their boat , the reason i was kicked is because at the start of the IE the dh said to go with the healer , me not being interested in fighting bots near their boat got me kicked despite probably having been the one with most contribution done towards the goal having downed 2 rares alone and mined everything on my way. I felt even more insulted because he claimed they were struggling ... serious , a DH and a disci struggling against bots in heroic.
    Then there was that time i got kicked even before loading into the map , fun things happening with randoms .
    Best thing to do when running LFG content is be a silent sheep.

Deleted
    Well, Classic will be fun with all the ninja loot and leaders kicking noobs before the last boss so they can 3-4man kill it and split the loot. You know, enchanting materials were not easy to by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Could we stop with the "blog post" shit? It's childish. This is a discussion board, and everyone has the right to discuss what they want to.
    No, actually, you don't. There are tons of things here which are off-limits to discuss.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.