10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Oh so they can be in exile but still a Jedi but Leia can't stop her training and still be a Jedi? Weird double standard right? Also how can you say that Leia wouldn't be a Jedi while also saying that Luke is making up everything as he goes. You can't use old standards for being a Jedi while also saying those old standards don't exist anymore. Again a double standard to exclude a specific person.

She couldn't even be a remnant of a dead order by your entire argument. Because the Jedi Order died with order 66. And Leia was only ever trained by Luke who you just said is a non-jedi and simply "stole" the name. So Leia wouldn't be the remnants of a dead order. She would just be a force user by your own arguments. All of this just because you want to go by your own head canon rather then accept that the canon indicates Leia as a Jedi.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually he considers himself to still be a knight because he hasn't fulfilled the requirements to be a Jedi Master. Those requirements are to have a padawan that attains the rank of Knight. It is why Anakin was not given the rank of master but a seat on the council. This doubt of his rank is even explored in the Disney era canon. But if a Jedi master can over ride it then Luke can easily say a person is a Jedi even if they retire from training. Right?

Or are we going to continue the double standards?
    Yoda & Ben: actual Jedi masters, who were NOT DEAD AT THE TIME, who go on to train the son of a Jedi knight, who technically would not qualify to be a Jedi in any respectable way under their own Order's doctrine.

Ahsoka: A failed Padawan who left said order for her own reasons, knows the workings of Jedi Heirarchy and would be able to teach others on how it used to work. Would not be able to officiate rights to train new Jedi as official Jedi despite that knowledge.

Luke: son of former Jedi knight, too old to train as an official Jedi knight; gets trained by actual Jedi masters in the ways to Jedi knighthood despite not being recognizable by official order doctrine. Grandmaster of Order allows singular exception to Luke, despite it breaking all protocols and doctrines of the order, to have the chance to become a Jedi if he confronts Vader. Luke then treats himself as a practitioner of a new path based on old Jedi doctrine with some critical edits. (you following along yet?) Not really a Jedi in anything but name, but uninitiated people who don't know the difference call him a Jedi Master anyways cause he's the closest thing to it after ROTJ.

Leia: Sister of Luke, initiated in the new ways of teaching that Luke Skywalker offers as his version of Jedi doctrine, despite them not being able to be recognized by original order. Despite Luke urging her to continue his new philosophy, she leaves said order before he could recognize her as a Knight in his own version of the order; specifically because she saw visions that if she completed her training as a Jedi, her son Ben Solo would die. When Luke dies, she's the last person to know of his and the older order's teachings; is a remnant of those teachings because she cannot be officially recognized by the original order's practice. As in, she's the last person in the galaxy who can give pointers to anyone who wants to learn about Jedi; but no one, including herself, can ever be a real Jedi because the original Jedi order is dead at this point. They can carry on the name if they wish, but by the standards of Jedi doctrine, none of them can be officially recognized in the old order.

Luke could call her a Jedi if he wanted to, but it doesn't really matter because after Yoda's death its fucking make believe at this point, something even Yoda tries to teach him in TLJ. You can cry to the damn heaven's as much as you want but it doesn't change the fact that Luke is barely a Jedi by any stretch of the imagination, and Leia can't be called anything greater than a force user. Ben and Yoda skirt their own order's laws just to get a single heir to their legacy, throwing the entire order's practice out the window in the process; then fully admit in the end that it doesn't matter if their successors are Jedi or not.

Yoda and Ben are the last of the Jedi order, and the Jedi order died with them (I say this specifically because Jedi master Cere Junda and Cal Kestis from Fallen order are not confirmed to be alive post ROTJ). Luke carried on their legacy in name but can't realistically do that in an official capacity because he was not really a Jedi to begin with. Anyone who comes after Luke is part of a new order that is not really Jedi in anything but name either. Calling Leia a Jedi is just being kind at that point, because she never even completed Luke's training requirements ffs.

Not like anyone over at Lucasfilm even thought about this. Even in ROTJ Luke shouldn't be recognized as a Jedi even though Yoda says he will be when he confronts Vader; Yoda even laughs at Luke's declaration that he's a Jedi now. The sequel canon is a shitshow for this exact reason. Despite Lucasfilm's insistence on calling her one, Leia is not a Jedi by their own metrics. There's no official way she could ever be recognized one, she could only bear the name in honor of their legacy had she chosen to, and she deliberately didn't.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2021-06-09 at 03:12 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The Jedi did not exist at that point.

