10+ Year Old Account
    Has the rumor actually been confirmed? Because it's been a fan rumor for 3 years, I'm all for it though.

So much for no lightsabers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Has the rumor actually been confirmed? Because it's been a fan rumor for 3 years, I'm all for it though. So much for no lightsabers.

The Mandalorian Taps Rosario Dawson to Play Clone Wars Fan Favorite: Report

-----------------
    Wasn't too interested in the Mandalorian at first...but now...you have my attention.

I’m not some huge Ahsoka fan but if this is true and considering how long they’ve kept it under wraps, it would have been really cool to find out during the actual episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

The Mandalorian Taps Rosario Dawson to Play Clone Wars Fan Favorite: Report

-----------------
    Wasn't too interested in the Mandalorian at first...but now...you have my attention.
    Why wouldn't they get Ashley Eckstein to play her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I’m not some huge Ahsoka fan but if this is true and considering how long they’ve kept it under wraps, it would have been really cool to find out during the actual episode.
    How old is she lol. I had to check the lore for Twi'lek and got no age info.
    She was pretty much young a in clone wars (17 years when empire took over) and in rebels she is adult (31 at time when rebel aliance was formed)
    Empire was defeated in 23 AFE. So she is 40 years old by that event.

The Mandalorian is set after Return of the Jedi and before The Force Awakens ( Timeline 34 ABY)
    Year 53 After the Formation of the Empire.

So she is betwen age 41-70.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Why wouldn't they get Ashley Eckstein to play her?
    Because she a) doesn't look the part, and b) does mostly voice-acting, doesn't she?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    She was pretty much young a in clone wars (17 years when empire took over) and in rebels she is adult (31 at time when rebel aliance was formed)

The Mandalorian is set after Return of the Jedi and before The Force Awakens ( Timeline 34 ABY)

She's a Togruta, not a Twi'Lek. Ahsoka was born 36 BBY, Mandalorian takes place 9 ABY, so she's 45+ years old. Dawson is currently 40-ish, if I'm not mistaken, so that would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Because she a) doesn't look the part, and b) does mostly voice-acting, doesn't she?

Pretty much anyone can look the part with the amount of prosthetics they'll need to look like a Togruta, and she'll already sound the part. She did live action roles before The Clone Wars, that was actually the start of her voiceover career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post

Pretty much anyone can look the part with the amount of prosthetics they'll need to look like a Togruta, and she'll already sound the part. She did live action roles before The Clone Wars, that was actually the start of her voiceover career.
    You can put make-up on her, but her facial structure is still pretty different. That picture you posted for example doesn't look like Ahsoka, it looks like someone cosplaying as her. Ashley is also nearly a foot shorter than Ahsoka's cannon height. Rosario Dawson also isn't quite as tall as Ahsoka, but she is closer. And just because someone has done live action roles doesn't mean she still wants to. Maybe she just plain doesn't want to go through all the make-up and psychical training required to play the character. It is pretty rare for a voice actor to portray the character if/when they make the jump to live action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

She'd be a little older than Mando.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    You can put make-up on her, but her facial structure is still pretty different. That picture you posted for example doesn't look like Ahsoka, it looks like someone cosplaying as her. Ashley is also nearly a foot shorter than Ahsoka's cannon height. Rosario Dawson also isn't quite as tall as Ahsoka, but she is closer. And just because someone has done live action roles doesn't mean she still wants to. Maybe she just plain doesn't want to go through all the make-up and psychical training required to play the character. It is pretty rare for a voice actor to portray the character if/when they make the jump to live action.
    Are people afraid that Dawson won't be faithful to the character? Rosario Dawson is obsessed with geek culture as they come.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    You can put make-up on her, but her facial structure is still pretty different.
    Everything is going to be different. You are talking about a cartoon going to a real person. There is also the fact that this takes place in the future of any existing visual appearances. So she could look like anything and it is just chalked up to how the species ages.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It has been reported that Rosario Dawson was cast as Ahsoka Tano for the 2nd season of the Mandalorian. I think it's pretty great!
    Her character in Clone Wars is the reason I couldn't get past season 3.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Everything is going to be different. You are talking about a cartoon going to a real person. There is also the fact that this takes place in the future of any existing visual appearances. So she could look like anything and it is just chalked up to how the species ages.
    Yeah, you could make lame excuses I am sure. Or you could just cast Rosario Dawson who is a great actress and looks a whole lot like what Ahsoka would look like as a adult. I am glad they went with the later option myself.

Yeah, you could make lame excuses I am sure. Or you could just cast Rosario Dawson who is a great actress and looks a whole lot like what Ahsoka would look like as a adult. I am glad they went with the later option myself.
    Seriously, what a windfall. So glad she is willing to take any part in this series.

5+ Year Old Account
    ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 3 Already in the Works at Disney Plus (EXCLUSIVE)

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the...us-1234586103/
    By Will Thorne Apr 21, 2020 2:00pm PT

The October premiere date for Season 2 of “The Mandalorian” may still feel like it’s far, far away, but pre-production has already begun on a third installment of the wildly popular Disney Plus series, Variety has learned exclusively.

Sources close to the production have confirmed that creator Jon Favreau has been “writing season 3 for a while,” and that the art department, led by Lucasfilm vice president and executive creative director Doug Chiang, has been creating concepts for Season 3 “for the past few weeks.”

“We’ve just started pre-production and are looking into further adventures for the Mandalorian in Season 3,” revealed one source.

