Tatooine is inherently a part of Star Wars, just like the force and its wielders. You'll never be away from any of those things, in any given media, for very long.
    "yOu aRe wRoNg" - Darththeo

So... Andor meets Clockwork Orange, or something?

Didn't do it for me. Not a big fan of depressed Doctor and the Brie Larson impersonator.

But the actual Mando stuff was fine. More of that, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theme of episode 3:

What if we took an Andor episode, but painted over it with bright colors to hide the dystopian setting?

Like the episode. I think its subtly smart. Could just be my interpretation, but New Republic comes off as a facade (kind of validated in the books). Like on the outside they want to appear like the opposite of the Empire, but on the inside they really don't know what they are doing. Toxic positivity vibes. Half-assed Operation Paperclip. Not realizing how the First Order and/or the Imperial Remnants are plotting and scheming right under the nose of the New Republic. Meanwhile, the New Republic is just indiscriminately dismantling both Empire and Rebel Alliance hardware from the way, we know how well that works out for them down the line. No problems lobotomizing the people, though. Because SW isn't told in chronological order, we know its only a matter of time before the First Order and Imperial sympathizers open a wound within the New Republic leading up to the events of the ST. The New Republic is incompetent.

Oh yeah, I guess some stuff happened with Din and his little cult too.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2023-03-15 at 09:41 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    “And blood-black nothingness began to spin. A system of cells interlinked, within cells interlinked, within cells interlinked within one stem. And dreadfully distinct against the dark, a tall white fountain played.”

"You're not even close to baseline."

- - - Updated - - -

Bo Katan spinning her ship to take down last imperial ship was the best part of this episode. Movie quality scene!
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2023-03-15 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    “And blood-black nothingness began to spin. A system of cells interlinked, within cells interlinked, within cells interlinked within one stem. And dreadfully distinct against the dark, a tall white fountain played.”

"You're not even close to baseline."
    Yep, immediate BR2049 flashbacks on that.

Bo Katan spinning her ship to take down last imperial ship was the best part of this episode. Movie quality scene!
    It's called a Crazy Ivan! Wash would be proud.

The dogfight at the beginning looked brilliant! Really good cinematography.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Overall, it felt alright. But, there are issues that I have with this episode, it just feels like a step down from the prior two. I know it is setting up more about what is going on.

I did enjoy showing that the New Republic isn't so different from the Empire as they are pretending to be.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the story of this last episode was going to be part of Rangers. It was stated they would factor in some of those plans into future Mandalorian episodes. It is also possible they are setting up a future spin off as there is a rumor of another one being worked on
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Really good episode but it felt like 2 different shows. The Dr. PERSHING part felt like a different team worked in it all together.

Little too much Pershing , it dragged on there. But Mando side, brilliant. It's shame viewership is way down but not unexpected with the loss of subscribers D+ has ..

That 2 year hiatus and Horrible Obi-Wan and Book of Boba Fett drive some people away too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I wonder if the story of this last episode was going to be part of Rangers. It was stated they would factor in some of those plans into future Mandalorian episodes. It is also possible they are setting up a future spin off as there is a rumor of another one being worked on
    It does seem like part of it was reused footage from another series .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Theme of episode 3:

What if we took an Andor episode, but painted over it with bright colors to hide the dystopian setting?

Like the episode. I think its subtly smart. Could just be my interpretation, but New Republic comes off as a facade (kind of validated in the books). Like on the outside they want to appear like the opposite of the Empire, but on the inside they really don't know what they are doing. Toxic positivity vibes. Half-assed Operation Paperclip. Not realizing how the First Order and/or the Imperial Remnants are plotting and scheming right under the nose of the New Republic. Meanwhile, the New Republic is just indiscriminately dismantling both Empire and Rebel Alliance hardware from the way, we know how well that works out for them down the line. No problems lobotomizing the people, though. Because SW isn't told in chronological order, we know its only a matter of time before the First Order and Imperial sympathizers open a wound within the New Republic leading up to the events of the ST. The New Republic is incompetent.

