Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No, it is more like you die of a heart disease and then in the future the kid of one of your friends travels back in time to give you medicine to treat the condition.
    Without you dying from the heart condition in either timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Without you dying from the heart condition in either timeline.
    I guess I found someone who hasn't seen Dragonball Z.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it is more like you die of a heart disease and then in the future the kid of one of your friends travels back in time to give you medicine to treat the condition.
    Or your friend's kid always traveled back in time and you never died of the heart attack in the first place is more like it.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Or your friend's kid always traveled back in time and you never died of the heart attack in the first place is more like it.
    But then there would be no reason for the kid to travel back in time because you didn't die, which would then cause you to die of the heart condition.

This is why series like Dragonball Z put conditions on certain characters due to time travel. Future Trunks is Future Trunks, not Trunks. Goku in Future Trunks timeline gets label as that. So if I say Goku dies of a heart condition, most people know I am referring to the timeline of events as they were originally. This is why people say Ahsoka was killed by Vader because the original timeline that was the case, Ezra altered the time line and we should pray he does not alter it further, or does depending on your point of view.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    But then there would be no reason for the kid to travel back in time because you didn't die, which would then cause you to die of the heart condition.

This is why series like Dragonball Z put conditions on certain characters due to time travel. Future Trunks is Future Trunks, not Trunks. Goku in Future Trunks timeline gets label as that. So if I say Goku dies of a heart condition, most people know I am referring to the timeline of events as they were originally. This is why people say Ahsoka was killed by Vader because the original timeline that was the case, Ezra altered the time line and we should pray he does not alter it further, or does depending on your point of view.
    That's if you have divergent time travel where the time travel is between different universes which I don't think is happening in star wars. This is closed loop time travel where ezra always saved Ahsoka at that moment.
    Driving on Sunshine.

It is the implication of the episode the World between Worlds that in the original timeline of events, Vader kills Ahsoka. Ezra using the World between Worlds to remove her from the timeline the moment she would have died, thus changing the timeline of events.

If this ISN'T true, there is ZERO risk to Palpatine gaining access to the World between World because it would mean he cannot do something he hasn't already done. Why do you want to stripped risk just because you cannot accept the implication that the episode literally presents to you?

And worse, you completely destroy the scene that Ezra chooses to let Kanan go.

So, yes, Ahsoka dies, but was later removed from the timeline in the moment of her death by Ezra. So effectively, she didn't but technically she did. This isn't a hard concept, but sure, remove risk and character growth because "aHsOkA dIdNt DiE."
    Point being, at the end of the Rebels show, Ahsoka is alive. Whether she died or not in that alternate timeline is irrelevant to that fact because in the timeline/reality the characters are living in now and being shown in the shows, Ahsoka is alive.

All the nuance you're discussing, while it has a lore impact, doesn't change Ahsoka's fate....she's currently alive.

Well if you are using DBZ, Ahsoka didn't die in either timeline because before Ezra saved her she survived. Using DBZ rules she would have died in Ezra's timeline but been alive in an alternate one.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not all time travel is treated the same. This is the problem with it as you say.

Is it looping where the original timeline never changes?

Or does it branch were each action creates it's own timeline?

Or does it not branch and it just changes the future?

Without the writers input on which version we are talking about there is no real point assuming anything.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

All i can say is. Thank god for good star wars after the goddamn shit show of 7-9.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's if you have divergent time travel where the time travel is between different universes which I don't think is happening in star wars. This is closed loop time travel where ezra always saved Ahsoka at that moment.
    Timelines, not universes.

And how do you still not get this: TECHNICALLY Ahsoka dies, EFFECTIVELY she didn't.

Just like TECHNICALLY Goku dies of a heart condition in DBZ, but EFFECTIVELY he doesn't.

One is speaking from a technical aspect, what must be true and the other is speaking from a story aspect which how the story treats it.

Ahsoka dies during the Mortis arc but is brought back to life, but no one has any memory of the event of her death ... so effectively she didn't didn't die. It kind of sucks the fact the Mortis arc in The Clone Wars is 100% skippable as it doesn't really matter to the story in the current canon (you don't even need to understand it to enjoy the references in Rebels).
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

And how do you still not get this: TECHNICALLY Ahsoka dies, EFFECTIVELY she didn't.

Just like TECHNICALLY Goku dies of a heart condition in DBZ, but EFFECTIVELY he doesn't.

One is speaking from a technical aspect, what must be true and the other is speaking from a story aspect which how the story treats it.

Ahsoka dies during the Mortis arc but is brought back to life, but no one has any memory of the event of her death ... so effectively she didn't didn't die. It kind of sucks the fact the Mortis arc in The Clone Wars is 100% skippable as it doesn't really matter to the story in the current canon (you don't even need to understand it to enjoy the references in Rebels).
    Nobody is arguing she dies on mortis. But she for a fact does NOT die on Malachite.
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you are using DBZ, Ahsoka didn't die in either timeline because before Ezra saved her she survived. Using DBZ rules she would have died in Ezra's timeline but been alive in an alternate one.
    Well, given that after Ezra and Kanan escape, Ezra does not see Ahsoka until he saves her which was when he removes her from the timeline.

We don't really know what rules it apply.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

Well no. If it's looping time travel she was always saved. You just didn't see it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is arguing she dies on mortis. But she for a fact does NOT die on Malachite.
    Malachor. Malachite isn't a thing. Seriously, how do you confuse -CHOR with -CHITE.
    –The Sith Code

Well, given that after Ezra and Kanan escape, Ezra does not see Ahsoka until he saves her which was when he removes her from the timeline.

We don't really know what rules it apply.
    We see Ahsoka though, we already know she lived in the very same episode you say she died.

- - - Updated - - -

Malachor. Malachite isn't a thing. Seriously, how do you confuse -CHOR with -CHITE.
    Probably auto correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Well no. If it's looping time travel she was always saved. You just didn't see it.
    And if it is looping time travel, there is no risk of Palpatine getting access to the World between Worlds because he would have already done what he planned to do.
    AND Ezra was always going to not save Kanan meaning it was never his choice, stripping the characters of free will.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

I would assume auto correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    We see Ahsoka though, we already know she lived in the very same episode you say she died.
    And many people felt that until the World between Worlds happened, that was signifying she was dying as she was descending deeper into the planet implying a burial.

It was actually hugely debated in Rebels fandom if that was saying Ahsoka was dying, a force specter, etc ...
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    And if it is looping time travel, there is no risk of Palpatine getting access to the World between Worlds because he would have already done what he planned to do.
    AND Ezra was always going to not save Kanan meaning it was never his choice, stripping the characters of free will.
    True, but they wouldn't have known that in that moment. It doesn't really remove free will. Just because he was always going to choose something doesn't mean he DIDN'T choose.

I means I will ALWAYS choose my family over a stranger. Does that mean I don't have free will?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cus auto correct on my phone
    Driving on Sunshine.