Unless she went through full Padawan progression and initiation, she was not a Jedi. And there's no indication that happened. Just that Luke trained her in the ways of the Force. Totally different things.
    Luke didn't do that either. He wasn't initiated, he wasn't a Padawan, he wasn't knighted. For obvious reasons.

The entire structure of what it means to be a Jedi changed significantly with the Prequels. We knew very little about them until then, and didn't need to. We knew they used the Force, we knew the Jedi had Lightsabers, that they were guardians of peace and protectors of the weak. And that's pretty much it.

What we know as Jedi robes today used to be standard Tatooine clothing. Unless uncle Owen was a Jedi in hiding. It made sense for Ben Kenobi to dress like that, because he lived in a desert and wanted to blend in.

There were no Padawans. The term simply didn't exist. There was no Jedi Order, either. We had no idea about their organization amongst each other, if they even had any. They might just as well have been knights errant, taking up a gifted learner who was taught in their ways, their principles, use of the force and trusting it, and then had to overcome a sort of challange to be recognized as a Jedi knight. The temptation of the Dark Side and rejecting it is probably somewhere in there too.

If we take this interpretation of what it means to be a Jedi, then Luke is a Jedi, and so is Rey. Leia aspired to be at one point, but didn't go through with it. I'm not sure if the word Padawan is ushered in the expanded sequel material, but from what one gathers from the movie, this is also the model Luke applied for his teachings. He was a singular master teaching students in the ways of the Force and the Jedi. No need to have an Order for that, or anything.

If we take the model presented in the Prequels, Luke's not a Jedi either. Yoda was the last Jedi (or Cal Kestis, we don't exactly know what happened to him, but at least he was properly knighted.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Even in ROTJ Luke shouldn't be recognized as a Jedi even though Yoda says he will be when he confronts Vader; Yoda even laughs at Luke's declaration that he's a Jedi now.
    Fairly certain he's coughing there.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    There is no order left to give a rank. Luke couldn't be a master because he had no Padawan that reach Knight. There was no council to give Luke, or anyone after him, official ranks. You are definitely looking for a loop hole here. Same way with you saying that Leia can be called a Jedi but it is factually incorrect. If you admit that she can be called one in your subjective "certain context" then it isn't factually incorrect.

Everything points to Leia still being part of Luke's order even if she didn't complete training. She also was training Rey to be a Jedi which is hard to do if you are not a Jedi yourself. Otherwise Rey wouldn't be a Jedi but just a light side force user who learned some Jedi tricks. Right? But we know from all of the lore that Rey is considered a Jedi with out following any of the rules and trials that was created by the old Jedi Order.
    No, Leia does not need to be a Jedi to train someone as a Jedi. Leia just needs to understand Jedi training and there were non-Jedi who understood the training of a Jedi. You can treat Leia AS a Jedi for certain contexts, but Leia is NOT a Jedi. This isn't a loophole, this is literally what the canon says. If you disagree with this, you are asserting your head canon and personal definition supersede official ones.

Calling Rey a Jedi Master is factually incorrect on all levels because at most she is applied to be Knight Level akin to Luke at the end of RotJ. She is not a Master, period.

- - - Updated - - -

" At some point after, while attempting to restore galactic peace, Rey became a Jedi Master" is on the wookieepedia and is stated to be from the same book I mentioned in my last response. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Book I will see if I can do a preview of it to look for better context.
    That reference book has at least 4 contradictions with the timeline. Reference books are always lower than any other source.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Fairly certain he's coughing there.
    He's trying to laugh but coughing because he's on his deathbed, its both.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That reference book has at least 4 contradictions with the timeline. Reference books are always lower than any other source.
    Doesn't matter unless it contradicts the statement being discussed. Reference books are still canon despite your, and others, view that they are lower then any other source. Unless you have another source that says she is not a master then what the reference book says stand. This is what a lot of star wars discussions come down to though. Refusal to accept canon and create a loop hole for why it can be dismissed.

