I mean I know star wars fans are nerds but complaining about the cantina being empty is insanity. If you had ever been to a bar you would know they are not always packed with a band playing. In fact most of the time there's fuck all people there except certain nights.

Or is it not StAr wArS because when you walk into a grimy hang out you're not met with big headed aliens playing a trumpet. Please.

And let's not do the rey is op thing AGAIN. Baby yoda used the force so the mando was interested in him and a bond started. Otherwise he wouldnt have gone back for him and left the guild. You know. Story reasons
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-12-07 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    You cant have violence in it (Disney!) but the first episode set a tone that felt dark and I liked it.
    What do you consider violence? Mando has been killing people in every episode pretty much. It's not horror movie levels of blood, but it's definitely not non-violent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    What do you consider violence? Mando has been killing people in every episode pretty much. It's not horror movie levels of blood, but it's definitely not non-violent.
    Wannabe bounty hunter shot a woman in the stomach point-blank with his blaster then held Baby Yoda at gunpoint. The latter is enough violence for one week. No one messes with Baby Yoda and lives to tell about it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    It's basically PG-13. Maybe they were hoping for something closer to R-rated? But that seems like an unrealistic expectation to begin with...Disney or no Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    I would assume the removal of the Hutts and Imperials have devalued outside business on Tatooine quite a bit. What happens to a wretched hive of scum and villainy when you remove the primary causes of all the villainy?
    I assume another Hutt would have moved in, Jabba's kid should be like 40 at this point right?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Love all the allusions to ANH. Did they ever explicitly mention that they were on Tatooine?
    yep, when he's coming in to land the guy on the radio says "Mos Eisley". its tatooine indeed. and the name of the first planet we see, where the mando clando was, is called Navarro. ( i assume spelled like the musician / tattoo icon )

edit: i see everyone got to the tatooine part before me lol.

so who does everyone think the armored kneeler at the very end was? there are only two characters that had attention put on them from all the trailers that we haven't seen yet. a female twi'lek and the imperial officer / moff looking dude that had the mob of stormtroopers with him... maybe one of them? maybe a mandalorian from a different clan?
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-12-07 at 11:19 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

7+ Year Old Account
    so, the show is rly worth to watch?? only saw the memes of baby yoda

Those last movies were pretty shitty, i am a bit unmotivated to watch anything related

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    so, the show is rly worth to watch?? only saw the memes of baby yoda

Those last movies were pretty shitty, i am a bit unmotivated to watch anything related
    If you didn't like the latest movies you won't like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post

so who does everyone think the armored kneeler at the very end was?
    I'm going to say it was him...or someone with conveniently the same gait, cape, boots, and damaged thigh armor:

The only thing missing are those (shells?) wrapped around his shin guard. Which could be explained by him not anticipating combat from a corpse out in the middle of nowhere. Or because it would have made it blatantly obvious to even people who weren't going to bother to screencap it and look closely.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-12-07 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    so who does everyone think the armored kneeler at the very end was? there are only two characters that had attention put on them from all the trailers that we haven't seen yet. a female twi'lek and the imperial officer / moff looking dude that had the mob of stormtroopers with him... maybe one of them? maybe a mandalorian from a different clan?
    Im guessing boba fett.

They’re on Tatooine, where fett was presumed to have died. Bounty target lady said something to the effect that she hadn’t seen a mandalorian “for quite some time.” If she’s been chilling on tatooine, and boba fett is alive... he could very well have been the mamdalorian she knew of (or, rather, thought he was one.)

As far as boba fett’s significance to the plot goes, he’d be a good sort of antithesis to Mando. Mando very clearly believes in what the mandalorians stand for, came up in their culture, and certainly has a sense of right and wrong, even if it goes against what his contract asked him to do. Boba fett on the other hand was essentially imitating the mandalorian’s style to enhance his reputation while believing in nothing beyond a fervent adherence to pursuing his bounties. I.e, he would have turned in baby yoda without a second thought.

Boba would be a good sort of “main villain” to come up against. We can’t just have Mando keep gunning down faceless bands of thugs, and I don’t think Werner herzog would put up too much of a fight 1-on-1.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-12-07 at 01:32 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Im guessing boba fett.
    how many years after the original trilogy is this set?

boba was the clone son of jango. he was unaltered, but idk if he could live over 50 years or not. the other clones couldn't, but they were altered for faster growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    If you didn't like the latest movies you won't like this.
    I'd compare it to Rogue One. If you liked it, you would probably like The Mandalorian.