In addition, another source with knowledge of the situation confirmed that the production design department began working on season 3 on April 20, pointing to the fact the department requires “such a huge lead time” to explain why “the gears have started grinding really early on.”

News of season 3 being in the works comes just over a month after production wrapped on Season 2. “The Mandalorian” was luckier than most shows, as it managed to round off production in early March, just before the first coronavirus shelter in place orders came into effect.

Favreau confirmed that Mando and co. would be back for a second season via a tweet late last year.

Season 1 ended with Mando and Baby Yoda flying off in search of the Child’s home planet and while little is known about the plot for season 2, Giancarlo Esposito, whose villainous Moff Gideon was introduced at the end of Season 1, recently teased that fans can expect more darksaber-wielding in future episodes. Esposito even admitted to having “gone through two, three” props while shooting Season 2.

In other recent “Mandalorian”-related news, it was reported that “Briarpatch” star Rosario Dawson had joined Season 2 in a guest starring role as Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker’s apprentice and one of the central characters in the popular animated show “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.” However, Dawson remained tight-lipped on the matter during an interview with Variety a week ago.

“That’s not confirmed yet but when that happens, I will be very happy. I’m very excited for that to be confirmed at some point,” she said, adding it would be “a million and one percent because of the fans.”

“The Mandalorian” was the first “Star Wars” series to launch on Disney Plus and undoubtedly played a significant part in the service acquiring a whopping 50 million subscribers worldwide as of April 8.

The Mouse House also has two others series from a Galaxy far, far away in the works, namely an Obi-Wan Kenobi series with Ewan McGregor reprising the iconic role, and a Cassian Andor series starring Diego Luna, which recently added Stellan Skarsgard and Kyle Soller, as Variety reported exclusively.

5+ Year Old Account
    What is it with so much news breaking at Variety? Aren't they a fashion magazine like Vogue n crap?...

Mandalorian Season 2 Post-Production Is Continuing During Shutdowns.

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-s...on-continuing/
    BY SANDY SCHAEFER MAY 01, 2020

Post-production on The Mandalorian season 2 is continuing despite the current film and television shutdown in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Thanks to Baby Yoda (sorry, "The Child"), the first live-action Star Wars show was a big hit when it premiered on Disney+ last November. The show promises to be even bigger when it returns for season 2, between the continuation of its story and all-but-confirmed introduction of the live-action Ahsoka Tano (Rosario Dawson). Disney's so confident, in fact, it's already started development on season 3, with Jon Favreau once again writing the scripts.

As part of a feature about how shows are dealing with the pandemic, Variety confirmed post-production on The Mandalorian season 2 is still underway. Director Rick Famuyiwa, who worked on season 1 and is back for the latest batch of episodes, described the process as "more all-consuming than usual," but later added "it’s good to have that to take my mind away from the daily madness that we’re living at the moment.” In a separate comment, animation supervisor Hal Hickel broke down the intricate nature of the show's editing and visual effects:

"A big tentpole summer film, like say ‘Avengers,’ might be around 2,000 visual effects shots, and these series are a little shy of 4,000 visual effects shots for season 1, and season 2 is no different. We’re doing them in around the same amount of time, maybe even less time, than a big summer film, plus we all have to work remotely. We’re in the middle of that tsunami now, but we’re going to get it all done, people are going to get their Baby Yoda, I promise."

In addition to scheduling The Mandalorian season 2 for October, Disney originally announced its first MCU Disney+ series, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, would begin streaming in August, followed by WandaVision in December. However, the latter two shows were unable to finish production before everything shutdown, putting their release dates into serious doubt. It seems highly unlikely The Mandalorian season 2 will be ready in time to move forward and fill The Falcon and the Winter Soldier's old spot, either. If anything, it sounds like it will take longer to finalize its visuals and editing than it would've under normal circumstances. As such, the odds seem more in favor of The Mandalorian's new episodes being pushed back to give its VFX artists the time they need, potentially to November or even WandaVision's previous slot in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    What is it with so much news breaking at Variety? Aren't they a fashion magazine like Vogue n crap?...
    Nope, they're an entertainment magazine with more of a film/tv focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ELYPOP View Post
    Nope, they're an entertainment magazine with more of a film/tv focus.
    Not only that, but it is mostly written for people in the industry so they get a ton of exclusives due to their connections.

5+ Year Old Account
    oh-oh, it's happening, never cared much for that character...

‘The Mandalorian’: Temuera Morrison to Appear as Boba Fett in Season 2.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/bob...an-1234602329/
    By Will Thorne

The New Zealand actor will appear in season 2 of “The Mandalorian” as Boba Fett, sources with knowledge of the series confirmed to Variety, having played his father and clone Jango in the prequel movies.

Disney did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Rumors had been swirling that Boba would make an appearance in the Disney Plus series, after a mysterious off-screen character made similar noises to the bleeps from the character’s suit at the very end of the fifth episode of season 1. All viewers could see was the character’s shadow, as he loomed over the dead body of bounty hunter Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen).

Boba’s resurrection represents a pretty surprising turn of events, given that he was last seen falling to his supposed death in the Sarlacc Pit of Tatooine in “Return of the Jedi.” Regardless of how brief his appearnace in the show might be, one certainty is that he is hot on the Mandalorian (Pedro Pascal) and Baby Yoda’s tail.

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-05-09 at 08:20 AM.

TBH I'm totally fine with Boba Fett returning, doubly so if it's the same actor. I'm a sucker for continuity like that, even in the face of non-movie canon (whatever that may currently be for Fett I've long since lost track).