If it walk like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck then it is a duck. The very fact that you say you can treat Leia as a Jedi in certain contexts means that for all intents and purposes she is a Jedi. A retired member but that is all the Galaxy has left. One that offered a different perspective of the views on fear and how to deal with it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter unless it contradicts the statement being discussed. Reference books are still canon despite your, and others, view that they are lower then any other source. Unless you have another source that says she is not a master then what the reference book says stand. This is what a lot of star wars discussions come down to though. Refusal to accept canon and create a loop hole for why it can be dismissed.

If it walk like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck then it is a duck. The very fact that you say you can treat Leia as a Jedi in certain contexts means that for all intents and purposes she is a Jedi. A retired member but that is all the Galaxy has left. One that offered a different perspective of the views on fear and how to deal with it.
    That's literally not an argument. You don't even have the source, you have the source filtered through Wookieepedia. They could have viewed the words in a book where they confused Jedi Master with a Master in terms of training. For example, "Master Jedi" is a canon honorific that is even used to refer to Padawans by the general public. Master is the honorific that Padawans use to refer to Knights as well as Masters.

So, using your argument of "walk like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck" ... using the same logic, Anakin Skywalker was a Jedi Master. And that is very much canonly not true. This is the problem, you are attempting to make an appeal to "common sense" with that argument. It can be very much mistaken.

Unless it is officially stated in a source, sourcebooks should always been taken with a grain of salt as how canon they are. ESPECIALLY sourcebooks that have several inconsistencies already proven to exist.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-06-09 at 10:31 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    That's literally not an argument. You don't even have the source, you have the source filtered through Wookieepedia.
    You had no problem with the source until you had no other argument. You first tried to say it isn't a good source of information because there are contradictions raised by it and the book if reference material. Now you argue that it is misinterpreted. Why not lead with that rather then out right dismissal? You keep grasping at anything to out right dismiss lore that you do not like.

Anakin Skywalker was should have been given the rank of master. We know that. The council knows that. And Anakin knows that. They used the slight as a way to chastise Anakin. But we are not talking about specific ranks here. We are talking about a person being affiliated with the Jedi to be part of the Order. Do you have anything to say that Leia was banned from Luke's order? That she was kicked out? Leia and Ghost Luke are the ones that trained Rey to be a Jedi.

Your last part is just creating a double standard. Unless it is stated in a source Darththeo agrees with, it should always be taken with a grain of salt as how canon they are is what you just stated. "The Star Wars Book" is considered to be a source of Canon despite the contradictions that exist. What are valid sources otherwise? Movies? Comics? Novels?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    " At some point after, while attempting to restore galactic peace, Rey became a Jedi Master" is on the wookieepedia and is stated to be from the same book I mentioned in my last response. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Book I will see if I can do a preview of it to look for better context.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah right. Lets ignore the information that proves you wrong just because it proves you wrong. Are there always exceptions? Sure but the exceptions are not the rule and the Old Republic Jedi Order was always shown to be stubborn. That is one of the reasons given for why Qui-gon turned down a position on the council.
    What information am I ignoring that proves this statement wrong?

"Training padawans was a way to earn master, but not the only way to be a master."
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What information am I ignoring that proves this statement wrong? "Training padawans was a way to earn master, but not the only way to be a master."
    Using the exception as baseline rather then the normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the exception as baseline rather then the normal.
    You're reading something that isn't there. I would agree with you that training padawans is probably the most common way knights advanced to masters.

I'm just saying it wasn't hard set into stone that that was the ONLY way.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just saying it wasn't hard set into stone that that was the ONLY way.
    But that isn't what you originally said. You stated training a padawan was not a requirement to become a master. Going around the requirements doesn't remove the requirement. It just means that person A was given an exception for whatever reason. Which reflect back to the greater discussion on can X be Y if they don't meet Z requirements.

7+ Year Old Account
    You had no problem with the source until you had no other argument.
    Because I use the source correctly, and not as a blunt tool of objective truth. I tend to only use the parts of it that are supported in the actual material anyway rather than sourcebooks. There is no hypocrisy because you can't see the difference. It isn't a double standard either. And YES, the movies, television shows ...the ACTUAL WORK is the source. Seriously, you do not understand what a double standard means.

