Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Has the show ever done the opposite of that though? A lot of these complaints seem like people never watched the prior seasons which is always strange.
    Ha! You caught me. I actually hated the show since the second episode of season 1. It's fun seeing if anyone else feels the way I do about the new Star Wars. Apparently, I'm alone. I know I don't have a particularly high IQ but I thought some more people would agree with me.

Has the show ever done the opposite of that though? A lot of these complaints seem like people never watched the prior seasons which is always strange.
    Or any of the classic Westerns its clearly based upon and a homage to.

Honestly, the Mandalorian was never anything more than nostalgia bait to bring people in and then lead them up to the sequel trilogy.
    Anybody thinking that it was more than that is the problem. Baby Yoda is the purest example of that nostalgia bait.
    They are just taking the characters from the TV shows and continuing them in live action as a bridge to the sequel era.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Honestly, the Mandalorian was never anything more than nostalgia bait to bring people in and then lead them up to the sequel trilogy..
    How is that when all the characters were new? you can make an argument to grogu being a nod to yoda, but its not like he is his son and Mando was not something we saw often in previous movies with the exception of boba fett being a similar concept.

I'd say the Mandalorian was more a way to lead people up to the sequels to rebels than the sequel trilogy.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    How is that when all the characters were new? you can make an argument to grogu being a nod to yoda, but its not like he is his son and Mando was not something we saw often in previous movies with the exception of boba fett being a similar concept.
    Given we only know only 3 of their species, who are Yoda, Yaddle and Grogu, an assumption Grogu could be Yoda's child wouldn't be that far off.
    Sure, there are lore stuff that may possibly contradict that, but nothing we already know directly dismisses it or proves it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'd say the Mandalorian was more a way to lead people up to the sequels to rebels than the sequel trilogy.
    That happened in S2, mostly. S1 was more of an original thing.
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Given we only know only 3 of their species, who are Yoda, Yaddle and Grogu, an assumption Grogu could be Yoda's child wouldn't be that far off.
    Sure, there are lore stuff that may possibly contradict that, but nothing we already know directly dismisses it or proves it.
    I don't deny its a possibility, but i hardly think that is enough of a nostalgia bait, especially when the story of season 1 was fine

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by the amount of the ad's screen time you can expect the ridiculous IG-12 toys coming up pretty soon. IG-11 sales might go up too.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Judging by the amount of the ad's screen time you can expect the ridiculous IG-12 toys coming up pretty soon. IG-11 sales might go up too.
    And no love for mah OG boi, trusty ol' IG-88

Koska Reeves is going to be Gideons daughter , Gideon is going to be some disgraced Mandalorian .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    The show has no antagonist. They are trying to make Bo-Katan's rise dramatic but there is literally nothing stopping her.
    You can tell this was written by someone who isn't up to date with the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Koska Reeves is going to be Gideons daughter , Gideon is going to be some disgraced Mandalorian .
    It would explain his obsession with wanting to be one. He really has a thing for their culture.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Is this a leak/spoiler or just wishful thinking? We don't know much of his origin but I don't see him being put in charge of the purge if he had a personal stake in the planet. I think he just sees himself as the "heir" to the planet since Bo-Katan surrendered specifically to him.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Is this a leak/spoiler or just wishful thinking? We don't know much of his origin but I don't see him being put in charge of the purge if he had a personal stake in the planet. I think he just sees himself as the "heir" to the planet since Bo-Katan surrendered specifically to him.
    I'm not sure where people are getting theories like that from. He made it pretty clear in the last episode; he's just obsessed with farming the best every culture/society has to offer and making it his the Empire's. He's as much a "disgraced Mandalorian" as he is a "failed Jedi" or a... whatever the other culture was that he specifically mentioned in his monologue.

He doesn't see himself as an heir to Mandalorian. It's just his by rite of being a fascist twat who wants access to all of its beskar (and likely its Great Forge, hence building his base there).

10+ Year Old Account
    Important notice. In the sequel trilogy there are the First Order and the Emperor, but no Mandolorians, no Grogu. There's Hux, but no Gideon, also no Thrawn.
    I doubt they are gonna retcon the sequels.
    Them all gonna die.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Important notice. In the sequel trilogy there are the First Order and the Emperor, but no Mandolorians, no Grogu. There's Hux, but no Gideon, also no Thrawn.
    I doubt they are gonna retcon the sequels.
    Them all gonna die.
    Well, die or otherwise be uninvolved.

Gideon is probably going to die. Thrawn may or may not die - he's from a very remote part of the galaxy to begin with, he could just be removed that way. The Chiss are known isolationists that have not involved themselves much with the affairs of Empire or Republic, Thrawn was an exception.

Grogu like all the remnant Jedi could just remain in intentional hiding, which is why we haven't seen Ahsoka or anyone else around either. Or he could become a Mandalorian, and join in their efforts to rebuild their civilization - which may involve them either staying out of the fight with the First Order because they can't risk their already depleted numbers, or simply supporting the Resistance in ways that aren't that overt or obvious and largely thwarted by the time the sequel trilogy comes around. They are mercenaries after all, maybe the Resistance just couldn't pay them anymore, and they didn't want to pick sides.

Any number of ways in which those characters could still be around but not be DIRECTLY involved in the events of the sequel trilogy. Heck, you could even retcon it so they ARE involved in the final battle over Exegol, and we simply didn't see them in the chaos during the scenes in RoS. Pretty trivial to do, really, given the scope of that battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahsoka is definitely dead in sequels, we can hear her force ghost in support of Rey's final lash out.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ahsoka is definitely dead in sequels, we can hear her force ghost in support of Rey's final lash out.
    True, but that's something i wouldn't mind being retconned.
    Unless Filoni allowed it specifically, it could be done.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    All that time and effort spent to retake Mandalore and Din immediately moves back to Nevarro. I like his style.

Wasn't what I expected in the finale, but I enjoyed it.
    Could have easily been a series finale - I appreciate it not ending on a cliffhanger.

I've meme'd about Gideon having clone and never expected to actually be true...was a wild reveal

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Weakest finale for the weakest season.

A little anticlimactic for a finale, but at least they wrapped things up - no bullshit, no loose ends. I hope. Please don't bring Moff Gideon back somehow... Disney, come on, PLEASE.

Somehow it felt like things could have been, idk, a bit more of a big deal. The retaking of Mandalore. The destruction of the Darksaber. Stuff just kinda happens and then it's done. A little off.

Also that entire thing with the Doctor on Coruscant feels even MORE out of place now, it never even got a payoff or anything. They just shoved this in there early in the season and robbed me of quality Mando time. I feel cheated.

I can hear the haters crying already, though, that S4 is looking to be what they wanted S3 to be all along - just more Lone Wolf and Cub bounty hunter + green little man episodic storytelling. I'm sure it'll be spun in weird ways.