I hate The Last Jedi with a fiery zeal, but I love The Mandalorian.

10+ Year Old Account

boba was the clone son of jango. he was unaltered, but idk if he could live over 50 years or not. the other clones couldn't, but they were altered for faster growth.
    He’s younger than Anakin by... I’d wager at least 10 years, probably putting him in his early to mid 40s. Seeing as he was a “perfect” clone of Jango, there’s no reason to assume he’d age unnaturally or be out of fighting shape.

If it’s not boba fett, then they’d have to know they were teasing him. Whoever it is is dressed in mandalorian-type armor. We know that mando’s fellow mandalorians are cool with him, so they’d have no reason to hunt him (and certainly no reason to care about some random woman he did not himself kill in the middle of nowhere on Tatooine.) So unless Carl Weathers is a surprise mandalorian or they’re dropping another mandalorian tribe on us, meaning they’d have to explain both the tribes and how they differ AND whoever this teased person is, in addition to why they had reason to care about this one bounty woman... I’m saying boba is the most likely person for it to be.

Boba fett, assuming he escaped the sarlacc, makes sense from a natural storytelling point. He’s got the armor, he was on Tatooine, as a bounty hunter who was tight with Jabba and the criminal world he would likely have had a connection to this underworld-connected woman...
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-12-07 at 02:05 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    9 ABY, makes it 5 years after Battle of Endor.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Disney+ app doesn't seem to work well; surround doesn't work at all, which is a huge deal to me. Until then, I'll either download episodes or wait until it works. What I've seen so far is pretty cool though, which also is a big deal for someone that never liked Star Wars.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm going to say it was him...or someone with conveniently the same gait, cape, boots, and damaged thigh armor:

The only thing missing are those (shells?) wrapped around his shin guard. Which could be explained by him not anticipating combat from a corpse out in the middle of nowhere. Or because it would have made it blatantly obvious to even people who weren't going to bother to screencap it and look closely.
    That would be a very... odd... choice to make from a screenwriting standpoint.

Why hide that mando’s going back? We can literally infer nothing from the interaction if its not teasing some new character. (Or, as is my best guess, boba fett.)

Mando didn’t plan for her to die, and he had no control over what went down between the two, so I doubt he could have taken some surreptitious action that would demand he return to her body. And even if he did... why not just show him, front and center, returning to her?

Like I said, the way it’s framed, if it’s still just Mando, doesn’t really service the story in any way and would be quite intentionally misleading... and misleading to no real end. Not only is it not apparent how him returning to her body is relevant, it’s also not apparent why not just letting the audience know he’s doing that is relevant either. I’d be supremely confused as to why they made that choice.

Boba fett would have similar armor, gait, etc. As for the identical-seeming damage on the plates... that could straight-up be from production, wherein the art department used the same mold for both suits of armor (which the blast marks would have been sculpted into) or, most likely, just reused that same piece of armor for two different suits because they were in the middle of the desert filming at night and didn’t need a whole new suit made up for one shot.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-12-07 at 02:28 PM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    I'd compare it to Rogue One. If you liked it, you would probably like The Mandalorian.

I hate The Last Jedi with a fiery zeal, but I love The Mandalorian.
    Rogue one was a nice movie, not spectacular but way better than the new trilogy

Then i give a try to the series

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Why hide that mando’s going back? We can literally infer nothing from the interaction if its not teasing some new character. (Or, as is my best guess, boba fett.)
    I don't know.

Doesn't seem like someone on the Mando's trail would have reason to go hunt down her corpse. He participated in her capture, but he didn't fire the shot that killed her, and everyone and their brother already has a fob for baby Yoda already.

I could see the similarities in the battle damage being an on-set thing if the production value for the rest of the show wasn't so high... I'd be more willing to believe it was a red herring than someone who just couldn't be assed to get the intended character's actual costume out for that shot.

Although I did just glance at an article that mentioned why people might think it's Fett: the jingling sound he was making when taking steps, which the Mando doesn't do. So I don't know...that could be a red herring too. I'd still be willing to bet that it was someone wearing the Mando's costume (with just those things on his shin removed like I mentioned before) on set, though.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-12-07 at 03:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Rogue one was a nice movie, not spectacular but way better than the new trilogy

Then i give a try to the series
    Well the episodes are 30mins each so just watch the first one. If you like it, continue watching...
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well the episodes are 30mins each so just watch the first one. If you like it, continue watching...
    i have ocd, when i start i have to finish haha