Sourcebooks are meant to be collections of information; they may or may not be considered valid. When a sourcebooks has errors, a person is 100% valid in questioning its validity elsewhere. This isn't a double standard.

Anakin Skywalker was should have been given the rank of master. We know that. The council knows that. And Anakin knows that. They used the slight as a way to chastise Anakin. But we are not talking about specific ranks here. We are talking about a person being affiliated with the Jedi to be part of the Order. Do you have anything to say that Leia was banned from Luke's order? That she was kicked out? Leia and Ghost Luke are the ones that trained Rey to be a Jedi.
    No, Anakin should not have been given the rank of Master. He did not earn the rank of Master. He failed his one and only Padawan. He failed to learn the lessons his own Master taught him by repeating the same mistakes over and over while Knighted. Anakin was not a Master, nor should he have been granted the title. It is arguable that Anakin should never even been Knighted.

Leia LEFT the order. It is canonly stated that she left. She quit. It doesn't matter if she was "banned" or "kicked out" ... that isn't the only way to stop being a Jedi. Dooku left the Order, alongside 19 other Jedi before him. They ceased being Jedi. Just because Leia taught Rey does not make Leia a Jedi. That applies that the only way to learn to become a Jedi is by a Jedi. We can treat Leia as a Jedi in certain contexts, but ONLY those contexts. Leia was not a Jedi. This isn't a debatable point.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-06-09 at 11:47 PM.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    But that isn't what you originally said. You stated training a padawan was not a requirement to become a master. Going around the requirements doesn't remove the requirement. It just means that person A was given an exception for whatever reason. Which reflect back to the greater discussion on can X be Y if they don't meet Z requirements.
    It isn't a requirement. It's just the most common way it's done.

Where does it say it is a requirement?

15+ Year Old Account
    Because I use the source correctly, and not as a blunt tool of objective truth. I tend to only use the parts of it that are supported in the actual material anyway rather than sourcebooks.
    All Canon is objective truth. It is the canon that the creators of the product decided. You tend to only use the parts of it that are supported by your own beliefs is what you are trying to say. There is no difference between "actual material" and "Sourcebooks". "The Star Wars Book" is as much actual material as anything else created and endorsed by LucasFilm.

Anakin didn't fail his one and only padawan. She was kicked out by the Council and was offered to come back to the order with a promotion to Knight. That meets the requirements correct? Just because Ahsoka didn't take the council up on the offer doesn't change that she was eligible. There is no canon source that says Leia left the order. Only that she didn't complete her training. It does matter if she was banned, kicked out, or something else of a similar nature because that defines her future relationship. Leaving on good terms to "retire" is entirely different then leaving on bad terms to never be affiliated with the order.

If Leia is a Jedi in certain contexts then she is a Jedi period. All that tells me is you can't refute the proof so have to hand wave it away because it doesn't agree with your head canon. Is not the only way to become a Jedi by being taught by a Jedi? Jedi Text, Ghost Jedi, Exiled Jedi, Retired Jedi, are all ways to learn how to be a Jedi. And at some point you have to be learning from Jedi stuff to learn Jedi stuff. Right?

The problem with that argument is it was said by Kylo Ren. It doesn't have to be truth just because it was uttered by a character. You also ignore that Luke later said to Kylo that he won't be killing the last jedi. Which refers to Leia, Rey, both of those two, or some one else all together.
    Bolded text is purely speculation on your part. There isn't any canonical source that actually points to Leia being or considering herself a Jedi, even with the novel quotes you pulled.

Kylo's discussion with Luke needs more context too. I haven't been able to find a source of this particular discussion yet to know exactly what Luke was referring to. I mean, by all means, could he even be talking about Kylo killing him? Or maybe he's talking about the 'Jedi ideal' rather than any specific person. Again, I'd need to see the specific quote on this to further discuss, and I'm not interested in rewatching the Last Jedi to do so.

If there are to be Jedi after Luke then it will have to start with Leia and Rey as those are the only two known to be teaching and following the Jedi ways to some degree.
    Not true at all. Star Wars is such a vast universe that it'd be possible for other Force users to come across information on the Jedi and the old ways. This is a body of fiction, it doesn't have to start and end with Leia and Rey.