Oh yeah, I guess some stuff happened with Din and his little cult too.
    Hm its kinda a reverse episode to crosshair in bad batch.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

5+ Year Old Account
    Rosario Dawson on her Instagram is saying she'll be in episode 4?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I didn't expect the Coruscantian. The Mandalorian part was too short.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Yeah was kinda like i was happily watching the Madalorian and it jumped into another boring show. I hope it was just a one off thing personally.

This show has really fallen off a cliff socially. Such low engagement

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This show has really fallen off a cliff socially. Such low engagement
    It is the third season. And it is only 2% behind Book of Boba Fett in terms of numbers at the same point. And while Din and Grogu are fan favorite characters, they aren't Boba Fett. And while it is significantly behind Kenobi ... well, that's Obi-wan and there aren't many characters that Star Wars fan love more than Obi-wan (it isn't a long list.)

There has also been a long gap between the 2nd and 3rd Season. I don't think Disney is reading too far into numbers as Andor is getting a Season 2 and it had lower engagement than any other Star Wars show. And Disney has even announced that post-Sequel movies are on the table and people have been avoiding it.

And of course you have the Fandom Menace who are upset over Gina's "termination" who yet think Favreau and Filoni are going to decanonize the sequels.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Really not a fan of this season so far.

it's fun in a roller coaster kind of way, don't get me wrong. You go "ooh ahhh", but then you get off and feel underwhelmed like nothings really happened.

Half the show just feels like filler and paddong while you're watching it (like wtf was the point of the whole IG-11 arc this season?)

It seems to have become a lot more serialised, but at the same time there's little real sign of a big overall story or stakes that it's building to. I guess now he's re-baptised he just goes back to his saber training?

Even the New Republic plot didn't give us enough to be anymore than just "Mystery people are doing some mystery things."
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2023-03-16 at 03:06 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

7+ Year Old Account
    What the flying fuck was this.

I was excited we finaly got a chunky episode, but it was all andor season 1.5 with the doctor, that ultimately end up in nothing, was this a setup for WHAT, what this have anything to do with the mandalorian story?

Don't get me wrong, the thing was not bad, per se(but it dragged waaay too much) its just felt out of place and a major bonner killer after a strong start, just felt that it does not belong here and kill the excitment.

The final bit with Bo-katan, visible shaking under the helmet after the acceptance of the others was top-tier, but the episode was just that.

I don't know how the hell 3 ships destroyed her castle, there was no one there, no guards, no defense, nothing, thats just a "??????" moment.

5+ Year Old Account
    Bo Katan said her stolen fleet dispersed after she couldn't produce the dark-saber. Considering war is cental to Mandalorian culture, she prob stashed any valuables in a bunker, also considering the imps nuked nearby planet...
    She probably lost her garage, droid, n some 'minor' things

I'd be shocked if she doesn't have a bunker, would be bad writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who else thinks Elia Kane is a Clone Trooper?

I can see the story with Pershing being a set up to have a Clone who still has Order 66 programming to be moved into the mix as a antagonist for Grogu.

I can also see the reason she did what she did to Pershing would be because she hates him for developing the cloning technology in the first place. What vengeance it would be to con him into the actions they took to get him into a mind affecting "treatment" to make him suffer having his mind messed with just as the clones minds were messed with.

Or, much like others believe which is a more direct path, she is still Giddeons lacky and doing shadow work for him.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2023-03-16 at 04:44 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

5+ Year Old Account
    If the living waters place with its beskar steel is a location strong with the force that is the cave they originally found Mythosaurs, the rise of Tarre Vizla the first Mandolorian Jedi, I have wondered how that particular creature is good for war...Does it have enhanced protection against damage? Would be odd for that place to have bunch of qualities that will affect the galaxy just out of random chance..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2023-03-16 at 05:34 PM.