I mean look at Mandalorian. It was able to work in a loophole where Anakin didn't kill *every* Jedi outside of Yoda and Obi-wan. Grogu is a potential Jedi, or at least a Force user who was trained in formal Jedi ways at some point in time. Even if he goes the path of Leia/Asohka and doesn't adopt a formal Jedi designation in the future, he still has the potential to train a new generation of Jedi in the far future. A simple explanation for why he's never mentioned or considered a full fledged Jedi is because of his slow age, he could still be a Padawan in training at the time of the New Trilogy.

It's kind of up to the creative heads at Disney/Lucas to figure out what connections they want to have between Grogu, Rey and the future 'Jedi' Order.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-06-10 at 12:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where does it say it is a requirement?
    You just agreed with me that is is a requirement and the most common way. Just not the only way. Exceptions are not the baseline because they are exceptions. The canon has stated it is the a requirement. I can't offer a transcription of that because I do not own the book that it comes from. Google book search is not enabled for that title and my local library does not have a copy so I can't even borrow a physical or e-book copy. And I don't fee like buying it just for a discussion here.

I think I may see the issues here though. In Legends what you say was true. It usually required a padawan but did not always require it. In the Disney era that has been changed to require training of a padawan. Exceptions always exist though so a new situation could be created or an old one honored that does not meet those requirements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Bolded text is purely speculation on your part. There isn't any canonical source that actually points to Leia being or considering herself a Jedi, even with the novel quotes you pulled.
    It is not pure speculation. Who else would Luke have been referring to? If he knew of other Jedi why wouldn't he have sent Rey to them to be trained? We know that Luke was regularly communicating as a ghost.

If Leia is not a Jedi even though she is both teaching and using Jedi techniques then someone finding Jedi texts also wouldn't be a Jedi. You can't have it both ways and change things simply to fit the argument you are making. Anakin never killed every Jedi anyways. There have always been Jedi that escaped by Order 66 and Darth Vader. If Leia can't be called a Jedi then neither can Grogu but you are already making exceptions to say he isn't a full Jedi. That is still being a Jedi. Wouldn't Leia be a Jedi but just not a full one? Since she would be in the same state as Grogu?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-10 at 12:52 AM.

IDK what the big problem is. Ranks decided by an organization are subject to change, in nomenclature as well as in procedure.

Maybe "Jedi Master" once required going through a specific process, and included vetting by a council; now it doesn't, because the organization as a whole has changed. Since Luke is basically the only one left, he gets to say how it works.

That's literally how it worked in comparable institutions, like say religious orders. You can't just look at, say, the Catholic Church and go "oh but he's not a cardinal because in the middle ages, cardinals had to be noblemen and he's not a noble, so..." Things change, rules change, ranks change.

7+ Year Old Account
    All Canon is objective truth. It is the canon that the creators of the product decided. You tend to only use the parts of it that are supported by your own beliefs is what you are trying to say. There is no difference between "actual material" and "Sourcebooks". "The Star Wars Book" is as much actual material as anything else created and endorsed by LucasFilm.
    Except the canon value of sourcebooks is "Unknown." You are declaring them canon. And not everything produced and endorsed by Lucasfilm is canon. The Lego Star Wars materials that Disney Produced (Freemaker Adventures and the new Holiday Special) are both non-canon. And those were both endorsed and created by Lucasfilm.

Anakin didn't fail his one and only padawan. She was kicked out by the Council and was offered to come back to the order with a promotion to Knight. That meets the requirements correct? Just because Ahsoka didn't take the council up on the offer doesn't change that she was eligible. There is no canon source that says Leia left the order. Only that she didn't complete her training. It does matter if she was banned, kicked out, or something else of a similar nature because that defines her future relationship. Leaving on good terms to "retire" is entirely different then leaving on bad terms to never be affiliated with the order.
    Nothing you said directly proves Anakin didn't fail Ahsoka. Just because Ahsoka passed her great trial has no bearing on whether or not Anakin failed her. Obi-wan failed Anakin as a teacher. Anakin had become a knight, but Obi-wan still failed Anakin. The success of the student does not mean the teacher didn't fail the student, it doesn't correlate that way. You can have a successful student with a failure of a teacher.

This is what Anakin feels. That he and the Jedi Order as a whole failed Ahsoka. I am going to go with Anakin rather than a person on the internet desperately clinging to a bad argument.

If Leia is a Jedi in certain contexts then she is a Jedi period. All that tells me is you can't refute the proof so have to hand wave it away because it doesn't agree with your head canon. Is not the only way to become a Jedi by being taught by a Jedi? Jedi Text, Ghost Jedi, Exiled Jedi, Retired Jedi, are all ways to learn how to be a Jedi. And at some point you have to be learning from Jedi stuff to learn Jedi stuff. Right?
    No, that isn't remotely a logical statement. Context matters, period. Leia did not consider herself a Jedi. The greater galaxy didn't consider Leia a Jedi. The context she can be considered a Jedi is in merely the basis of discussion that she can be considered by us to be a Jedi in the context of certain conversations. But our discussion do not canon make.

What is funny is you accuse me of "hand waving" when that is 100% what your argument is.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-06-10 at 01:33 AM.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Except the canon value of sourcebooks is "Unknown." You are declaring them canon. And not everything produced and endorsed by Lucasfilm is canon. The Lego Star Wars materials that Disney Produced (Freemaker Adventures and the new Holiday Special) are both non-canon. And those were both endorsed and created by Lucasfilm.
    I didn't declare them canon. Disney did. If the canon value of the book is not known then nothing can be considered canon because their value is never stated. Even the movies change most notably with who shot first. Which is canon? The first way? The second way? The way X person says? The books? This is your problem. You are basing value on how closely it aligns with your views.

Nothing you said directly proves Anakin didn't fail Ahsoka. Just because Ahsoka passed her great trial has no bearing on whether or not Anakin failed her. Obi-wan failed Anakin as a teacher. Anakin had become a knight, but Obi-wan still failed Anakin.
    Are you aware that Obi-wan became a Jedi Master and that Anakin was his only Padawan? Obi-wan was allowed to the rank of master once Anakin became a Knight. That puts a wrench in your entire premise. You are going with your head canon which isn't surprising given how you've stated you value books that don't' agree with you less then ones that do.

Leia did not consider herself a Jedi. The greater galaxy didn't consider Leia a Jedi. The context she can be considered a Jedi is in merely the basis of discussion that she can be considered by us to be a Jedi in the context of certain conversations. But our discussion do not canon make.
    Where is the canon that says that? I provide one where she clearly thought of herself as an informal master. We have a canon source stating that Leia thought Rey need training that was not from a formal master. Leia thought that non-formal master was herself. You don't know how the galaxy considered her since there is very little Disney Era material exploring that.

Again if she can be considered to be a Jedi based on canon then she is for all intents and purposes a Jedi. Even if it only applies in some contexts that still means she is a Jedi. You are only saying that it applies sometimes because you can't refute canon but also won't accept your head canon as being wrong. Pick one not both. Like I said the duck test applies here.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just agreed with me that is is a requirement and the most common way. Just not the only way. Exceptions are not the baseline because they are exceptions. The canon has stated it is the a requirement. I can't offer a transcription of that because I do not own the book that it comes from. Google book search is not enabled for that title and my local library does not have a copy so I can't even borrow a physical or e-book copy. And I don't fee like buying it just for a discussion here.

I think I may see the issues here though. In Legends what you say was true. It usually required a padawan but did not always require it. In the Disney era that has been changed to require training of a padawan. Exceptions always exist though so a new situation could be created or an old one honored that does not meet those requirements.
    I did? Where did I say it was a requirement?

And no. I checked both.

Disney Cannon
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_Master
    A Jedi Master was a Jedi Knight who had been offered a higher ranking within Jedi Order as a result of a Jedi Grand Master seeing the Knight fit for the position.

Legends
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_Master/Legends
    The rank of Master was a title bestowed upon very few Knights in every generation. As such, Masters made up the smallest percent of the Order's membership. The most common path to this rank was to train and elevate several Padawans to the rank of Knight, typically one right after the other, and have them all successfully pass their Jedi Trials.

Anyways. I'm not gonna debate this further. I'll take what wookieepedia says over you.